It is good or not?

lafountain

Ok, Kings must pretty well always be without nameplates.  We let LAK74 confirm, but my guess is star-knit.  I've got 2 of these and they maybe look more like airknit but it seems more like a solid non-perforated material like ultrafil is. 

Thanks for your input fellas!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starter used to supply namebars with jerseys back in the day. The fabric was unique to Starter making it difficult for companies to customize them correctly. It was nice that they included the material but obviously makes for a b**ch to customize them now. If I buy a starter jersey today I only do so if it comes with the name bar, is already correctly customized, or I’m okay leaving it blank 

22 minutes ago, mdwsta4 said:

Starter used to supply namebars with jerseys back in the day. The fabric was unique to Starter making it difficult for companies to customize them correctly. It was nice that they included the material but obviously makes for a b**ch to customize them now. If I buy a starter jersey today I only do so if it comes with the name bar, is already correctly customized, or I’m okay leaving it blank 

Makes good sense, I've been pretty lucky with the 3 Starters I own.  One is a Canadiens and so it's ultrafil, another one came with the nameplate material and this most recent one I picked up is a Kings so that's why I was asking about whether or not they used nameplates. Seems I sorta lucked out in that you don't need the matching material since they never used nameplates.  But I agree with your line of thinking on Starters in general.

14 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Per my other question, on nhluniforms it doesn't look like the kings use nameplates in 97-98... or maybe ever since I know my 2003 doesn't use a nameplate either.

Late to the party here, but Kings jerseys did not use nameplates in 97/98.  The only Kings jerseys in 2003 that used nameplates were the vintage purple and gold ones.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:57 PM, mdwsta4 said:

And now I'm very relieved that the only Starter that I have is a Rangers and won't need a nameplate.

I can tell you already this one is NOT real good... apparently the Stars had a jersey game ready for 16 year old undrafted phenom Val Nichushkin in 2011-12.  Even has meigray tags!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Stars-authentic-game-issued-jersey-Val-Nichushkin-meigray/323968891657?hash=item4b6e0cfb09:g:eqEAAOSwgm5dv2N4

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

I can tell you already this one is NOT real good... apparently the Stars had a jersey game ready for 16 year old undrafted phenom Val Nichushkin in 2011-12.  Even has meigray tags!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dallas-Stars-authentic-game-issued-jersey-Val-Nichushkin-meigray/323968891657?hash=item4b6e0cfb09:g:eqEAAOSwgm5dv2N4

Nevermind the 20th Anniversary patch worn in 2012-13... but the MeiGray tag says worn in 2011-12. I'm in the kind of mood tonight where I decided to ask some questions to the seller. Wonder if I get a response lol. 

7 minutes ago, Van67 said:

Nevermind the 20th Anniversary patch worn in 2012-13... but the MeiGray tag says worn in 2011-12. I'm in the kind of mood tonight where I decided to ask some questions to the seller. Wonder if I get a response lol. 

Oh yeah the patch too.  LOL, I thought about asking him a question or two as well.  Keep us posted please.

I think I got duped. I know edges in and out. Bought this Starter blank Liberty Mesh. Came in a plastic Starter bag  That had some Chinese Indonesia writing new with hang tags on the neck. Has Asian writing in the fabric care tag. Crest looks great fight strap is a starter. It’s the cleanest fake as far and sewing I’ve ever seen

7BA90C3A-D6CE-4D65-81FE-944FD5BDE744.jpeg

AE51D934-DFD6-4095-8731-358C8BA00BA1.jpeg

F7838B8D-B0E8-4B44-861B-2E5D500EE9C5.jpeg

0C2A57F2-B698-4708-8919-14A1E5ABA743.jpeg

9A9296A9-5EFC-415C-A72E-2C1B3E2CE587.jpeg

Edited by AeroFishOne

Just now, spudrock512 said:

Looks good to me, I have never seen a fake jersey get the fight strap correct.  Could be a authentic retail that was just sent to Asia to sell?  Looks just like the one that I have.

Ok I’m worried as hell about the Chinese writing. If It’s fake, it’s immaculate compared to most. The sewing worked is better than some adidas if seen . This is the only mesh I own so I have nothing to compare it too.

On the wash tag it’s not Chinese, it’s Japanese.  It doesn’t look like a tag that belongs on the jersey.  It looks perfectly legit otherwise.

Edited by LAK74

15 hours ago, JJM4 said:

Oh yeah the patch too.  LOL, I thought about asking him a question or two as well.  Keep us posted please.

This is what I sent...

"I'm curious... the MeiGray tag says game WORN in 2011-12. You're advertising this jersey as a game issued jersey. The Stars wore the 20th anniversary patch in 2012-13, so how can this jersey be worn or issued for 2011-12? Valeri Nichushkin was drafted in 2013 and played his rookie season in 2013-14 when the Stars switched to their current green and white uniforms. Nichushkin never played for the Stars when this black jersey was their home uniform, so how could this be an issued jersey for him?"

...No response yet. I don't expect one lol.

23 minutes ago, Van67 said:

This is what I sent...

"I'm curious... the MeiGray tag says game WORN in 2011-12. You're advertising this jersey as a game issued jersey. The Stars wore the 20th anniversary patch in 2012-13, so how can this jersey be worn or issued for 2011-12? Valeri Nichushkin was drafted in 2013 and played his rookie season in 2013-14 when the Stars switched to their current green and white uniforms. Nichushkin never played for the Stars when this black jersey was their home uniform, so how could this be an issued jersey for him?"

...No response yet. I don't expect one lol.

For what it’s worth, I’ve bought stuff from him via Facebook in the past and he’s always been a stand-up guy.

Sometimes, sellers get jerseys from other collectors who don’t know what the hell they are doing, so don’t harass him too much if he doesn’t know the whole story. 

18 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve bought stuff from him via Facebook in the past and he’s always been a stand-up guy.

Sometimes, sellers get jerseys from other collectors who don’t know what the hell they are doing, so don’t harass him too much if he doesn’t know the whole story. 

This guy’s other items are 2.0’s, and supposedly game worns, all good quality stuff.  He’s no noob at this, so I don’t see any way he could not know that the jersey he’s selling is nothing other than a relettered preseason jersey.  He even has the MeiGray LOA, which is certainly not going to say “game-issued for Nichushkin,” so to claim it as such is just being rather dishonest, IMO.  It would be different if he had actually said “team-issued, lettered with Nichushkin.”

It's probably misleading, but I'm guaranteeing he means the jersey was game issued and then recustomized.

Again, slightly misleading but he probably doesn't realize.

13 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

This guy’s other items are 2.0’s, and supposedly game worns, all good quality stuff.  He’s no noob at this, so I don’t see any way he could not know that the jersey he’s selling is nothing other than a relettered preseason jersey.  He even has the MeiGray LOA, which is certainly not going to say “game-issued for Nichushkin,” so to claim it as such is just being rather dishonest, IMO.  It would be different if he had actually said “team-issued, lettered with Nichushkin.”

I’m not saying he and I are friends or anything. In fact, I don’t remember his actual name anymore since we last did a deal about two years ago. I’m just trying to give my actual experience with him as a seller. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good quality replica jersey.  I guess you could call it authentic but it's not the on-ice authentic jersey for the Canucks.