CCM/Koho jerseys sizes compared to new RBK?

SquishyTomato

I said previously that I had ordered a Heatley jersey, back then I was unsure at what size to get but i setteled for an XXL since it is what I got back in the KOHO/CCM days.

My question is.. are the sizes similiar? or are the new RbK jerseys actually much smaller than the old XXL koho/ccm jerseys?

Im sure you referring to the Edge jerseys since your talking about replicas. The Edges tend to fit a little tighter and have alittle bit more length in the arm depending what size you get. I wear a Medium Koho, and i have a Medium Edge. The medium edge isnt that much tighter on me. Some people say go a size larger with the edges, atleast in authentics.

I dont think your going to notice to great a difference if you have all ready ordered the jersey

Just going by the measurements the RBK Edge authentics are quite a bit smaller than their earlier CCM/Koho 6100 counterparts. However, the RBK Premier replicas don't seem to be much different in size to the old CCM 550 replicas.

Here's a composite size chart I whipped up from a couple of different online sources (including IJ's Edge sizing chart):

sizing_chart.gif

Just going by the measurements the RBK Edge authentics are quite a bit smaller than their earlier CCM/Koho 6100 counterparts. However, the RBK Premier replicas don't seem to be much different in size to the old CCM 550 replicas.

Here's a composite size chart I whipped up from a couple of different online sources (including IJ's Edge sizing chart):

sizing_chart.gif

My older authentics are all size 46, and I have a few edges that are 52. They fit very simiarly in the torso, edge sleeves are longer, but also 4 sizes bigger. So yeah... quite a difference.

sizing_chart.gif

I'm still a bit confused or I'm a bit dumb.. so pretty much the CCM/Koho 550 are the SAME size as the RbK premiers?

The armpit to armpit is bigger on the premier.. is that true?

Btw, I buy XXL!

If the Premiers are bigger, then why do they feel so much tighter? I'm not going to disagree with the chart and I'm not trying to dispute what you're saying, but I do find it surprising that the Premiers are bigger.

The measurements for the Premiers and Edge jerseys came exactly from what IJ and what Reebok apparently has released to other retailers.

I personally think it's weird that the replicas seem to be so much bigger than the authentics just by going by the numbers. That wasn't the case with the 550s / 6100s.

Maybe if someone has a 550 and a Premier in the same size they could compare them.

If the Premiers are bigger, then why do they feel so much tighter? I'm not going to disagree with the chart and I'm not trying to dispute what you're saying, but I do find it surprising that the Premiers are bigger.

It's probably because they're cut tighter in the chest and shoulders. I noticed that the first time I ever put one on. It's the same in the EDGE ones too. I have size 52s that are just tight in the chest and shoulders. That's just the way the new cut is.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got my black armor jersey, XXL.. It fits me but its a bit tigther than my old jerseys, although the sizes claim to be biger, it's nothing compared to the old KOHO/CCM jerseys.

Also, the jersey feels "Cheap" mind you it IS a replica.. but the CCM/KOHO replicas were of much higher quality, the material on this jersey feels really cheap.

Also, the shoulder patches are not sewn on, they are like flimsy plastic, I saw a fake china black armor jersey and that one has actually sewed on patches lol.

All in all not bad, I was expecting more, I hope next time I buy another rebook jersey it will be much better quality.

The only way for the quality to be better is to buy an authentic unfortunatly. I refuse to purchase another replica.

I have to say, with respect to RBK Edge replicas, I agree 100%. If you are going to go replica, go with a Pro-Player 550 vintage if you can. I got two recently, and they are amazing. I know Akteon will confirm...

• 3 months later...

Just an idea, If you like the way the old ccm/koho feel but dont want to pay for a shotty replica, this might be the way to go. They sell the old style jerseys from every team blank at this website. The cost cant be beat, plus add on customization by IJ, youre still looking at only $140. The name and numbers will be sewn, and the jersey will breathe a whole lot better. Maybe you cant fix a classic!

http://ccm.hockeygiant.com/nhl-gamewear-jerseys.html

Edited by Lord Stanley's Cup

I have a Koho authentic size 48 and to me, it fits loose. I wear a size 50 in RBK EDGE and I would say it is larger. So I would estimate that one's Koho authentic size is about equivalent to 2 EDGE sizes... ex. I wear a 50 in EDGE and a 46 Koho should probably fit roughly equivalent. So I would render that 48 I have is likely equivalent to a 52, quite possibly a 54 in EDGE.

Not sure about the replicas because I don't a single one. :D

The Koho authentics are about equivalent in length with the new RBK EDGE jerseys. My 48 koho is about equal length wise to my RBK EDGE size 50 jersey, that is, the distance from the front collar to the front hem.

The only thing I really don't like about Koho authentics is that the sleeves are HUGE in terms of width. The sleeves are so much wider, not longer, on the Kohos.

• 4 weeks later...

The Koho authentics are about equivalent in length with the new RBK EDGE jerseys. My 48 koho is about equal length wise to my RBK EDGE size 50 jersey, that is, the distance from the front collar to the front hem.

The only thing I really don't like about Koho authentics is that the sleeves are HUGE in terms of width. The sleeves are so much wider, not longer, on the Kohos.

I'm required to wear a red wings jersey for my rec league team but the problem with the RBK Edge replica's is that the cut and material are different than the authentics. I tried putting a Large premier over my hockey equipment and it won't fit. It is way too tight. I miss the old replica's because at least the cut was the same dimensions as the authentics and I could use them for rec league. The sleeves on the RBK Edge replica's are way too tight for shoulder pads and elbow pads. I'm probably going to have to risk getting an XXL just to see if it will fit.

I'm required to wear a red wings jersey for my rec league team but the problem with the RBK Edge replica's is that the cut and material are different than the authentics. I tried putting a Large premier over my hockey equipment and it won't fit. It is way too tight. I miss the old replica's because at least the cut was the same dimensions as the authentics and I could use them for rec league. The sleeves on the RBK Edge replica's are way too tight for shoulder pads and elbow pads. I'm probably going to have to risk getting an XXL just to see if it will fit.

I wear a XXL premier Av's jersey when I play. I also scored a player used Wild practice jersey for $50.00. Size 58.

The Edge jerseys are such a weird fit - going from a 46 to a 56 adds four inches in the chest, less than three inches in length, but SEVEN inches to the sleeves??????

I normally wear a size 48 in 6100s, and picked up a 50 Edge. The length is fine, the sleeves are too long, and it is a little tight in the chest, but I tried on a size 52 and it wasn't much looser in the body, but the sleeves were way too long. I just wonder how they are going to fit a name like Zetterberg on the back.

I wear a XXL premier Av's jersey when I play. I also scored a player used Wild practice jersey for $50.00. Size 58.

I really like the fit of the RBK practice jerseys. I was given one of the new Caps practice jerseys last year and I love how it fits over my equipment. I can fit into a size large practice jersey but an XL would be easier to put on over my pads. As for the RBK premiers, those were probably never made to play hockey in. I wonder how it will hold up over a season of hockey.

I really like the fit of the RBK practice jerseys. I was given one of the new Caps practice jerseys last year and I love how it fits over my equipment. I can fit into a size large practice jersey but an XL would be easier to put on over my pads. As for the RBK premiers, those were probably never made to play hockey in. I wonder how it will hold up over a season of hockey.

I typically wear a medium Premier jersey or a large in the old CCM/KOHO 550's when i'm either skating for recreation or when I go to Wild games. But when I play with equipment, the XXL premier fits awesome. I'm 5'10" 185lbs. I wear the standard for pads (bauer shoulder and elbow) and a pair of XL CCM breezers. It compares to a 58 in authentic size. I've worn it to 2 games so far, and its holding up great. It's awesome for wicking sweat.

I was skeptical when I got my Leafs alternate. The material felt cheap, and I thought it wouldn't last long. I wore skating (6 times a week for 12 weeks) and no problems. It still looks good. I have no doubt that my Av's Premier will hold up great as well. Just my 2 cents.