It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that got ugly quick, right there at the end. lol

Did you get it?

Yes...but barely. It went for way more than I anticipated. Ah well.

Hope it will be worth the risk in the end...you just don't see these around much.

That jersey deserves to be done correctly.

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

Nice!! Good luck with it. Hopefully it works out for ya.

Send an email to Keener. :thumbsup:

Will do...just have to see if he was bullsh*tting me about the glue first ?

Well that got ugly quick, right there at the end. lol

Holy s***, I guess it did. Edited by JoeM7392

Jersey is legit

I have a similar shirt where the neck tags are like that

The size tags also had additional size info. Not sure specifically what the 7 means but it is not a set number. It has to do with the alterations to the shirt.

For example, if you see an SS after the size, it means the sleeves have been shortened.

See here for reference

I use his site as a reference for my Avs stuff

http://www.eddieolson.com/eddiesjerseyroom.com/9697.html

Edited by HockeyMusic

Any Blues jersey experts here?

I'll post some pictures later on, but I've got a Blues jersey that I've been perplexed by for a while.

It is one of the 90's Gretzky era CCM air knit authentic Blues jerseys. At first glance, the construction, fight strap, material, etc all seems consistent with CCM authentic jerseys. But there are two big things that are really throwing me off.

One, the logo on the front is stacked twill and doesn't have the yellow layer that chips away. It is just stacked twill all the way through. The embroidered St. Louis also isn't a separate rectangle.

The tagging in the neck is consistent with other Blues jerseys I've seen from that era (CCM white tag+small size tag) but there is no NHL centre ice tag. Although, this could possibly be explained by it simply falling off as they are known to sometimes do.

Lastly, there is no NHL shield beside the CCM logo on the tail. The embroidery on the tail looks the same as other CCM jerseys I have.

I understand it is a bit silly to post this without photos, so I'll get some, but it has been on my mind for a while. My leading theory is that someone, maybe even a hockey shop in the 90s might have made Blues jerseys out of much cheaper uncrested jerseys. Did CCM even making uncrested authentic versions of jerseys?

Nice!! Good luck with it. Hopefully it works out for ya.

Send an email to Keener. :thumbsup:

Well, I picked up the jersey today and I'm happy to report, no glue! Next step is to put the good ole' seam ripper to good use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNWT-Colorado-Avalanche-92-Landeskog-Dark-Blue-Alternate-Hockey-Jersey-XL-/301933535184?hash=item464ca41fd0:g:XmsAAOSwubRXFTVr

Is this a fake of a replica or what I can't work it out. Unless the seller can't describe a replica, but why would a replica have a fight strap.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BNWT-Colorado-Avalanche-92-Landeskog-Dark-Blue-Alternate-Hockey-Jersey-XL-/301933535184?hash=item464ca41fd0:g:XmsAAOSwubRXFTVr

Is this a fake of a replica or what I can't work it out. Unless the seller can't describe a replica, but why would a replica have a fight strap.

It's a Fake Edited by NuJerzeyDevil

Please forgive if this has already been covered, I did not find it from a quick search

The Baron sells game jerseys or retail authentic?

My question comes from the green line in the collar on this one, I thought game jerseys that were made in Canada had a black Reebok stripe in the collar and retail assembled in El Salvador were green??

(It has green line and made in Canada tag) :huh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301245950046?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=600288507233&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by Hockey Bob

The baron sells both, but the jersey in question is a retail authentic. Some of the specialty 2.0's like the Stadium Series or some All-Star jerseys (whether team-issued or retail) have the green stripe, but they are still legit Canadian-made 2.0's.

So some game worn or team issued have the green stripe?
Crazy.

I noticed that in the older versions the green strip actually said "Made in Indonesia" (My bad, sorry El Salvador)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-Authentic-NHL-Center-ICE-Reebok-Jersey-Sz-54-New-/291745472161?hash=item43ed629ea1:g:gh4AAOSwo6lWOTNh

The Hawks Stadium Series is just green / does not say Indo.

So that SS is just a retail or the team issue were the same?

Thanks for your help

My 2014 Hawks SS (from JB) has the green tape, a retail neck tag, and a sandwich fight strap. Gamer pics I've seen have green tape, no retail neck tag, and I assume they have a sandwich fight strap. As a one-off design, I imagine they did one factory run, all the same, then added the retail neck tags to the ones for sale.

All the Indonesian-made "authentics" have a green band, even to this day. Most Canadian-made authentics have a dark collar band, but the few models that feature the green band have them whether they are team-issued/gameworn or retail. The Hawks SS is a retail version, but it's exactly the same as the team-issue except for the presence of the Reebok neck tag.

Edited by LAK74

My Travis Zajac 2016 Devils retro night game worn jersey that I recently posted in the new arrivals thread has the neon green collar band.

It's mostly the specialty night/event jerseys are the ones that have them.