It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little confused by this...besides the TBTC, when did the Rangers ever use Ultrafil?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201514148564&alt=web

I'm a little confused by this...besides the TBTC, when did the Rangers ever use Ultrafil?

The TBTC was the only ultrafil they wore.

That is probably a prototype of some sort, and I was going to go for it.

Edited by thebiggoalie

The TBTC was the only ultrafil they wore.

That is probably a prototype of some sort, and I was going to go for it.

I'll leave it be...go for it man.

I'll leave it be...go for it man.

Oops, sorry I grabbed it. I didn't realize it was ultrafil I just assumed it was an early 89/90 jersey since it didn't have the NHL shield.

Not sure but probably not. Although I've bought a ton of patches from this seller. Everything I've bought has been very well done.

How does this Pens jersey look? Legit or no? Thanks again guys for all your help!

Yes. Legit 1.0. However, the Pens only wore 2.0 versions of that jersey, even in the 2008 Winter Classic.

Awesome thanks! It is so odd to me that they never wore the 1.0 version on ice, but they still made a 1.0 version of it.

The 1.0 period is a long story, but they were gone from the NHL practically before they hit the shelves for consumers. I believe the Penguins were the first to ditch them.

This guy has a few patches I've been looking for.

Can anyone chime in if they are any good?

Thanks

http://www.dorholtcustomsports.com/Devils10thAnniversarypatch.html

Unfortunately no, and I doubt one is going to pop up anytime soon. Been looking for a long time along with many other people.

How about that 100 cup anni patch?

Having looked closely at dozens and dozens of game-used patches, I can say that there are a good number of features on that patch style that vary somewhat from patch to patch, including the lines on the player's face, the amount of shadowed area on the face, the shape of the letters on the NHL shield, the spacing between the orange and silver concentric circles, etc. It's as if there were multiple batches made, possibly in different places at different times, but all were used on gamers during that season. So if you compare any 2 different game-used patches, there will most likely be a slight difference or two between them, which makes it difficult for us as collectors to have a standard reference patch to compare others to.

For these reasons, I can't say with 100% certainty if the patch pictured is definitely an original, but I can say that all the features on it are consistent with those on various game-used patches I have seen. In other words, I can't see anything on it that stands out as being "wrong," which has not been seen on at least some gamer patches. Personally, I would have no problem buying that patch and using it on an authentic jersey.