Washing auto'd jersey's.

St. Patrick

I have a jersey thats auto'd (sharpie), is it o.k. to wash?

should be ok as long as you wash it on the gentle cycle but it will probably come out a little lighter then before. I washed my Robitaille auto'd jersey twice and the auto was ok.

Maybe it's just me, but personally, I would NEVER wash an autographed jersey or a game-worn jersey.

On a related note, how would you get rid of an auto from a jersey.

I have one (that I don't care much for) signed on the jersey itself (and the jersey is white)

Any tips on removing it?

I have one (that I don't care much for) signed on the jersey itself (and the jersey is white)

Any tips on removing it?

try rubbing alcohol, that worked for me.

• 1 month later...

Any tips on removing it?

I soaked an old Devils authentic (1992-93 Ultrafil) in Oxyclean, which wiped out not only about 95% of the signature, but also the yellowish haze that was all over the jersey.

I also took a picture of the "after" water in the bucket. How one jersey can turn it that deep a shade of brown is amazing.

I soaked an old Devils authentic (1992-93 Ultrafil) in Oxyclean, which wiped out not only about 95% of the signature, but also the yellowish haze that was all over the jersey.

I also took a picture of the "after" water in the bucket. How one jersey can turn it that deep a shade of brown is amazing.

How long did you soak it for?

can anyone tell me about dry cleaning jerseys? I've asked before and I know its ok to do it, but I have a white devils Brodeur jersey that needs cleaned up pretty bad and I'm worried about the red from the crest and lettering bleeding into the white.

How long did you soak it for?

I think it was about five or six hours. These pictures show the before, the after, and the bucket that the jersey was soaking in. All that remains of the whole autograph and inscription are what look like hot pink pressure point, kind of like if someone touched a highlighter to it.

2214878260055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2130029950055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2785892570055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

I think it was about five or six hours. These pictures show the before, the after, and the bucket that the jersey was soaking in. All that remains of the whole autograph and inscription are what look like hot pink pressure point, kind of like if someone touched a highlighter to it.

2214878260055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2130029950055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

2785892570055476068S500x500Q85.jpg

Yeah I did the same with mine. I let it soak overnight. No difference on the autograph though. It still looks the same as it went in. Maybe the ink used was a little different on yours than mine. The one on mine looks like black sharpie.

I'm going to try rubbing alcohol to see if that works.

Yeah I did the same with mine. I let it soak overnight. No difference on the autograph though. It still looks the same as it went in. Maybe the ink used was a little different on yours than mine. The one on mine looks like black sharpie.

I'm going to try rubbing alcohol to see if that works.

I had used hairspray to try to loosen it up beforehand; supposedly that breaks down the ink in a Sharpie signature. In my case, the jersey had been laundered so many times that, at most, it took out about 5% of the signature.

It's possible that there was enough of a reaction that the Oxyclean did some real damage though.