Jersey You Wouldn't Be Caught Dead Wearing

Mach_9

I guess this is acceptable to wear then...?

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2211345400106460649IAVOtr

Good ol o-laugh!!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess this is acceptable to wear then...?

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2211345400106460649IAVOtr

I don't see why not, assuming that since it's on your Webshots, it isn't a fake. I know you were just kidding around, but to clarify, I never said I wouldn't wear jerseys from Western Conference teams other than the Wings in that post the other day- I'd wear anyone but the Wings in the West, and the Sharks are on my favorite team list (it didn't give me enough characters to put them on the favorite jersey list as well). Besides the Caps (and the Caps farm teams - I still have 2 old Portland Pirates replicas), I'd wear from any national team or Russian league team (I currently have 2 of Ovechkin from Dynamo, 1 of Semin from Lada Togliatti, and 1 of Gonchar from Mettalurg), the Sens, Bruins, Sabres, Leafs, and even the Habs (other than Halak). As for the other Southeast Division teams, I said I wouldn't actively seek them out, not that I wouldn't wear them. To sum it up and clarify for the record, the jerseys I'd never wear are ones of teams currently in the Atlantic Division, and the Wings. That leaves 24 of 30 teams in the NHL that I'd wear. Also, I guess I've set a precedent when I got the Gonchar from Russia, that I'd wear jerseys of current or former Caps while they played for other teams, other than while they were on one of the 6 teams that I wouldn't wear, i.e. that I'd wear either a Tampa Kolzig, St. Louis Brent Johnson, Columbus Chris Clark, Florida Zednik, Boston Gonchar (if I were to own them), or a Mettalurg Gonchar (which I do own), but not a Pens Brent Johnson or Gonchar, Flyers Brashear, or Rangers Gartner, to name a few examples. The only time that I'd extend beyond those 6 teams is if one of those people that I had singled out before that I'd never wear at all played for someone else, even the Caps (like I wouldn't get a Jagr from any team, including the Caps).

I don't see why not, assuming that since it's on your Webshots, it isn't a fake. I know you were just kidding around, but to clarify, I never said I wouldn't wear jerseys from Western Conference teams other than the Wings in that post the other day- I'd wear anyone but the Wings in the West, and the Sharks are on my favorite team list (it didn't give me enough characters to put them on the favorite jersey list as well). Besides the Caps (and the Caps farm teams - I still have 2 old Portland Pirates replicas), I'd wear from any national team or Russian league team (I currently have 2 of Ovechkin from Dynamo, 1 of Semin from Lada Togliatti, and 1 of Gonchar from Mettalurg), the Sens, Bruins, Sabres, Leafs, and even the Habs (other than Halak). As for the other Southeast Division teams, I said I wouldn't actively seek them out, not that I wouldn't wear them. To sum it up and clarify for the record, the jerseys I'd never wear are ones of teams currently in the Atlantic Division, and the Wings. That leaves 24 of 30 teams in the NHL that I'd wear. Also, I guess I've set a precedent when I got the Gonchar from Russia, that I'd wear jerseys of current or former Caps while they played for other teams, other than while they were on one of the 6 teams that I wouldn't wear, i.e. that I'd wear either a Tampa Kolzig, St. Louis Brent Johnson, Columbus Chris Clark, Florida Zednik, Boston Gonchar (if I were to own them), or a Mettalurg Gonchar (which I do own), but not a Pens Brent Johnson or Gonchar, Flyers Brashear, or Rangers Gartner, to name a few examples. The only time that I'd extend beyond those 6 teams is if one of those people that I had singled out before that I'd never wear at all played for someone else, even the Caps (like I wouldn't get a Jagr from any team, including the Caps).

I understand. Me, I just love the game. I love the jerseys and Like I said before, you don't wear another teams jersey in Philly so I kind of get around that by getting the players I like on their national team. It more unique, everyone has a Flyers jersey, Only I have a Nodl Austria jersey, or players like Fedotenko (Ukraine) and Tollefsen(Norway) and so on. I even get away with wearing opposing players jerseys without getting beaten up. I do get razzed if I am wearing a Chara Slovak jersey but thats only because his name is recognizable. I just started the webshots page so look for a few jerseys you may like such as Backstrom's Sweden, and a Stefan Ustorf Germany jersey. (I dont know if you remember him from the Caps Eagle jersey days.)

I understand. Me, I just love the game. I love the jerseys and Like I said before, you don't wear another teams jersey in Philly so I kind of get around that by getting the players I like on their national team. It more unique, everyone has a Flyers jersey, Only I have a Nodl Austria jersey, or players like Fedotenko (Ukraine) and Tollefsen(Norway) and so on. I even get away with wearing opposing players jerseys without getting beaten up. I do get razzed if I am wearing a Chara Slovak jersey but thats only because his name is recognizable. I just started the webshots page so look for a few jerseys you may like such as Backstrom's Sweden, and a Stefan Ustorf Germany jersey. (I dont know if you remember him from the Caps Eagle jersey days.)

I better not see any Malkin or Ovechkin jerseys, because I do recognize those two in Cyrillic. I will heckle and boo, :) you have fair warning...

As for a Nodl jersey, my friend and I are thinking of starting a fan group called Nodl's Noodles, and carrying on with pool noodles and such in the stands, you in?

I better not see any Malkin or Ovechkin jerseys, because I do recognize those two in Cyrillic. I will heckle and boo, :) you have fair warning...

As for a Nodl jersey, my friend and I are thinking of starting a fan group called Nodl's Noodles, and carrying on with pool noodles and such in the stands, you in?

You weren't the guys who thought my German Seidenberg jersey was an Ottawa Senator's third jersey, were ya'?

No, No Ovie nor Malkins yet. Chances are I wont be getting them either. Kind of looking for different ones now.

Nodl's Noodles would get you on TV if he scores maybe.... Great idea though...!

You weren't the guys who thought my German Seidenberg jersey was an Ottawa Senator's third jersey, were ya'?

No, No Ovie nor Malkins yet. Chances are I wont be getting them either. Kind of looking for different ones now.

Nodl's Noodles would get you on TV if he scores maybe.... Great idea though...!

No it wasn't, I'd recognize a Germany jersey. And if Andreas 'No-Goal' Nodl scores a goal in these playoffs, I think I seriously would eat one of my jerseys. (Can't take credit for the 'No-Goal' nickname, that goes to Frank Seravalli of the Daily News.)

Also, I definitely appreciate the national jersey situation, although I wouldn't own a Russian Nat'l jersey, I am thinking about getting a Sergei Bobrovsky, Metallurg Novokuznetsk jersey if he turns in to anything. Also thinking about a Timra IK Backlund jersey if we resign him.

I am also looking for lock-out jerseys that Flyers might have worn, if I had the money I was going to purchase a game-worn Hartnell Valerenga jersey from his time in Norway.

No it wasn't, I'd recognize a Germany jersey. And if Andreas 'No-Goal' Nodl scores a goal in these playoffs, I think I seriously would eat one of my jerseys. (Can't take credit for the 'No-Goal' nickname, that goes to Frank Seravalli of the Daily News.)

Also, I definitely appreciate the national jersey situation, although I wouldn't own a Russian Nat'l jersey, I am thinking about getting a Sergei Bobrovsky, Metallurg Novokuznetsk jersey if he turns in to anything. Also thinking about a Timra IK Backlund jersey if we resign him.

I am also looking for lock-out jerseys that Flyers might have worn, if I had the money I was going to purchase a game-worn Hartnell Valerenga jersey from his time in Norway.

Good luck in your European quests! I started to try to find a few years back. Dopita and Cechmanek Vsetin jerseys and I picked up a Niittymaki TPS Turku. I dont have them yet in my webshots album but I have added a few more. http://community.webshots.com/user/jerseymikea

This is the total opposite, but ever since I got my Parise signed Devils christmas jersey I have acquired a devils christmas fetish. Getting hats and everything now,

The Christmas style of the Devils jersey in red might just have to become an exception for me if I can find a size 52 of the "real" (i.e. pre-1993 CCM, not EDGE) kind. Obviously, I'd never wear it to the Phone Booth (Verizon), or if I were at a game at Wachovia Center in Philly, MSG, or the Igloo (or whatever nickname they'll come up with for the new Consol Energy Center replacing Mellon), but it is still a really cool jersey. The other advantage of the Russian jerseys (at least the Lutch) is that they're of great quality, cheaper than NHL, and seem to be less prone to being faked. The next Russian jersey I want to try and find is one of Semyon Varlamov in red from Lokomotiv, since clearly Jose Theodore is not the goalie of the future for the Caps- as everyone on here knows, Varly has his ups and downs, so it may be Varly or Michal Neuvirth, but Varly still has the edge there just on experience. I have been trying to find one on Ebay, but Abrom hasn't had it yet, and the only one I ever saw was from a seller that seemed kind of sketchy, so I didn't get it.

The Christmas style of the Devils jersey in red might just have to become an exception for me if I can find a size 52 of the "real" (i.e. pre-1993 CCM, not EDGE) kind. Obviously, I'd never wear it to the Phone Booth (Verizon), or if I were at a game at Wachovia Center in Philly, MSG, or the Igloo (or whatever nickname they'll come up with for the new Consol Energy Center replacing Mellon), but it is still a really cool jersey. The other advantage of the Russian jerseys (at least the Lutch) is that they're of great quality, cheaper than NHL, and seem to be less prone to being faked. The next Russian jersey I want to try and find is one of Semyon Varlamov in red from Lokomotiv, since clearly Jose Theodore is not the goalie of the future for the Caps- as everyone on here knows, Varly has his ups and downs, so it may be Varly or Michal Neuvirth, but Varly still has the edge there just on experience. I have been trying to find one on Ebay, but Abrom hasn't had it yet, and the only one I ever saw was from a seller that seemed kind of sketchy, so I didn't get it.

This guy?? He backed up this night. I was upset SV wasn't dressed, It may have been a pre-season game or something but I like goalie masks so I shot the pic.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2857495820106460649oINIkA

This is the total opposite, but ever since I got my Parise signed Devils christmas jersey I have acquired a devils christmas fetish. Getting hats and everything now,

I'll admit that was a pretty nice style by the Devils. They should go back to it, but I doubt they will since management is not set on getting a third jersey.

I will never wear a Devils jersey. Being a hard core Flyers fan it would be morally wrong. Not to mention I would probably be shot by the locals. Sorry Devils fans.

• 10 months later...

0317.png59025.pngUL349.png well...maybe the name but def not the jersey

..i would probably be disowned by my parents if i even held one of these: UA1778.png

Edited by THRASHdawg

I will never wear:

-a rangers jersey (unless I lose a bet)

-Dale Hunter jersey

-Darcy Tucker

-Gary Roberts

-Jack Johnson

-Kris Letang

-Matt Cooke

-Gretzky jersey (might buy one though lol)

-Lemieux jersey (might buy one though lol)

-Crosby jersey (will eventually buy one, greatest player of my generation)

-red sux

-patriots

-dolphins

-giants

-Knicks

-celtics

-Crosby jersey (will eventually buy one, greatest player of my generation)

I would take Toews before Crosby.

I would never wear a David Steckel Caps Winter Classic jersey because I don't want to be blamed for some yinzer not watching where he is skating and getting hurt. Especially from people that can't tell the difference between an incidental collision and a blindside hit targetted to the head.

oh yeah, almost forgot: 54865.png Mets

Rangers cuz, well do i really need to explain? 10222.png

I believe you do on the Rangers jersey. Classic sweater, team mired in mediocrity, yet the best team in the NHL. Plus the sweater has remained relatively the same since the 40s. Its just so amazing, and everyone should be honored to put on a Rangers jersey!

I believe you do on the Rangers jersey. Classic sweater, team mired in mediocrity, yet the best team in the NHL. Plus the sweater has remained relatively the same since the 40s. Its just so amazing, and everyone should be honored to put on a Rangers jersey!

Of course! Especially this one! http://penshead.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/RangersSuck.jpg

I would never wear a David Steckel Caps Winter Classic jersey because I don't want to be blamed for some yinzer not watching where he is skating and getting hurt. Especially from people that can't tell the difference between an incidental collision and a blindside hit targetted to the head.

ehh, you can argue the intent, but as far as blindside goes, thats as clear cut as it gets.

As far as jerseys I wouldn't wear, I think right now mooterus gets my vote :D

as a player i guess you would be honored since they are original 6, but remember, im a thrashers fan... kinda hate those guys....