It is good or not?

lafountain

Thank you everyone for your help. Sorry for being a pain.

I think I've decided to go with the alternate Oilers home jerseys. I decided they aren't so bad. Plus, they're Edge. I already have a Premier jersey which is the Retro Home style. Even the 'Fake' I have coming in the mail is supposed to be that style. So I don't want too many that look almost identical. That ###### Fake still hasn't showed up in the mail yet and it was shipped within Canada. But I think I've found a good use for it... my mom might want it as a present even though it's fake. We'll see.

So, I think I'll buy one of these below. The question is which one is the best and most awesome deal?

Sadly most are in Size 58 or +. But I do think it should fit me alright... I'm pretty fat. I could use a bit of extra room even in Premier size XL.

So, which one?

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6118722&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6118743&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6118749&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4724849&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4724544&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

Hopefully they're all in good condition about the same.

If you fit in to an XL premier then even a 56 should be good in 2.0 Edge IMO...I think 58+ would be really big but edge styling is form fitting so even being oversized it wouldn't look horrible

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve Staios would be a good choice:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4724849&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

Beware, 58+ is VERY, VERY BIG. I think you would be disappointed if you got thst size. The one I was mistakenly shipped was a Corey Potter (Rangers). Must be a big boy.

As mentioned, they are Game Issued, so are in like brand-new condition.

Going mainly on assumption here, but they tag all the jerseys the same, with just the serial number being different. Then they keep track of the serial numbers when a jersey is actually used and that determines if it's actually Game Worn or Game Issued.

MeiGray is awesome when it comes to tracking the jerseys. Using the annual population reports you can determine when a jersey was worn based on the serial number. Makes it very easy to narrow things down when trying to photomatch and also makes it simple to verfiy authenticity of a jersey.

I wish we could get it written into the new CBA that all game worn jerseys must be cataloged by MeiGray. I am saddened that fewer and fewer teams use them.

StayFrosy, if you get one of those MeiGray GI's, I hope you enjoy it. I think those look pretty cool. You'll be getting a true authentic jersey, and the customization will be perfect.

Btw, I still think all those jerseys are 1.0's.

Also note the Oilers were 1.0s exclusively, so they are not nearly as wide as 2.0s. I dont know the difference but its probably 4 inches at least. I think a 54 1.0 is like 23" across and 2.0 27".

Meigray has the tags put in before the jersey is worn. So under some circumstance the player didnt use the jersey (injury, traded, scratched etc) which makes it only a game issue.

Ok, thanks everyone for your help. I think I'll order the Steve Staios one.

Remember... Oilers still use Edge 1.0. So hopefully the sizes are about the same. This one is size 56.

How come it looks like all game issued jerseys have a tag removed inside the collar? I'm talking about the big tag that says "Reebok Center Ice collection" and all that.

All jerseys used by players dont have those tags. Theyre taken out most likely because they are sort of annoying and not really necessary since it isnt a retail jersey. You'll also get a nice letter of authenticity when ordering from MeiGray too.

So will 56 still work for me even though these are 1.0's? Or should I go with a 58?

I do have pretty wide shoulders. This hot store clerk girl even commented on it in 2003 when I was like 17 and got my first jersey... an Oilers blank CCM Away replica. I still have it. Right now I only have 2 jerseys including that one.

So will 56 still work for me even though these are 1.0's? Or should I go with a 58?

I do have pretty wide shoulders. This hot store clerk girl even commented on it in 2003 when I was like 17 and got my first jersey... an Oilers blank CCM Away replica. I still have it. Right now I only have 2 jerseys including that one.

If you wear an XL premier than a 56 will work. I fit in an XL premier and I prefer a 52 or 54 in both Edge 1.0 and 2.0

The neck tags aren't taken out as much as they just aren't ever added when the jerseys are manufactured.

StayFrosy, a blank jersey like that is a Team Issue, one customized by the team for a specific player but not worn is Game Issue, and obviously if it's worn it's a Game Worn jersey.

Ok, Steve Staios bought and paid for ;-)

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.

I'm sure I'll like it. And once I get more jerseys, I probably won't wear it often to keep it in good condition for a long time.

Considering the market, after this I might just buy Premiers from now on. I'll probably buy from Meigray at least once more... but I never want to pay more than $350 for a jersey.

Now I just need a Canucks Away Jersey and a Habs Home jersey. Maybe Wings and Flyers eventually, I dunno. Starting next season come SCF I'll probably buy a jersey for each team I want to win out of the remaining two. I might also try to find an Oilers jersey in the white retro style. I'm not sure I need the blue retro since I already have the Ryan Smyth premier one. But that's my all time favorite jersey style, I guess, so who knows what will happen in the future.

Ok, Steve Staios bought and paid for ;-)

Thanks again for all your help, everyone.

I'm sure I'll like it. And once I get more jerseys, I probably won't wear it often to keep it in good condition for a long time.

Considering the market, after this I might just buy Premiers from now on. I'll probably buy from Meigray at least once more... but I never want to pay more than $350 for a jersey.

Now I just need a Canucks Away Jersey and a Habs Home jersey. Maybe Wings and Flyers eventually, I dunno. Starting next season come SCF I'll probably buy a jersey for each team I want to win out of the remaining two. I might also try to find an Oilers jersey in the white retro style. I'm not sure I need the blue retro since I already have the Ryan Smyth premier one. But that's my all time favorite jersey style, I guess, so who knows what will happen in the future.

This is what we all say in the beginning about paying xxx amount of dollars for jerseys and next thing you know you are out of storage space and are looking for the next deal

This is what we all say in the beginning about paying xxx amount of dollars for jerseys and next thing you know you are out of storage space and are looking for the next deal

Amen. Glad the community helped you out.

Why the hell does Mike Comrie wear a 58? What in the world, he's a midget!

Now StayFrosy (did you forget the t in Frosty or purposely omit it??), be aware the Meigray does have a summer sale every year and you can potentially get a good deal, as well, so I wouldn't rule them out yet.

Now StayFrosy (did you forget the t in Frosty or purposely omit it??), be aware the Meigray does have a summer sale every year and you can potentially get a good deal, as well, so I wouldn't rule them out yet.

When I registered on the HF boards I forget the T, then when I came here I just kept it like that so I won't get confused about accounts when I log in. I'll keep Meigray in mind for the summer sale. I did just buy the Steve Staios jersey, so it's not like I won't buy from them. I'll see... at this time I don't know if I need all my jerseys to be Edges. Premiers are ok, I think so far. Then again I've never owned a real Edge. There was an IndoEdge at the store I bought the Smyth Premier from, and I gotta be honest it didn't seem that different. I'll see for sure now.

I love Mr. Duff. I saw Mrs. Comrie-Duff at an Isles game once :thumbsup: *insert jokes here*

But seriously, I think he wore a 54 in the 2.0s (at least with the Isles)

My link

Got my Winter Classic Caps from Cardworld from deals and steals....hows the customization?

And sorry the pic is blurry took 3 pics of it

The 8, O, and H are all upside down :P

Ahhh, storage space. When I got my closet, it was so I'd have a place to keep all my jackets, hoodies, random button down shirts and a bunch of other random crap. Now all that's in it is my leather jacket and 5 suit bags full of jerseys. I think I have space for 1-2 more bags before I'm in trouble.

The 8, O, and H are all upside down :P

HAHAH I wanted to say that too :lol: