It is good or not?

lafountain

It matches the population report. Probably from last year's flash sale.

There were in fact a couple Volchenkov jerseys available on the flash sale. Not sure if that is one of them.

And with a reserve, the $10 opening bid is completely meaningless. Reserve could be $200.

Edited by mfitz804

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the same seller with the Devils Volchenkov had a big sale about 2-3 years ago of Devils replicas, authentics and a couple of gamers where he started them really cheap. A couple of the jerseys were fakes but the rest were real. I don't think he is a jersey collector, just a fan who likes jerseys as some of them were pretty improperly customized. Last time he did it I think he told me that it was due to needing $ fast, so perhaps he is in another financial bind again.

The one thing he didn't tell me was how filthy the jersey he sent me was. His pictures weren't the best, but when I got the jersey it had stains all around the wrist from food and other grime. I later sold it after washing it but just remember being a little grossed out by it. This is coming from a guy who wears gamers to games sometimes haha.

Most likely the Volchenkov is a flash sale jersey. The one thing a lot of them had in common was the wear was minimal at best. The Zidlicky I picked up had virtually no wear but at the price I paid I couldn't beat it.

Edited by Devilsguy

Even though I know it'll cost much more than $10, that's really tempting.

That being said, I feel like since my first jersey was a Blackhawks jersey and my first 2.0 was a Blackhawks jersey, my first gamer should be a Blackhawks jersey.

Decisions, decisions...

Cheapest Blackhawks gamers cost around $250-$300.

Cheapest Blackhawks gamers cost around $250-$300.

That's what I'm expecting.

Of course, the "my first gamer is a Blackhawks gamer" thing would be right out the window if the Gulls were doing a post-season sell-off of their jerseys like other teams do, since they're just down the road from me.

It's legit, but that's one HUGE jersey. I don't think late 90's Flyers jerseys tend to sell for that much; hopefully it will end at a reasonable price for you.

It's legit, but that's one HUGE jersey. I don't think late 90's Flyers jerseys tend to sell for that much; hopefully it will end at a reasonable price for you.

I'm not particular about sizing on authentics since the only authentics I wear are my Blackhawks. Other than that, I wear my replicas since that minimizes the risk of any damage occurring to any of my (more expensive) authentics.

Also, thanks for doing that, cowboys. I await your response to his response.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/San-Jose-SHARKS-Reebok-authentic-NHL-hockey-jersey-46-L-XL-Thornton-19-/172208023508?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=NzhIci%252B9DUAqW1V%252BxLnKXaVcpy8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The jersey has already been sold so ultimately this specific example doesn't matter, but I'm trying to help someone on Reddit get into the habit of collecting authentics. If this is fake, what are the easiest things about it to spot? I'm still not good at spotting less-than-obvious fakes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/San-Jose-SHARKS-Reebok-authentic-NHL-hockey-jersey-46-L-XL-Thornton-19-/172208023508?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=NzhIci+9DUAqW1V+xLnKXaVcpy8=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

The jersey has already been sold so ultimately this specific example doesn't matter, but I'm trying to help someone on Reddit get into the habit of collecting authentics. If this is fake, what are the easiest things about it to spot? I'm still not good at spotting less-than-obvious fakes.

That's legit

Here's one that may stump some people...What the heck is this? Never seen this jersey before. Not the typical NHLPA lockout jerseys I've seen before. Was this used? Is it customized correctly? Is it really worth that much?

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/282049791107

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

Looking for some help on this one. Was wondering if John Tavares wore this style of jersey.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/252369227747

I've been searching, but can't find a single photo of John wearing a red Reebok 6100 without a neck tie string.

There's a matching white version of the exact same jersey without the neck string. It's a game worn example.

6553_2006_07_john_tav_zpsqwwhox9v.jpg

I'm assuming he wore it, but I can't find a single reference.

Any help would be great.

Thanks guys.

Based on my research (I.e. Bored googling):

In 2005-06, his first year, they wore the "GM" throwbacks in place of the red jersey.

In 2007-08, they switched to the new logo and neck string.

That leaves 2006-07, which is the white one you posted. His red gamer sold on GWAuctions was CCM branded.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2006_07_John_Tavares_Oshawa_Generals_Game_Worn_Jersesy_Record_Breaking_72_Goal_Season_Last_Ever_Game_at_the_Oshawa_Civic_Auditorium_Team_Letter-1435-41.html

I didn't find any pictures of him wearing that style in anything other than a CCM branded jersey.

I know you asked for help, and I know I didn't provide any!!

Based on my research (I.e. Bored googling):

In 2005-06, his first year, they wore the "GM" throwbacks in place of the red jersey.

In 2007-08, they switched to the new logo and neck string.

That leaves 2006-07, which is the white one you posted. His red gamer sold on GWAuctions was CCM branded.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/2006_07_John_Tavares_Oshawa_Generals_Game_Worn_Jersesy_Record_Breaking_72_Goal_Season_Last_Ever_Game_at_the_Oshawa_Civic_Auditorium_Team_Letter-1435-41.html

I didn't find any pictures of him wearing that style in anything other than a CCM branded jersey.

I know you asked for help, and I know I didn't provide any!!

I appreciate the effort buddy. I may end up buying it anyways. He must have wore it if there's a white game worn jersey of the exact same style.

I appreciate the effort buddy. I may end up buying it anyways. He must have wore it if there's a white game worn jersey of the exact same style.

unless the manufacturers of home and road were different that season, you would be correct.

unless the manufacturers of home and road were different that season, you would be correct.

I'm beginning to think these were made but never used. There isn't a photo of anyone wearing this jersey anywhere. Bummer.