Your Collection As A Whole

PensJerseys

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jersey section of my closet :thumbsup:

1001869.jpg

Nice Malkin Metallurg, Is the Malkin spelt in English or Russian?

Mine is in English :(

In about a month I'll be moving into my first apartment out of college.

Now, I'm kind of nervous about taking my jerseys with me due to damages beyond my control, but at the same time I don't want to take them to my parents house where my younger siblings can/will use them. I'm wondering if any of you use any kind of protective bag/cover/bin to store your jerseys so as to protect from possible water damage.

Once I buy my own house, I'll probably store them in a water/fire proof safe that I plan on buying for different reasons, but until then I'm looking for something to hold me over for the next few years - something preferably inexpensive. The only thing I can think of is the same kind of bag you use to store a mans suit, but those aren't always air tight...

Suggestions?

I use the suit bags.....from the dollar store and they are quite good to keep the dust off which is the biggest concern...some I've had in there for 5-10 yrs no signs of any damage....

wish to post my pics, but can't link to my pics on my hard drive, any help?

You'll need to open a photobucket or webshots account (any online photo album) and use the URL from the photos you post.

Webshots uploaded, going to try a post of the cave....posting a link to webshotsMy Link second try works! Contains pics/frames as well as jerseys(those on wall are auto'd), have been able to obtain approx 80% of auto's in person). All are pro except for some not easily available(KC throwback in white, 2010 WC )

Edited by Iced on the Island

Webshots uploaded, going to try a post of the cave....posting a link to webshotsMy Link second try works! Contains pics/frames as well as jerseys(those on wall are auto'd), have been able to obtain approx 80% of auto's in person). All are pro except for some not easily available(KC throwback in white, 2010 WC )

HOLY @*#$ that's a dope collection! Love those banners you got in there.

Wow, I am just speechless, I can't wait to get a house of my own with a stable job and disposable income... If I get a job upon graduation, first big purchase for the man cave is gonna be some Spectrum seats, and someday I will price out an artificial ice surface... :)

But seriously, you have so much stuff, do you guys insure collections like this?

Wow, I am just speechless, I can't wait to get a house of my own with a stable job and disposable income... If I get a job upon graduation, first big purchase for the man cave is gonna be some Spectrum seats, and someday I will price out an artificial ice surface... :)

But seriously, you have so much stuff, do you guys insure collections like this?

Insure? Without a doubt....try replacing some of it. :noway: Well, not that an insurance check would help to do anything but pay for it not find it. My company required picture documentation(dvd-r) with an appraissal of approximate market value, then they added that amount to my contents amount, but in the end I switched to a policy with a million on contents so it covers anything in the house.....biggest thing is make sure you can prove you owned it so they don't just go - sorry :P and leave you like this :o

Insure? Without a doubt....try replacing some of it. :noway: Well, not that an insurance check would help to do anything but pay for it not find it. My company required picture documentation(dvd-r) with an appraissal of approximate market value, then they added that amount to my contents amount, but in the end I switched to a policy with a million on contents so it covers anything in the house.....biggest thing is make sure you can prove you owned it so they don't just go - sorry :P and leave you like this :o

If you don't mind me asking, and I totally respect your decision if you want to keep it private, but how much was it valued at? Like I said, I understand if you don't want to say, and maybe you don't want to give total value, what was your highest single item appraised for?

Where did you find a double tagged authentic Gretzky burger king jersey? Is it a game-issued/used jersey?

If you don't mind me asking, and I totally respect your decision if you want to keep it private, but how much was it valued at? Like I said, I understand if you don't want to say, and maybe you don't want to give total value, what was your highest single item appraised for?

Appraiser stated that like everything, this fluctuates with economy, but there are a couple rarities that came in at $2000-2500(aagian depending on the market and economy, and of course that as time goes on these tend to increase), hence my choice of a 'blanket policy' for insurance with a verified picture documentation and hard list including size, make, approx. year, player if crested and any special patches, and auto'd or not. Make sure your collection is protected(security system also a good idea....)

Where did you find a double tagged authentic Gretzky burger king jersey? Is it a game-issued/used jersey?

Not game used, old stock, found it on ebay about 4 yrs ago, got it signed in the first '9' when Gretzky did a radio appearrance in the city. There are some out there....i made attempt on another for a guy at work in Dec. 08 on ebay(went for 1100 to a guy in Manitoba Canada I believe to give an idea of price 2 yrs ago....)

• 3 weeks later...

first post here. I used to have over 20 jerseys, but have whittled it down over the years. mainly just jerseys that i've had for years of my favorite players. thought i'd join in and share

mid 90's caps

IMG_0838-vi.jpg

mid 90's Avs replica

IMG_0844-vi.jpg

Hawks CCM Authentic third from 94

IMG_6141_1-vi.jpg

Chelios Nike Authentic third from 98

IMG_6139_1-vi.jpg

IMG_6144_1-vi.jpg

Signed Hull Reebok (Chinese) Edge third from '10. plan on selling this and getting a real Edge hoping to get it signed again

IMG_6146_1-vi.jpg

My idol growing up aside from Chelios

Devils CCM Authentic from 94 (why can't all jerseys still be made out of the Ultrafil material?)

IMG_6147_1-vi.jpg

IMG_6148_1-vi.jpg

Devils CCM Authentic from 00

IMG_6149_1-vi.jpg

IMG_6150_1-vi.jpg

Cheers,

M

What? No Stanley Cup in there? BOGUS Collection!

Just kidding, Nice job on displaying it all too. You're not married are you? If so the wife must be very "understanding."

That Blackhawks Hull jersey look suspicious. From the stitching of the fight strap... I'm sorry to say this because you have some really cool jerseys but the Hull jersey is a fake.

@Mods

Can we get a pinned thread with all the links to our collection? I had the idea on JC and it seems to work out good.

:thumbsup:

What? No Stanley Cup in there? BOGUS Collection!

Just kidding, Nice job on displaying it all too. You're not married are you? If so the wife must be very "understanding."

I should probably grab one of those replica cups the league sells I know...married no(noy anymore) :lol: but my girlfriend is ok with the present setup...but she's Johnny Boychuk's (Bruins..) cousin so she kind of has to be a bit lenient with this stuff.... :thumbsup:

@Mods

Can we get a pinned thread with all the links to our collection? I had the idea on JC and it seems to work out good.

Good idea. Done and done.

Yeah, that's why I put 'Chinese' in the post. It's definitely an Edge replica. I plan to purchase a real Edge version of the jersey and have it customized correctly. But I got this one signed so I've kept it.

That Blackhawks Hull jersey look suspicious. From the stitching of the fight strap... I'm sorry to say this because you have some really cool jerseys but the Hull jersey is a fake.

Yeah, that's why I put 'Chinese' in the post. It's definitely an Edge replica. I plan to purchase a real Edge version of the jersey and have it customized correctly. But I got this one signed so I've kept it.

Sorry, I didn't see the small text between the pics. I should scroll down more slowly next time.

• 1 year later...

• 5 weeks later...