Sharks Black Armor jersey.

SquishyTomato

Hi there, my name is Dan!

I haven't bought a jersey since the KOHO/CCM Era, and I recently bought a Dany Heatley Sharks 3rd jersey, I'm very excited about my first purchase in years, it is a replica and I am getting actual stitching done on it.

My question is simple, does anyone here have a similiar black armor jersey that can give me a small preview of what I will be getting? any player is fine.

Also, I picked up a sharks 00-2007 Teal Jersey(home) and I've never seen one up close, anyone have this jersey in their collection? :P

Also any tips on how to remove the "Jock tag" from the new RbK replica.

Hi there, my name is Dan!

I haven't bought a jersey since the KOHO/CCM Era, and I recently bought a Dany Heatley Sharks 3rd jersey, I'm very excited about my first purchase in years, it is a replica and I am getting actual stitching done on it.

My question is simple, does anyone here have a similiar black armor jersey that can give me a small preview of what I will be getting? any player is fine.

Also, I picked up a sharks 00-2007 Teal Jersey(home) and I've never seen one up close, anyone have this jersey in their collection? :P

Also any tips on how to remove the "Jock tag" from the new RbK replica.

Hi Dan, welcome to the boards.

I don't have a black armor jersey, so I can't help you with that one. I do however have the 2000-2007 teal jersey in my collection and I think you'll love it. I first saw one up close in 2007 and I fell in love with it instantly. Its a sharp looking jersey and I wish the Sharks were still wearing that particular set. Here's a link to my jersey.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh38/Zo...ys/DSCF2004.jpg

As for removing the jock tag, use a seam ripper (you can usually pick those up for around a dollar) and work on the front of the tag. I usually did one-two stitches at a time and it took me around 20 minutes. The patch removes rather easily and there is no adhesive on the back of it. You may see where the tag was attached, but it comes out after a washing.

Thank you for such a quick reply, I can't believe that teal jersey is BEAUTIFUL... What size is that? Also I loved those jerseys, I was going to buy one back in 2004 but I never got around to it, when I saw they removed them for the new ones I was frustrated at myself, I like the new ones, but not as much as the KOHO/CCM era jerseys.

I also plan on getting Nolan put on it.. or maybe Ricci.

Thanks for the info!

Thank you for such a quick reply, I can't believe that teal jersey is BEAUTIFUL... What size is that? Also I loved those jerseys, I was going to buy one back in 2004 but I never got around to it, when I saw they removed them for the new ones I was frustrated at myself, I like the new ones, but not as much as the KOHO/CCM era jerseys.

I also plan on getting Nolan put on it.. or maybe Ricci.

Thanks for the info!

On my honeymoon, my wife and I stopped by the HP Pavillion in San Jose, where I saw the jersey in person for the first time and I fell in love with it. So I had to have it for my collection. Mine is a XXL. I would definitely recommend adding that one to your collection. I don't know if I'll ever fully warm up to the new Edge jersey. I personally preferred the Sharks with the teal and gray scheme.

I have an old 3rd jersey..

Here are the pictures

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2077811480104343728TYoWmP

I also have the teal jersey

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2781895450104343728iIaYxS

Why is it that some Sharks jerseys are shiney like this one too and some are not?

Was it just a 2000 thing?

It was more of a Nike thing.

I think they went away from the shiny fabric when the whole league went to CCM/Koho.

I believe it started with the Nike third jersey from 1997-98 where they used dazzle material for the shoulders/arms. It continued in 98-99 with Nike when that style became their regular. As shown in this thread, it stuck around for one year after Nike, 99-00 when CCM took over and they had the NHL 2000 patch. It appears from 2000-01 when CCM/Koho split duties, they kept the style but the dazzle was gone.

The college team I worked for switched to all dazzle jerseys for one season and although it looked cool, the players on the team hated it because it seemed to trap moisture more than the airknit or mesh jerseys.

uk_2003_10_wht_f_sm.jpguk_2003_10_wht_b_sm.jpg