It is good or not?

lafountain

These are made by Reebok, but they are not Edge jerseys. They are made of air-knit material, and are generally called 6100 series jerseys. They are the jerseys Reebok made during their first 2 seasons in the NHL, just before they introduced the Edge. They do not have the same tapered cut as Edge jerseys, and they tend to be rather boxy-shaped with very baggy sleeves. They are the exact same jersey made by CCM and Koho from 2000-05, so if you didn't like the way CCM's felt, you probably won't like these either. A size 58 or even a 56 in this model is huge, and would fit larger than a size L or probably even an XL replica.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think I found some. and I might buy right away.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=2423414&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=2423417&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

QUESTIONS: Will a size 58 fit someone who wears a Premier XL? A CCM size large also fits alright. What about a size 56? Would that work?

Also, I guess these appear to be original Reebok issues (so 1.0?). I hate the way CCM feels on me... it feels itchy and heavy. Will these original Reebok issues feel better, or worse?

Thanks.

Those are both nice jerseys, nicely priced, but as LAK74 notes, they are pre-Edge.

Regarding the fit, the Premier XL is equivalent to a 54 or 56, with 56 being at the upper end of the scale. If you're about 6' tall and 200 pounds, a 56 wouldn't look bad; like your own jersey without the pads beneath. But it will be "roomy". A 58 is absolutely huge. These days it's quite rare to find pro jerseys in anything under a 56. Maybe in the AHL and a handfull of NHL players. These guys are big.

The reason you like the comfort of the Premier jersey is that it's made of a different polyester material; very soft. Stuff picks and snags like crazy. This is a "fans" fashion jersey. Wouldn't last a period of an NHL game, unless you're a player Tortorella's got riding the bench for failing to block a shot...or a turnover in the neutral zone. The AirKnit is a little rougher...more abrasive...slight sandpaper feel. Wear a T-shirt underneath.

I think the guys here are giving you good advice so you'll feel good with your eventual purchase. I had a Premier and I (really unknowingly) bought a fake. It brought me to the point that I really wanted a jersey that had been "touched" by the New York Rangers. I am so pleased with the REAL jerseys I eventually bought.

Spend wisely. Good luck.

I wear an XL premier and swim in a pre-Edge above 54, and an Edge above 56. I'm 6'2".

It was the same with football (soccer) shirts when Nike opened up a factory in Turkey. Any imperfections on the jersey, Nike would throw it out. Along comes someone looking in their trash, "Perfect! All I have to do is sew on a swoosh and then mass-produce it!" So they essentially 'threw away' blueprints.

I collect football shirts as well, and because of this.....it makes it quite difficult to spot out the fakes on eBay......

Why did Brandon refer me to JerseyExpress if they're Indo? I specifically said I don't want Indo.

It seems there's a lot of conflicting information on these boards... to be honest it really makes me question if I should care whether or not I'm wearing a fake ripoff jersey. As many people note, thousands of people are seen wearing fakes to games. So I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't WANT to wear fakes, but I'm just not seeing much continuity regarding the information about Jerseys.

As for Oilers "Retro" Jerseys... I'm talking about their CURRENT jerseys. Their current design is a nostalgia retro design. Same as my Smyth Premier jersey I posted pics of.

Let me start over. I feel like I may as well repost my entire question post I asked earlier.

Where can you find REAL AuthenticEdge jerseys, MADE IN CANADA?

This is ridiculous. It sounds like you can't trust any site that they aren't giving you an IndoEdge. Even worse, they say if they do customization for you, they won't give you a refund.

I'm VERY, VERY confused right now. Sorry if I sound rude. It sounds like I should just stick to buying Premiers at stores in my city, even if they're going to cost me $200+.

EDIT: I believe the current Oilers "Retro" jersey was also produced with the older vector logo. It's been around for a while.

I know I'm jumping back a little bit, but I wanted to help you out on Jersey Express. If you look at their descriptions for the 2011 Edge jerseys in the Clearance section, they are the same as the 2011-12 jersey descriptions. They didn't rewrite the descriptions like they should have for the 2012 jerseys, it's laziness on their part. So what was true for last year's jerseys is no longer true if you make the same claims about this year's jerseys (they are not made in Canada, they are not exactly the same as what is worn on the ice...although that is debatable about the 2011 versions and entirely not the point).

I think I read on here that someone in these forums asked them if the jerseys were indeed made in Canada, and they said the person they spoke with didn't have access to the jerseys to check and see where they were made. You can believe that if you like, but I tend to think they are trying to pull a fast one on people who don't know any better and pleading ignorance, which is a shame because Jersey Express did good work for me in the past.

If you do buy from Jersey Express, don't let them customize it so you can return it if you find the jersey was made in Indonesia...if it's made in Canada then have it done up with whoever you want.

To answer this question...Where can you find REAL AuthenticEdge jerseys, MADE IN CANADA?

You can't...we all came to this conclusion a while ago and have had more time to come to grips with it. We've found workarounds to circumvent it and we're trying to help you with them...but like you said it's not worth all the trouble for everyone.

The ones I linked on jersey express are Canadian made,just not the retro you want. View this link then follow along- http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/edmonton-oilers-jerseys

All the jerseys that say **NEW** 2012 Reebok EDGE Authentic are the Indo version.

All the jerseys that say 2010-2011 Rbk EDGE Authentic and cost $229 were made in Canada.

Im sure there is an online retailer who has the retro jersey you want, you just have to find their site and hope they have old stock. Theres some out there for sure. Just start searching.

It's too bad he hates that one. :P

I was going to recommend Hockeytron, because they had a huge selection of Edge 1.0's, but their entire line of authentics seems to have disappeared from their site. Bummer, they were local to me, too.

and here is $170 at River City (in Winnipeg)

https://www.rivercitysports.com/US/viewproducts-06.cfm?league=NHL&team=EDMONTON+OILERS&product=[[c]]Jerseys[[c]][[sc]]Pro[[sc]]&perPage=27&lastLeague=NHL&lastTeam=Edmonton+Oilers&lastProduct=&mode=&startAt=1

Not really in an Edge cut, compare the size 60 to an XL replica here, its almost identical except for an extra inch or two in the sleeves. Id say the 58 should match up about perfectly.

http://www.icejerseys.com/sizing_chart.html

Now in a 6100 jersey, a 58 is HUGE.

Not really in an Edge cut, compare the size 60 to an XL replica here, its almost identical except for an extra inch or two in the sleeves. Id say the 58 should match up about perfectly.

http://www.icejerseys.com/sizing_chart.html

Now in a 6100 jersey, a 58 is HUGE.

I was going by this:

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/jersey-sizingchart.html

Additionally, I was once sent a 58+ Edge, in error (admittedly a 58+, and not a 58). I could not believe how HUGE that jersey was. Imagined John Scott using something like that. Sent it back....

I can wear a 56 Edge without it looking utterly, ridiculously big on me. But that's my upper size limit (not expecting to put on more weight or get any taller). Fortunately still plenty of jerseys available in 56.

I collect football shirts as well, and because of this.....it makes it quite difficult to spot out the fakes on eBay......

Thankfully being Scottish and a life-long Celtic fan it's easy for me - hockey jerseys are a much newer addition for me and I still struggle with from time to time. I've got a nice little collection of hockey jerseys but bin bags full of fitba (football) shirts.

Had a look at the Tails guide, great for tracking the age but I'm still not 100%.

What's the deal if a jersey has CCM sewn into the tail along with the club's crest?

Par exemple...

20sg85e.jpg

CCM put the team crest there for a lot of their mid-90's replicas.

Sometimes they had the conference logo there instead of the team logo, as well.

Sometimes they had the conference logo there instead of the team logo, as well.

Yeah I've noticed that more with Starter / Pro Player replicas. I don't know what it is, but I always prefer CCM and Koho over them.

For a replica, as other mentioned it is legit to have either the team logo or conference logo on the hem. Those aren't in the tails guide, because that focuses on authentic jerseys.

For the most part fakes weren't as prevalent in the 90s and fakes of replicas have never really been prevalent so I'd say you're good.

Finally, many people consider the ProPlayer replicas to be some of the best quality replicas ever, with Starter being a close second since they had features like sewn crests/patches and double elbows. The CCM/Koho 550s are fine replicas, better than the RBK Premiers, but still not the same quality as the ProPlayers (in many people's opinion).

For a replica, as other mentioned it is legit to have either the team logo or conference logo on the hem. Those aren't in the tails guide, because that focuses on authentic jerseys.

For the most part fakes weren't as prevalent in the 90s and fakes of replicas have never really been prevalent so I'd say you're good.

Finally, many people consider the ProPlayer replicas to be some of the best quality replicas ever, with Starter being a close second since they had features like sewn crests/patches and double elbows. The CCM/Koho 550s are fine replicas, better than the RBK Premiers, but still not the same quality as the ProPlayers (in many people's opinion).

Right-oh, cheers man.

I think it's all down to personal taste. I just think that Koho and CCM jerseys sit and feel better, but each to his own!

Thank you everyone for your help. Sorry for being a pain.

I think I've decided to go with the alternate Oilers home jerseys. I decided they aren't so bad. Plus, they're Edge. I already have a Premier jersey which is the Retro Home style. Even the 'Fake' I have coming in the mail is supposed to be that style. So I don't want too many that look almost identical. That ###### Fake still hasn't showed up in the mail yet and it was shipped within Canada. But I think I've found a good use for it... my mom might want it as a present even though it's fake. We'll see.

So, I think I'll buy one of these below. The question is which one is the best and most awesome deal?

Sadly most are in Size 58 or +. But I do think it should fit me alright... I'm pretty fat. I could use a bit of extra room even in Premier size XL.

So, which one?

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6118722&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6118743&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6118749&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4724849&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4724544&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

Hopefully they're all in good condition about the same.

Well those are all game issued, so just go with which player you like the most really. They will all be brand new and really, all are great deals. They are jerseys that were made for the player but were never worn. The Hordichuk is very cool because it comes with 2, maybe 3 fight straps in it. Take a close look at the pics, awesome.