Jersey You Wouldn't Be Caught Dead Wearing

Mach_9

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sens (don't like their current look), The Leaves (even though I love the look of the jerseys I think all my fellow Buffalo fans would kill me), The Rangers/Islanders/Devils (despite me living in NYC I hate all the teams here for various reasons), The Thrashers (what is up with that 1 arm navy blue thing- ugly jersey) and The Dallas Stars (1999 anyone?).

I don't think I could ever wear a Predators Alternate jersey. That color is just so nauseating.

I second that!

I have to say I like the concept of the jersey but I agree, the color is a little off-putting. Oh well, this point is moot since not alts next year...

Any Red Wings jersey just because its Detroit. The only team in the league I don't care for.

Well the one good thing about those Nashville thirds is if you wear it to a game, you won't have to worry about mustard stains since they'll just blend right in!

• 3 years later...

I'm the same way. I won't base my wearing of a jersey on its look but what team it is. I'll never own the following:

Islanders

Flyers

Penguins

Devils

Bruins

Canadiens

Ducks

No chance in hell of me ever purchasing or wearing one of those jerseys.

Sorry I was going through this thread and realized this needs to be shown to the world ;)

Nice find XC!!

I'm the same way. I won't base my wearing of a jersey on its look but what team it is. I'll never own the following:

Islanders

Flyers

Penguins

Devils

Bruins

Canadiens

Ducks

No chance in hell of me ever purchasing or wearing one of those jerseys.

hmmm looking at our boy Brilliant's collection I see:

Islanders (not yet)

Flyers

Flyerscirca19962bNikeauthentic-th.jpg

Penguins

uinscirca1997bStarterauthentic-th.jpg

Devils

eyDevilscirca2000bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

Bruins

ruins3rdcirca1992bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

Canadiens

diens3rdcirca1991bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

Ducks

htyDuckscirca2003bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

laugh2.giflaugh2.giflaugh2.gif

Nice find XC!!

hmmm looking at our boy Brilliant's collection I see:

Islanders (not yet)

Flyers

Flyerscirca19962bNikeauthentic-th.jpg

Penguins

uinscirca1997bStarterauthentic-th.jpg

Devils

eyDevilscirca2000bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

Bruins

ruins3rdcirca1992bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

Canadiens

diens3rdcirca1991bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

Ducks

htyDuckscirca2003bCCMauthentic-th.jpg

laugh2.giflaugh2.giflaugh2.gif

I'd love to rid you of that awful Canadiens jersey! :D

Honestly I will say NO jersey is off limits for me. If its valuable and I like it I WILL try to find a way to get it. Hence why I bought a Devils jersey this year. I had a feeling it would be valuable down the road, and 2 weeks later a Detroit TBTC authentic showed up at my door :)

Honestly I will say NO jersey is off limits for me. If its valuable and I like it I WILL try to find a way to get it. Hence why I bought a Devils jersey this year. I had a feeling it would be valuable down the road, and 2 weeks later a Detroit TBTC authentic showed up at my door :)

And just to hammer in my point I wore the Devils jersey around campus for one day. I'm friends with a few hockey fans who know my Ranger-love and they all approached me and said WTF man? I told them when you hold a Devils pre-season gamer clearly recycled from the early 80s to the early 90s in your hands and realize it does have hockey history and significance you will probably honor it once before shipping it off to another guy who's getting you a better jersey in a trade. They were all like whatever man its still the devils...

Those n00bs :lol:

For me, for sure I will never have:

Penguins

Flyers

Rangers

Leafs

Oilers

ANY Anders Eriksson jersey

You'll never see me own/wear the following.

Stars jerseys.

Caps jerseys.

Team USA jerseys.

Once Ovy learns to drop them gloves and finish the job himself I may reconsider it. He's a great player but I think his mouth is going to inevitability write a check his Arse cant cash.

I can't stand guys like Ovy who run at the mouth and can't back it up without someone jumping in for them. IE: Ovy + Bradley vs Downie. :fight:

That's enough Flaming for now i thinks. :doh:

No one with any dignity would ever be caught dead wearing a jersey with a flightless landfowl as the logo.

I guess the 3 Stanley cup rings must be weighing them down.

I will never ever own an Islanders, Devils, or Flyers jersey. Way too much hatred for all of them.

Unless, of course, I picked one up on the cheap and resold it for a big profit! :D

I can remember reading somewhere that back in the '70's teams weren't required to put the names on the back of their jerseys unless they chose to. Most teams started to do it at home to help their fans recognize the players more.

Funny story to add to that too. Once the league instituted the rule that all teams have to have names on the back, home and away, the only team that disputed it was the Leafs. So, out of spite the Leafs put white letters on their white jerseys and blue letters on their blue jerseys just to ###### off the league. Eventually, though, they put the names on like everyone else.

I can add to this - the reason why the Leafs didn't want to do so is they argued that revenues from programs would be reduced. It was the 77-78 season where this was made mandatory.

MapleLeafsSpecial1.png

As for jerseys I wouldn't be caught dead wearing: Oilers (except for Gretzky) and Red Wings.

Edited by Timmy Hate