That is my guess, but I would think he probably paid less then $700 as the auction was ended early.  Here is an idea of what that white sold for in the past (assuming it is the same jersey - it could be a different set) https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1996_97_Viktor_Kozlov_Sharks_Game_Worn_Jersey_Team_Letter-183-14.html

So, I would think that preseason would be worth more like $200-250. I don't think he is asking a ridiculous amount, but if you are interested, I would think you could get it cheaper.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I paid a bit more than I wanted for the jersey, but I don't have a Kozlov jersey nor a Sharks Ultrafil in my collection.

I don't believe the Sharks ever wore Ultrafil for any official NHL game, so having a legit (albeit pre-season) Sharks Ultrafil is a nice treat.

Thanks again for the help Spudrock512

8 minutes ago, slimcutta said:

2v2a2Se58xZ1VfS.jpg

If you give away all of the pictures from your next book for free, nobody's gonna buy it. ;) 

On 3/10/2021 at 4:00 PM, mfitz804 said:

If you give away all of the pictures from your next book for free, nobody's gonna buy it. ;) 

🤣😅🤣

I think this one looks right.  I could be a production run late in the season.  Or maybe one they made at the end of the year before the confirmation of the new style that came out the next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

When you think of great Devils captains, was any greater than good ol’ number 3?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174705401618

Edited by mfitz804
17 minutes ago, e30cabrio said:

Legit Adidas replica jersey. Not an on-ice authentic. (I know Adidas calls their retail replicas "authentic" and I will be a grumpy ol' ba$tard about it.)

Edited by Van67
1 hour ago, Van67 said:

Legit Adidas replica jersey. Not an on-ice authentic. (I know Adidas calls their retail replicas "authentic" and I will be a grumpy ol' ba$tard about it.)

As long as it's not a cheap Chinese knockoff and what I would have gotten if Adidas were still making them, I'm ok with it.

I missed the initial offering and have been looking for one for months. I sniped it before I went to sleep at 20.00 over opening and woke up to the surprise I won. 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Is a twill nameplate correct for this jersey or should it be an Ultrafil nameplate?  Please let me know and thanks for the help.

Clark 1Clark 2

Should be ultrafil.  The letter font is also wrong, so it’s a good excuse to just change out the nameplate.  😀

On 4/16/2021 at 2:14 PM, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

Thanks LAK74!  I was kind of hoping is was incorrect.  I'll change it out.

That back 7 should be replaced as well.  shouldn't have the angle cut on the right side.  Honestly your better off just taking everything off and getting a whole new kit for it.

Agreed.  Well, if we're going to go all out on the accuracy critique, the angle of the diagonal cut on the top of the back 1 is way off as well.

• 3 months later...

Hope everyone here is well- I’m looking for thoughts on this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-Mark-Messier-9-11-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-2001-Authentic-CCM-Koho-VTG-/174849573937?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I’m not well versed on these and 

I’m curious about the accuracy of the customization and manufacturers patches. Thanks!!

Edited by Cygnus X-1
1 hour ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Hope everyone here is well- I’m looking for thoughts on this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-Mark-Messier-9-11-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-2001-Authentic-CCM-Koho-VTG-/174849573937?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I’m not well versed on these and 

I’m curious about the accuracy of the customization and manufacturers patches. Thanks!!

Well, he just purchased it on eBay last week for half the price. Pretty sure the 9/11 ribbon is a reproduction. It also still has the incorrect Reebok patch NHL logo on the hem. It should have the embroidered NHL logo that Koho and CCM used. 

Here is the original listing of it. 

If you really want to make one of those, contact Brilliant. He can make it happen. 

Edited by thebiggoalie
23 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Well, he just purchased it on eBay last week for half the price. Pretty sure the 9/11 ribbon is a reproduction. It also still has the incorrect Reebok patch NHL logo on the hem. It should have the embroidered NHL logo that Koho and CCM used. 

Here is the original listing of it. 

If you really want to make one of those, contact Brilliant. He can make it happen. 

Awesome- thanks for the info. 

On 7/21/2021 at 9:13 AM, thebiggoalie said:

Shouldn’t it have the Koho back patch? I thought that’s who made the blue jerseys that season. 

2 hours ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Shouldn’t it have the Koho back patch? I thought that’s who made the blue jerseys that season. 

You are correct about about Koho but it seems the jerseys for the 9/11 game were CCM. I dont know the reason why though.

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/messier-9-11-jersey-espinozas-triple-crown-vest-auction/

http://www.shafrancollectibles.com/shop/new-items/andreas-johansson-october-7-2001-game-used-new-york-jersey-worn-for-the-1st-msg-game-after-911/

2 hours ago, Cygnus X-1 said:

Nope. Those blue jerseys in that particular game had the CCM tag. 

31 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

Nope. Those blue jerseys in that particular game had the CCM tag. 

But the rest of the season the blues were Koho?