sizing help

chelsea^dagger

hi I'm planning to buy an edge jersey but i don't know what size i should buy. i'm 5'8 205 lbs (yeah i'm kindda fat lol). i also want it to be loose. Is there a big difference between size 52 and 56? thanks

Below is a size chart showing the various Edge and pre-Edge authentic and replica jersey sizes.

Unfortunately a bunch of numbers doesn't always help you know it'll fit for sure. The best advice is to try to find a store that carries Edge jerseys and try one on (even if its not the team you're looking for). Depending on where you live, this can even be quite a challenge as most stores just carry the Premier replicas if anything at all. You could try on a Premier since they are atleast cut the same, and then compare the numbers from the chart.

One problem with the tighter fit of the Edge jerseys is that to get a decent chest size, you'll probably end up with fairly long sleeves. Being a big guy myself, I always look at the chest size (armpit to armit measurement) first, then worry about the sleeve length later.

sizing_chart.gif

Squishy, I don't think anyone is purposely not trying to help you or anything like that.

Personally I've got quite a few XXL CCM 550 replicas, however I don't own any RBK Premier replicas to compare them too - so all I can go by is the numbers on the chart which say the XXL Premier replicas are indeed somewhat bigger. Luckily it's much easier to find Premier replicas in a store to try on than the authentic Edge jerseys Chelsea was asking about.

Squishy, I posted that i wear a medium CCM and medium edge Replica. The edge has a slimmer body but still fits. It also has very slightly longer sleeves. My logical guess would be that if you wore a XXL CCM you are probably going to be able to wear a XXL Edge Replica, but like I said its my logical guess. :)

Back to the Orignal Poster:

Chelsea, it might not be economically a good idea for you but, i was lucky enough to get an authentic Edge for a great price before paying 299 for one. As suggested by others, if you leave near one of your teams arenas, you might want to try the team store and try on sizes there. I am about 2 hours from Raleigh so im not driving up to Raleigh just to try on a jersey.

I can say that i have only size 54 edges at this moment. They are too big for me if im just wearing a tshirt. They dont look too ridiculously oversized, but the sleeves are like monkey sleeves. I should say im 5'8 165 lbs. The chest fits decent on me, im not a big guy, but like i said the sleeves are way to long. According to a chart, I wear a size 50 or 52. I have yet to try either of those to see if thats correct.

Your mileage is going to very though. Best way to figure out your size is try one on unfortunetly. Good Luck

Squishy, I posted that i wear a medium CCM and medium edge Replica. The edge has a slimmer body but still fits. It also has very slightly longer sleeves. My logical guess would be that if you wore a XXL CCM you are probably going to be able to wear a XXL Edge Replica, but like I said its my logical guess. :)

Back to the Orignal Poster:

Chelsea, it might not be economically a good idea for you but, i was lucky enough to get an authentic Edge for a great price before paying 299 for one. As suggested by others, if you leave near one of your teams arenas, you might want to try the team store and try on sizes there. I am about 2 hours from Raleigh so im not driving up to Raleigh just to try on a jersey.

I can say that i have only size 54 edges at this moment. They are too big for me if im just wearing a tshirt. They dont look too ridiculously oversized, but the sleeves are like monkey sleeves. I should say im 5'8 165 lbs. The chest fits decent on me, im not a big guy, but like i said the sleeves are way to long. According to a chart, I wear a size 50 or 52. I have yet to try either of those to see if thats correct.

Your mileage is going to very though. Best way to figure out your size is try one on unfortunetly. Good Luck

I tried on an Edge authentic size 50 (with a hooded sweat shirt on) and it fit me good. I usually wear a size large in the ccm/koho replicas. I'm 5'10" and 180 lbs. I also tried on a 52 Edge authentic and the sleeves where long and the body a little loose. I could go either way. But the big thing is, everybody is different. Try one on first.

i decided to buy the size 54 edge... and it fits perfectly... i bought it online and crossed my fingers..lol luckily i got the correct size... anyway thanks for all the help :thumbsup: