Jump to content

Recommended Posts

A team-issued early 2000’s jersey.  Might even have been game-issued for Lemieux, as they used to write on the size tag the number of the player for whom the jersey was going to be customized.  If so, it would be for 2001-02, based on the size tag and the fact that Lemieux took back the captaincy that season.

Edited by LAK74
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

A team-issued early 2000’s jersey.  Might even have been game-issued for Lemieux, as they used to write on the size tag the number of the player for whom the jersey was going to be customized.  If so, it would be for 2001-02, based on the size tag and the fact that Lemieux took back the captaincy that season.

The guy seems to have a bunch of obscure stuff. From a real gamer I found has the 66c in it and 6 is same person... Same printing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, the equipment manager would write the number on the tag.  Back in 2001/02, I don’t think the jerseys sported set tags, so if there is any wear on that jersey, there is even a possibility it could be game worn, but then the asking price would be very high.  But if it’s clean, I’d guess game-issued.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Yeah, the equipment manager would write the number on the tag.  Back in 2001/02, I don’t think the jerseys sported set tags, so if there is any wear on that jersey, there is even a possibility it could be game worn, but then the asking price would be very high.  But if it’s clean, I’d guess game-issued.  

Either way. Price is Right. Has this too I think I'll grab. And what about the Alfie?

FB_IMG_1515647872598.jpg

FB_IMG_1515647994212.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Alfredsson is legit, but it’s clearly not game-issued; it’s just a lettered authentic.  Alfredsson didn’t become captain until 1999-2000, and that jersey is a pre-1997 model.  The tagging and crest are wrong for 1999, and the lettering is somewhat off as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Sorry can't delete this bar... This just an authentic?  Any idea on going price?

FB_IMG_1515649553463.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like it could be an authentic, but I don’t know why it has the Reebok 6100 neck tag, since that jersey style wasn’t used during the Reebok 6100 years.  I’d need better resolution pictures to be more sure it’s not a fake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It looks like it could be an authentic, but I don’t know why it has the Reebok 6100 neck tag, since that jersey style wasn’t used during the Reebok 6100 years.

They were worn on several occasions during the 2006-07 season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I guess that explains it.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lapp3r30 said:

What do we got here?  Best picks I got. 

 

Assuming it's the one on eBay, the seller is showing pics of Byron's and J&J Distributing LOAs.  Those are legit companies, but I'd still be careful as that's a lot of money!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jsh139 said:

Assuming it's the one on eBay, the seller is showing pics of Byron's and J&J Distributing LOAs.  Those are legit companies, but I'd still be careful as that's a lot of money!

Theyre selling in my city. And the Yzerman and Lemieux are $150 cdn. Going to pick up right away. : )

15 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Sorry can't delete this bar... This just an authentic?  Any idea on going price?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, redwingsdownunder said:

Smart move, nice jerseys.

Especially if the Lemieux is a game issue. Probably sell the Steve Y. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Nike-Latvia-National-Team-Jersey-Hockey-Vintage-Olympic-Mens-RARE/122902302343?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908131621%26meid%3D1cbfadb23df44ef79cf595e723e272a3%26pid%3D100678%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D122902302343&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607&_trkparms=pageci%3A3150a563-f7fb-11e7-9d4b-74dbd180e981%7Cparentrq%3Aecfb70001600a86676be680cffdcab37%7Ciid%3A1

I can tell the jersey isn't fake, but wtf is with the buckle instead of the fight strap? The seller hasn't answered my question. Is this something the Latvian team did on their own or is this something completely f***ed up and the seller is trying to get a sale by saying the jersey was "made for game usage"?

Edited by Van67
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good. That's a first generation Swift jersey. They had those goofy buckles in lieu of the fight strap.

There are two downsides to this one though. First, it's a size 56...which in Swift is like a 44. Second, you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER find the correct plate material to match that. Unless you can find another pro jersey and cut it up for material.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I'm even considering a purchase.. not sure if the seller ships to Canada as it is (info says he does, description says no international) and as mentioned, no answer to messages. 

I do have a Denmark 56 from the same era (with a normal fight strap) and I'm shocked but I can pull it off lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Then you're a better (and smaller) man than I. That thing would be a bologna skin on me.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's back to my beer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I cheated with some pizza tonight. Hardest habit to break when trying to get back into shape is food lol

Turns out buddy with the Latvia jersey won't ship to Canada anyway... even though his item is listed with international shipping prices. Can't fix stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, silkeystev said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302601194587

Legit 1.0? 

I find it strange that it's customized with a player who had 1 GP for them, the year AFTER the Atlanta all star game

If that's the case about the player, it appears to be a team-issued jersey with either the player customized or the All Star patch incorrectly applied by the owner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not likely someone would customize the jersey with a player who only played one game in the NHL, and that doesn’t appear to be the number he used anyway in 2008/09.  More likely it’s a game-issued jersey for the 2007/08 preseason or even the regular 07/08 season, and it just never got used.  The player was drafted by Atlanta back in 2004, so he was in the Atlanta organization in 2007/08.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

It’s not likely someone would customize the jersey with a player who only played one game in the NHL, and that doesn’t appear to be the number he used anyway in 2008/09.  More likely it’s a game-issued jersey for the 2007/08 preseason or even the regular 07/08 season, and it just never got used.  The player was drafted by Atlanta back in 2004, so he was in the Atlanta organization in 2007/08.

Hmm, I got conflicting info on his number.

 

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/ATL/2009.html

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0017902009.html

But i hadnt considered that he could've played in the preseason, that would make sense though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like he wore #52 in the 2008/09 preseason:

https://www.gettyimages.com/license/82868274

And #38 in his only NHL game in 2009:

https://www.gettyimages.com/license/85827084

I would still think he wore #52 as a prospect sometime during the 2007/08 season, and that’s where the jersey came from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/01/2018 at 4:57 PM, Brilliant! said:

It's good. That's a first generation Swift jersey. They had those goofy buckles in lieu of the fight strap.

There are two downsides to this one though. First, it's a size 56...which in Swift is like a 44. Second, you will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER find the correct plate material to match that. Unless you can find another pro jersey and cut it up for material.

Well I got the seller to ship to me in Canada after some haggling... Two points that may be better suited for another thread...

1. Duly noted on the nameplate. I'll ask the usual places, but I could settle for the more recent Swift material if there is just no other option in the end.

2. Looking at photos of Latvia's 2006 Olympics, their names and numbers were clearly screened/heat pressed on and not sewn twill. Any idea how long this lasted and if anyone can customize this way?

Edited by Van67
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...