It is good or not?

lafountain

Yeah, I have an email out to them to see if they can do it. That old Flyers font is tricky (from reading that other thread) and if I'm going to pay top-dollar for customization, I want it to be spot on. I'd prefer to deal with Ruberti's (since I'm local), but if they can't do it, EPS would be my second choice. Does Philly Express do one-off customization or do they only deal with large orders?

Philly Express will do single orders, they just have to be submitted through the Skate Zones (I know the Northeast Skate Zone sends them there, not positive about others).

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philly Express will do single orders, they just have to be submitted through the Skate Zones (I know the Northeast Skate Zone sends them there, not positive about others).

Thanks!

So this jersey was intriguing to me, so I did some digging.

The Sabres wore the red third KOHO branded jerseys from 2000-01 to 2003-04. Briere was only captain during that span for the month of February 2004.

The Sabres had 7 homes games the month of February 2004. They wore black 3 times, red once, and 3 more games I can't confirm yet.

So, not sure if it would bother you or not, but it's possible that Briere only wore the C in that style for one game... But he had a hell of a game... 1 goal, 2 assists, and the goal was an OT GWG.

Ok, I can give you the final info on Briere with the red jersey now. I used a Meigray population report. He wore the red Koho jersey with the C three times in 2003-04 (2/13, 2/20, 2/27).

2/13 - 1 goal, 2 assists

2/20 - 1 goal, 2 assists (GWG in OT)

2/27 - no points

So 3 GP, 2 G, 4 A, 6 P

If you even care about stuff like this, haha.

Ok, I can give you the final info on Briere with the red jersey now. I used a Meigray population report. He wore the red Koho jersey with the C three times in 2003-04 (2/13, 2/20, 2/27).

2/13 - 1 goal, 2 assists

2/20 - 1 goal, 2 assists (GWG in OT)

2/27 - no points

So 3 GP, 2 G, 4 A, 6 P

If you even care about stuff like this, haha.

Haha, thank you! Nice numbers indeed.

Noticed someone say it was a twill nameplate wich was a no no. How would I best solve that witout paying a fortune for it? I got a quote for shipping the jersey to Sweden, it was not cheap, but the full price is doable. But if the nameplate thing will cost lots, I don't know really..

Also, how does the customization look?

I'd say the customization looks really accurate (except for the nameplate material). If you want to see the exact gamer on which your jersey is based, it's right here:

http://www.caldercup2000.com/nhl.php

The alternate captain "A" and the captain's "C" were apparently switched in the middle of this set (#2), so the gamer ended up with the A in its final state.

I'd say the customization looks really accurate (except for the nameplate material). If you want to see the exact gamer on which your jersey is based, it's right here:

http://www.caldercup2000.com/nhl.php

The alternate captain "A" and the captain's "C" were apparently switched in the middle of this set (#2), so the gamer ended up with the A in its final state.

Thank you. Still trying to learn to spot accuracy on jerseys. So then the question that is left, how will I replace the nameplate with an accurate one? Do you know who did the customization job for Sabres back then?

Regarding your other question about the twill nameplate, if it doesn't bother you that the material does not match the back of the jersey, you can just leave it as is. But if you're a stickler for detail like most of us are, then you'll want to use the same nameplate material that was used on the gameworns. I don't know this for sure, but I would assume that the gamers used red airknit material just like the back of the jersey. If you want to duplicate this, you would have to first remove the nameplate from the jersey, then remove each letter from the nameplate, which is actually quite easy. You'll just have to hope that there isn't a sticky mess under the twill nameplate, because the original twill nameplate looks longer than the gamer nameplate, so the new airknit nameplate may not cover up the entire area formerly occupied by the twill nameplate. Then you need to get a piece of matching red airknit material and have the original letters sewn onto it. You can most likely reuse the original letters, since the bottom twill layer is black, and so you probably won't be able to see the small holes left by the removed thread. Then you just have the new nameplate sewn down, and your jersey now has a more accurate-looking nameplate. If you can find a customizing shop near you, all of this should be very easy for them to do. I have no idea what the cost for this would be in Sweden, but I would imagine that all this wouldn't cost more than around US$25 in North America. If you remove the nameplate and letters yourself, maybe it would cost even less than that.

CCM replicas during the 2000's had that gray/white neck tag, and the CCM logo was moved from the hem to under the back collar.

Yup that's the placement from 2000-01 season to 2003-04.

Edit: hmmm shouldn't it be Koho for the darks in that era? I know teams did CCM for whites and Koho for darks.

Edited by Devilsguy

Yup that's the placement from 2000-01 season to 2003-04.

Edit: hmmm shouldn't it be Koho for the darks in that era? I know teams did CCM for whites and Koho for darks.

For authentics, yes. Replicas didn't follow that rule though. You could have both CCM and koho dark replicas.

For authentics, yes. Replicas didn't follow that rule though. You could have both CCM and koho dark replicas.

Really? Never noticed that on the replicas. Also shows how long it's been since I have looked at the replicas that closely lol.

Is this any good? I know the jersey is legit, I'm just wondering about the customization

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272057566287?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

It looks off to me but I can't find anything to compare it to.

Thanks

Hockey Bob, on 03 Dec 2015 - 00:18, said:

Is this any good? I know the jersey is legit, I'm just wondering about the customization

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272057566287?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It looks off to me but I can't find anything to compare it to.

Thanks

I have the exact same jersey in my collection. Check out my pics on my flickr page as reference.

The C is a no no, Gilmour played one game when he was traded back to Toronto, was injured, and then retired. Obviously Sundin was the captain at that time so Gilmour did not wear the C.

I can't tell from the pics if the bottom layer of the numbers is white or glitter silver. It should be glitter silver. Other than that it looks pretty good. They even got the G right in Gilmour, most places don't do the G properly.

What's the deal with old O'Shea jerseys? I've seen a few that are Maska and O'Shea on the back. Some have looked pretty cheap, others I can't tell. I'm assuming just cheap retail models?

Not sure what jersey you are referring to but I know this about Oshea's - It was a sporting goods/hockey shop located in River Edge, NJ back in the 70's & 80's. I believe that it was owned by someone in the Gerry Cosby family (brother, brother in law or someone like that). I got my first Devils authentic CCM from that shop when I was in high school in the 80's. It was a white XMAS tree with Muller - I remember my mom wouldn't spring the extra $3 or $4 bucks for the captains C. Not sure but I believe that Cosby's did the customizing for anything you bought there.

Just read up about O'Shea's and never knew about them. Just saw some pics and looks like an awesome place.

Shame these old school hockey shops are just about completely dead. The only one I know off the top of my head within 20-30 miles of me in Somerset County, NJ is Hockey Haus in Bound Brook, NJ.

The back numbers on the original GI (he didn't play in the game) were nearly touching the shoulder stripe as well. The problem is that the numbers are too wide.

http://classicauctions.net/lotdetail.aspx?inventoryid=126249&seo=pavel_bure_s_1996_nhl_all_star_game_western_confer

Edited by LAK74

Not sure what jersey you are referring to but I know this about Oshea's - It was a sporting goods/hockey shop located in River Edge, NJ back in the 70's & 80's. I believe that it was owned by someone in the Gerry Cosby family (brother, brother in law or someone like that). I got my first Devils authentic CCM from that shop when I was in high school in the 80's. It was a white XMAS tree with Muller - I remember my mom wouldn't spring the extra $3 or $4 bucks for the captains C. Not sure but I believe that Cosby's did the customizing for anything you bought there.

Cool, I've seen them cross branded with Cosby, Maska and CCM. Love the history of the old jerseys.

The one that finally made me post was this one, but it's mostly because it's the first time I've seen it with Maska, and was wondering if they were just like a cheap retail brand like you see at Wal-Mart. It's the same with Cosby, I've seen them cross-branded on Sandow, CCM and Maska.

http://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/301640558017

Edited by EndOfAnEra

OK, experts, is this good? Obviously it's the CCM Vintage Series (or claims to be). What's the verdict? Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edmonton-Oilers-1980-Wayne-Gretzky-First-All-Star-Appearance-jersey-56-/131675485400?hash=item1ea87874d8:g:zcQAAOSwo0JWJttn

Fake. That seller sells a bunch of crap.

He most certainly does...

Thanks!