Jersey You Wouldn't Be Caught Dead Wearing

Mach_9

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait there are Thrashers fans? I go to school in Atlanta and still haven't seen one. You should file to get on the Endangered Species list!

wow...that was unnecessary.

He is just joking around. Brilliant! Always gets me/Devils fans...it is easier to just embrace it.

The Beast jersey is very nice. I know someone that would love to get one of those.

But it was pretty funny :D.....

Jerseys I'd never be caught dead in:

Islanders (I want a Fisherman jersey for rarity)

Flyers

Pens

Caps

Bruins (I want a Poohbear Bourque or Neely one day)

Not related to hockey:

Mets

Red Sux

Patriots

Colts

Also, I'd never be caught dead IN Jersey ;)

Devils, Islanders, Flyers and all pens jerseys except a Jagr or Lemieux....end of story.

No team is off limits for me, in fact the only teams I don't own, well yet, are the Sens, Blackhawks, Rangers, and Wild. However, players I would never wear is a pretty good list.

Matt Cooke

Patrick Kane

Max Talbot

Sidney Crosby

Evengi Malkin

Brooks Orpik

Jordan Staal

Tyler Kennedy

Cal Clutterbuck

Steve Moore

Ulf Sameulsson

Matthew Barnaby

Brandon Dubinsky

Vern Fiddler

Tom Kotsopolous

Kris Letang

I also don't tend to buy jersey's with goalies on them.

See, I find this whole thing to be very interesting, cause I like to think that I wouldn't wear jerseys from certain teams, and yet I find myself buying jerseys from teams other than the one I root for if the deal is right. I'm a Rangers fan first, with a small rooting interest for the Islanders and Devils unless they're playing the Rangers. So when I bought my first Islanders jersey after only owning Rangers jerseys I was like "this is ok". Then I saw a good deal on a Bruins jersey, so I bought it (and subsequently returned it cause it was damaged), and then tonight I just bought an old Coyotes Starter jersey. I have no idea why other than the fact that it was a steal of a deal if it comes in good shape. I don't even know who I'm going to put on it, probably Roenick or Doan. I like to think that I will never buy or wear a Pitt or Philly jersey, but I can just tell by the way I'm going that that's just not the case. What intrigues me the most is the hate people have for specific players. I can understand why certain people don't like Matt Cooke or Sean Avery because they can be dirty players or pests, and I can understand not liking players that score game winning goals against your favorite team in a Stanley Cup or the Olympics like Crosby. I just would love to hear the reasons some of you won't wear jerseys with certain players names on them. Like bupz, why won't you wear a Brandon Dubinsky jersey? I pick that name out as a Rangers fan who can understand why people wouldn't like Barnaby. I'm just curious. I can certainly make a list of players I won't wear, but I can probably put reasons next to them, it would just take forever. Now I'm rambling...

The only guy I don't hate from the Leafs for the 2002 ECQF against the Isles is Bryan McCabe (he is the reason why I have my greatest memory as an Isles fan :thumbsup: ). Went to 7 games and Tucker took out Peca, Roberts took out KJ, a very very under-rated d-man and the Isles best d-man (if I get another wave era jersey, he is going to get it). If Peca and KJ were still there, I think the Isles could have won the series if it wasn't for those goons.

I will not ever wear some players jerseys (Kane, Toews, Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Brent Johnson jk...he isnt a star, Stamkos) because it is like everyone has it and I dont look like a legit fan. I stopped wearing my JT jersey to games (I decided to get it signed and retire it) because everyone has one. I figured I'd go AMac on the one from Modells because the goal scorers get all the glory and his job is to make sure I don't know another goal scorer (only people in the NY Metro area will understand that comment lol).

I will not wear a Parise because he snubbed me when I was 14 years old looking for an auto (he signed for the guy next to me) and he should have been an Isle if it wasn't for that clown Mike (may I call you that? :unsure: ) posted at the top of the page.

I would like to pose a new question. Is there a player on your favorite team who you will never buy a jersey of?

I like to buy jerseys of the lesser known people and be different. I still have not bought, nor plan on buying a Mouslon, Comeau, Bailey, or Streit Isles jersey. I will not buy another DiPietro jersey. I would NEVER wear a Bruno Gervais jersey.

I also look for long names because it fells like I am getting more bang for the buck. :thumbsup:

I feel like theres nothing wrong with owning/wearing jerseys of star players as long as you have some no-names as well to show your true fandom of your team. In the end its the big name players that have more value if you ever want to re-sell them, at least to the majority of people, not just the people on this forum. As a Rangers fan obviously I will never and would have never owned a Redden or Rozsival jersey, but I think that goes without saying. As for people on the team right now, Boogard, Christensen, Fedotenko, Frolov, and Drury are players I can't see myself wearing. As for people on the team who aren't stars that I want jerseys for, I want Zuccarello, Stepan and maybe Boyle. And then there are obviously the star players like Callahan, Staal, Lundqvist etc. The one thing that bothers me more with buying jerseys for a team I'm an actual fan of, as opposed to jerseys for other teams, is the thought of buying a jersey and then the player doesn't re-sign or gets traded. Like for example, Callahan, Dubinsky and Boyle are all RFA's after this season. I got my Dubinsky jersey because it was dirt cheap, but I'm hesitant to buy an Authentic Callahan until he signs a contract, and also until he gets the C, which will happen when Drury retires.

Any jersey pertaining to Ovechkin. I can't stand his attitude. The same goes for Eric Lindros. Also no Flyers, Capitals, Rangers or Islanders.

• 6 months later...

I would never wear a David Steckel Caps Winter Classic jersey because I don't want to be blamed for some yinzer not watching where he is skating and getting hurt. Especially from people that can't tell the difference between an incidental collision and a blindside hit targetted to the head.

Im wearing my Stecks jerseys next time the Pens come to town. But Im probably the only person who owned one before that went down.

Matt Cooke or Sean Avery. Talk about attitude, those guys should be drummed out of the league (wait, Avery already has).

You do realize that Avery is going to be back, right? Either someone is going to get hurt, or his contract is going to expire and another team will sign him. That's how sports work. You don't get blacklisted because you have an attitude....

There really aren't any teams I would never wear a jersey from. There are some eras for certian teams I would never wear. There is also a long list of players I would never wear for various reasons.

I absolutly hate the current Dallas jerseys, I do like and own the Dallas jersey with the star shape on it though. I don't much care for the original Dallas jerseys from '93-'99 either.

I also hate the current Pittsburg jerseys. I like the old black ones that say Pittsburg diagonally across the front. I will try to get one of the Pittsburg jerseys worn last night with the Lokomotiv patches though. I'd also like to get one of the yellow skating Penquin jerseys someday.

The current home and road Ducks jerseys are aweful, I like the alternate though.

I would never buy the current home or road Flames jersey either. I do want one of the current alternates and one of the ones they wore for their outdoor game. I also want one of the ones with the horse shoting flames out of his nose. I wish they would go back to a white "C" crest on their dark jerseys.

The Oilers jerseys from '96 till last year sucked. I'm glad they went back to their original colours.

I wont ever buy any home or road Kings jersey from after '98, I wish they would go back to their original purple and yellow jerseys.

I don't like Ottawa's original black jerseys. They are just boring.

I'll never buy a black Flyers jersey. I love the rest of their jerseys though.

I don't much care for the Blues jerseys after '98 but I don't hate them. They're just kinda boring.

I hate all black Sharks jerseys and don't like the current home or road jerseys either.

I don't like any of the Canucks jerseys with Orca on them. I do like ALL of their jerseys before the '97-'98 season.

I'm glad Buffalo got rid of the slug, but I wish they would go back to their original colours with the current design.

I don't like the black alternates that the Blackhawks wore between '96 and '09.

I wish Colorado would go back to their original sleve design.

I don't like the '91-'93 North Star jerseys.

I don't like the white Minnesota Wild jerseys. I really like all of their coloured ones though.

I wish Nashville had made the current yellow jerseys their road jersey and made a blue jersey for their home jersey. Their current white jerseys are just too bland. I also love their old mustard alternates.

The current Pheonix jerseys are kind of boring also. I wish they had stayed with their original designs. I do like their current altenates though.

How about this, does anyone own any jerseys that they still wouldn't be caught dead wearing?

I own a Flyers, Isles, and two Devils jerseys but I wouldn't wear any of those.

I would never wear a Wings, Canucks, or Blues Jerseys... nothing wrong with there design but being a hawks fan i just cant stand them.

Ottawa Senators, and to a lesser degree, any of the teams I feel shouldn't exist, which I won't name right now because I don't want to start a flame war. :mellow: I would never buy those jerseys either, except maybe with the intent to publicly deface them. :lol: