It is good or not?

lafountain

The player name letters are slightly off, especially the O and A, but no customizer seems to get it exactly right anyway. Numbers are on the thin side as well.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Locker Room is overpriced as mentioned earlier (but sell legit jerseys) and they also always seem to sell jersey fails constantly at ridiculous prices (Lundqvist Koho's and Messier White Liberty Replicas for $300 as examples).

Dude are you hearing what people are telling you here? Return your $230 replica and buy a reall on ice jersey that the team wears on ice for that price of replica or cheaper. Also stop saying that you're going to return a fake to the store where you purchased a real replica from those people are not stupid and they will notice it's fake and you will look like a fool. Just contact the eBay seller and tell him that he sold you a fake jersey and you want a refund. You spent over $300 on worthless stuff.

So Premiers are worthless now? ;)

People were telling me Premiers are just fine, better than fakes, if you cannot afford the Authentics.

And are you hearing me? I was saying that I am NOT going to ripoff a store by trying to return a fake one.

But... what's the deal? It looks like the Premier Oilers Smyth Jersey I bought did not come with any tags on the sleeve. What you see in the pictures I posted is exactly what I got, except for the receipt. There were no removable tags.

Are the Indonesian Jerseys no longer coming with tags attached to the sleeve? Come to think of it, I don't remember any of the jerseys they had in the store having tags attached.

I do feel kinda ripped off now...

If you buy an Authentic-Edge with fight strap made in Indonesia, is it still the same thing that players wear on ice?

If you buy an Authentic-Edge with fight strap made in Indonesia, is it still the same thing that players wear on ice?

Are the Indonesian Jerseys no longer coming with tags attached to the sleeve? Come to think of it, I don't remember any of the jerseys they had in the store having tags attached.

Indonesian-made Edge jerseys have never been the same as the on-ice jerseys. No NHL player has worn them on-ice; this is why most people here are annoyed that Reebok won't make the Canadian-made on-ice jerseys available for sale to the public.

As far as I know, all new Reebok jerseys for retail should have sleeve tags. Btw, for some reason I have never been able to see your photos of the Premier you posted.

So Premiers are worthless now? ;)

Premiers are not worthless. They're fine. But we were just pointing out that for $230 you can get an authentic which you will like a lot better than the premier. And the Indo-Edge jerseys are NOT the same thing the players wear on the ice. You might as well save your money and get a reasonably priced premier.

So, to summarize...

Fakes - do not buy under any circumstances, for any price - owning one is not something a legitimate fan or collector would do

Premier - nice jersey's for the price, but different cut and often different patches (screen printed or not chain stitched, etc.) - if you can't or don't want to spend $200+ for a jersey this is the way to go

Edge made in Indonesia - a new phenomenon this year that Rebook is trying to pass these off as authentic jerseys, but are NOT the same as the jerseys the players wear - don't buy, not worth the $$

True Authentic Edge - not as easy to find, but well worth the $200+ if you want to spend that - you can easily find one of these for your team for the same $$$ you spent on the premier

Then this is messed up... why didn't mine come with the sleeve tags?

Only thing I can think is that the store removes them once you buy it. Maybe to prevent returns. Then again, the receipt says they do accept returns if all tags are still attached. But I'm thinking I may remember the clerk removing something when I bought the jersey. I don't get it... I feel kinda pissed now.

But still, I don't remember seeing any jerseys with tags there. There was even one Indo-Edge jersey (blank) and I don't think it had tags either. I may be wrong, and perhaps the store removes and chucks the tags when you buy it. I don't know. :-(

The pics of my premier are here:

http://s16.postimage.org/itex0wt2b/101_4548.jpg

http://s9.postimage.org/sr229svh9/101_4551.jpg

http://s17.postimage.org/4x5rm9yy5/101_4553.jpg

http://s7.postimage.org/4m21l95qx/101_4555.jpg

As for Indo-Edge.... that's just messed up. This is just another reason why I'm not going to go the mile just to get real edge jerseys. Think again if I'll pay the price to get an Indo-Edge that isn't truly authentic. I'll keep meigray.com in mind though, but a lot of them seem very expensive and I can't find a lot of jerseys I'd actually want. Otherwise, I'll just buy the premiers and make sure I pay less from now on. It sucks, cause money isn't really the problem. It's the wild goose chase and work it takes to find the authentic edges. That's what makes it not worth the hunt for me.

PLEASE tell me what you think of my jersey not coming with any tags.

I would expect a new jersey purchased at a retail store to come with a set of tags attached to the jersey (probably at the sleeve hem) with a Dennison swiftacher nylon barb. You would take the jersey home, and if you planned to wear it, remove the tags and the barb and store them away somewhere. Casual purchasers might just toss them in the trash, after maybe having read through the content, or not.

What the clerk probably removed was an anti-theft capsule or chip that had been attached to the garment to set off an alarm in the event you had tried to leave the store without paying for the jersey.

Go back and see whether the other jerseys on the rack have tags on them.

True Authentic Edge - not as easy to find, but well worth the $200+ if you want to spend that - you can easily find one of these for your team for the same $$$ you spent on the premier

One nice thing about being an Oilers fan is that if you buy one of these Edge 1.0's you actually are getting the on-ice jersey, since the Oilers are the only team that still uses them exclusively. The rest of us know there's a difference between the retail jerseys we buy and what the players wear (2.0).

One nice thing about being an Oilers fan is that if you buy one of these Edge 1.0's you actually are getting the on-ice jersey, since the Oilers are the only team that still uses them exclusively. The rest of us know there's a difference between the retail jerseys we buy and what the players wear (2.0).

Edge 1.0's are the ones with the Reebok vector logo, right? Is that how you tell the difference?

And Edge 2.0's are with the plain simple "Reebok", logo. And IndoEdge's are the same, only they say "Made in Indonesia", instead of Canada. Am I correct?

But I think I've seen pics of Oilers players wearing the plain "Reebok" logo, NOT the vector logo. So I'm confused. Can anyone explain this in detail and how to tell the differences?

133534809_extra_large.jpg

My understanding that is a 2.0 right there. Please correct me.

Also, I'm still not sure what to think of my jersey not coming with removable sleeve tags. It may have came with them, but I don't really remember removing them. If I did that, I'm sure I would have saved them. I just hope I don't have a returned jersey that some douchebag was already wearing and decided to return it. If that's the case, this one easily could have been washed already. No way to tell really. And I overpaid, as it is.

Edited by StayFrosy

I'd really recommend you read the first few pages of the Edge 2.0 thread, it's all explained there. The Reebok wordmark only means the jersey is a 2011/12 model, that is all. Every Reebok 2011/12 jersey has this wordmark, whether it's a Premier, Indo-Edge, 1.0 or 2.0. There are far more differences between these models than just the logo.

My understanding that is a 2.0 right there.

No, that is a 1.0, but a 2011/12 version of it.

So no one thinks it's a big deal it appears I didn't get sleeve tags with my jersey?

I would expect a new jersey purchased at a retail store to come with a set of tags attached to the jersey (probably at the sleeve hem) with a Dennison swiftacher nylon barb. You would take the jersey home, and if you planned to wear it, remove the tags and the barb and store them away somewhere. Casual purchasers might just toss them in the trash, after maybe having read through the content, or not.

What the clerk probably removed was an anti-theft capsule or chip that had been attached to the garment to set off an alarm in the event you had tried to leave the store without paying for the jersey.

Go back and see whether the other jerseys on the rack have tags on them.

Like what Brian said a couple posts above, the best you can do is to go back and see if other jerseys in the store have retail tags as well. We don't know the extent of your case and if you don't have the paper tags on your jersey right now and you didn't take them off yourself, then you need to backtrack yourself and investigate. It is definitely rare that your jersey doesn't have the paper tags when you bought it from the store, but knowing that it isn't the thickest of paper, like any tag or even fabric it can rip and fall off.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if no one replied, perhaps it's because nobody knows why a particular store would remove the tags. The logical thing would be to ask the store where you got the jersey from.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if no one replied, perhaps it's because nobody knows why a particular store would remove the tags. The logical thing would be to ask the store where you got the jersey from.

But like, it doesn't sound like a big deal?

........... perhaps it did some with tags and and I just forgot. Earlier it also sounded like people aren't sure if the new IndoPremiers are coming with sleeve tags or not.

If the jersey is legit (and it looks that way from the photos) and you're planning to wear it, one assumes you would remove the tags anyway, so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but then again, I'm not you. :)

To answer your other question, I bought a 2011/12 youth size Premier for my son a few months ago, and it had all the tags.

Then again, even the fakes are supposed to come with "proper" tags usually, right?

So I guess whether or not it has tags is kinda a mute point.

Then again, even the fakes are supposed to come with "proper" tags usually, right?

So I guess whether or not it has tags is kinda a mute point.

Here ya go pal:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAROMIR-JAGR-68-PHILADELPHIA-FLYERS-PREMIER-HOCKEY-JERSEY-X-LARGE-NWT-/400292728270?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item5d334e4dce#ht_500wt_1202

They're supposed to come with tags. The tags themselves mean nothing unless you're looking to re-sell for a smidge more or return them. I'm not sure what you're exactly looking to do, but I'm going to give you some options:

-If you want to return the jersey, go back to the store. Bring your receipt, or proof of the purchase. If the others don't have tags, ask for a return. If they do, tell them yours doesn't and politely ask what they can do for you. They might be nice and give you your money back, might only offer you a swap, might tell you you're screwed. If you removed the tags, the burden is on you. Them coming without tags could mean the place simply removes them, it was return, or a factory error. No clue.

-If you want to keep the jersey, do so, ignore the price, enjoy the jersey and learn from it an move on. We've ALL overpaid at some point for something.

Look @ this awesome fake I just found. Even I could spot it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins-Reebok-Oilers-Jersey-New-With-Tags-Sz-50-L-/221026814839?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3376398b77

I just LOVE how fancy it is that the outer neck sleeve partially covers the NHL logo. :)

Look @ this awesome fake I just found. Even I could spot it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ryan-Nugent-Hopkins-Reebok-Oilers-Jersey-New-With-Tags-Sz-50-L-/221026814839?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3376398b77

I just LOVE how fancy it is that the outer neck sleeve partially covers the NHL logo. :)

The first picture gave the jersey away.

its just a replica, the real ones in the early 90s were made by tackla/reebok

(Meant to say '92) Isn't it a replica of the 1992 Euro-Hockey Tour 1992?

Stromberg1.JPG

Can you tell if it's a genuine replica or not? - Apologies, I keep saying 'authentic' when I mean 'genuine'. N00bz0rz...

IMO, the fact that Reebok moved to Indonesia just makes it THAT much easier for Asians to create knockoffs. It gives them much easier access to the materials and prototypes.