It is good or not?

lafountain

And what are the chances you could buy a real jersey and then return it to the store using a fake one?

Wait a minute, did you actually just suggest that you were going to buy an authentic and then try to return the fake for a full refund?

Not only is that incredibly dishonest AND illegal, but most stores are going to notice the incredible differences between the fake and the real.

It's not "good enough." It's garbage. The attitude that "fakes are good enough" is ruining the hobby. They're not good enough. They're easy to pick out in a crowd. Incredibly easy. If you can't afford an authentic, that's fine. I can't. So I buy replicas. Those are "good enough." Many players are even taking a stance now and refusing to sign the fakes (yea, they can tell just as easily as the rest of us).

But to suggest that you would rob a store and return your fake for a legitimate authentic... That's just wrong man.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to fake something like this but something seems off. They call it a premier but the pictures clearly show an authentic. What is throwing me off are the screenprinted shoulder patches sewn to the jersey. Don't authentics come with embroidered shoulder patches?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

(No one steal this from me!)

They don't call it a Premier, that's the name of the seller "Premier-Auction-House". :thumbsup:

The description they provide is for an authentic jersey and that matches the jersey pictured. As for the shoulder patches being screened - can't really tell from the picture but I would assume they'd be embroidered, but I know there are some differences between NHL and AHL jerseys.

Overall I have no concerns that the jersey is not authentic.

No reason to fake something like this but something seems off. They call it a premier but the pictures clearly show an authentic. What is throwing me off are the screenprinted shoulder patches sewn to the jersey. Don't authentics come with embroidered shoulder patches?

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

(No one steal this from me!)

I might jump on one of the 56's, that is a nice bargain!

I have a Portand Pirates jersey (07-08) and the patches are screenprinted as well, I think that's just how they did them. I also have a bunch of Grand Rapids jerseys that don't have patches, but the team added those after the fact (and it's a pain in the butt for me because I can't find the correct patches anywhere).

They don't call it a Premier, that's the name of the seller "Premier-Auction-House". :thumbsup:

The description they provide is for an authentic jersey and that matches the jersey pictured. As for the shoulder patches being screened - can't really tell from the picture but I would assume they'd be embroidered, but I know there are some differences between NHL and AHL jerseys.

Overall I have no concerns that the jersey is not authentic.

Actually they do call it a premier "The Texas Stars Premier Away Jersey from Reebok is made of high-quality polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation" but I don't know if they are saying it as in calling it a Reebok Premier or saying it's a Premier jersey playing of the seller. The patches look to be embroidered to me as well jersey is 100% authentic.

lol They are confusing with their name but...

The Texas Stars Premier Away Jersey from Reebok is made of high-quality polyester two-way stretch pique fabric and has solid mesh inserts for ventilation.

This officially licensed jersey is engineered to duplicate the on-ice team jersey.

The front crest is embroidered just like the authentic jersey and the single layer screen printed tackle twill shoulder patches are sewn directly to the jersey.

Well, I know where the Texas Stars get their jerseys lettered so I think I am going to jump on this deal and get it done up right. Thanks guys for your input.

Picked this Premiere up today at a Sports store. Just wanted to double check that it is indeed legit. I'm pretty paranoid now. As for the 'Fake'... it still hasn't arrived.

I think I over-paid for this one. It was $230. Blah.

You can see a small factory error on the NHL chest logo.

101_4548.jpg

101_4551.jpg

101_4553.jpg

101_4555.jpg

Yeah, if you can return it, you should. $230 is way too much for a premier jersey. Like Brandon said, you can get game issued jerseys for that price.

Yeah, if you can return it, you should. $230 is way too much for a premier jersey. Like Brandon said, you can get game issued jerseys for that price.

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying. But I note several factors here which justify the price -

- I am in Edmonton.

- Bought at West Edmonton Mall.

- This explains it. Even the Canucks jerseys were much cheaper than this. You can expect to pay high premiums here for this sort of thing, at such a big mall.

- Things like this are supposed to be cheaper in the States, where I assume most of you are.

I was going to go around to a few stores and check out other prices. But I was too tired. Sportscheck was right across from the store I bought mine from. In this sort of situation stores, at least in my city, keep their prices pretty close to their competitors, so why bother?

I'm done with the Internet in buying jerseys. I would buy from the NHL official sites, but Oilers are mostly sold out and only have Jerseys left which I don't want.

Can I assume that ALL premier jerseys on the Internet are real? I'd assume they are, because if fake Authentics are supposed to be so cheap to make, why would someone bother creating a fake Premier? You can create the Authentic for the same amount of money basically, but get way more money out of your scam than if it was a fake premier. Am I right?

What are some LEGIT Internet stores to buy REAL Jerseys from? Thanks. I might actually get into this hobby. Just gotta quit smoking and I'll reward myself by buying jerseys instead.

Yeah, I see what you guys are saying. But I note several factors here which justify the price -

- I am in Edmonton.

- Bought at West Edmonton Mall.

- This explains it. Even the Canucks jerseys were much cheaper than this. You can expect to pay high premiums here for this sort of thing, at such a big mall.

- Things like this are supposed to be cheaper in the States, where I assume most of you are.

I was going to go around to a few stores and check out other prices. But I was too tired. Sportscheck was right across from the store I bought mine from. In this sort of situation stores, at least in my city, keep their prices pretty close to their competitors, so why bother?

I'm done with the Internet in buying jerseys. I would buy from the NHL official sites, but Oilers are mostly sold out and only have Jerseys left which I don't want.

Can I assume that ALL premier jerseys on the Internet are real? I'd assume they are, because if fake Authentics are supposed to be so cheap to make, why would someone bother creating a fake Premier? You can create the Authentic for the same amount of money basically, but get way more money out of your scam than if it was a fake premier. Am I right?

What are some LEGIT Internet stores to buy REAL Jerseys from? Thanks. I might actually get into this hobby. Just gotta quit smoking and I'll reward myself by buying jerseys instead.

I understand that buying a jersey in the City/Province/State where the team plays will make the price higher. However, there are still legitimate retailers and online stores where they sell legitimate Premier and Authentic (whether it be EDGE 1.0; eg old stock, EDGE 2.0; eg the S.V.P sale or the newly released IndoEDGEs.) jerseys for reasonable prices for blanks and some even with name and numbers sewn on. I see some of the other jersey collectors who purchase a blank jersey to begin with and then find a crester later on to add a name and number for a lower price altogether. Considering right now you are looking/purchasing a Oilers jersey and like 28 other teams, they are currently in the off-season , I suggest that you take this time to look around for a better price/deal.

To answer your second question, a majority of Premier jerseys are real, however there are more and more fake Premiers on the market. Yes, they have the sewn on front jock tag, but they are fakes that can be spotted a mile away. We have the "Is It Good Or Not" thread for a reason and posting a link or some pictures for our help is welcomed so you know if you are purchasing a real or fake jersey.

A few legitimate retailers include our host company IceJerseys, SportChek, and JerseyCity.

I hope that answers your questions. Feel free to keep posting your questions.

Hehe... well maybe the high price I paid serves me right for suggesting to scam the store by taking back a fake jersey. That will just hurt your team, come to think of it. I guess I'm happy that the high price I paid today goes to help my team.

But... sadly I think such a scam could be pulled off at the store I went to. They barely seemed to know that there's such a thing as fakes. People in Edmonton aren't very educated on Internet stuff, usually. I'm one of the only people I know who buys stuff online.

I still think there's a small chance the one I having coming in the mail to me is real. Turns out this guy sold just around 20 jerseys, or less. It's slightly possible he did get some awesome retail deal on them. Doubtful, I know, but there is SOME hope. One of the weird things about this guy is that we exchanged a bunch of emails where I "educated" him on jerseys, and he never mentioned anything that he regrets selling his for such a low price. So yeah, I get it, but I won't lose hope.

Now that I do have *a* real jersey at least, if it turns out to be fake I might tell him the only way I'll keep it is if he gives me a severe discount. Always is possible that he himself was scammed into buying fakes. But that still begs the question why he didn't know to sell them for more if he thought they were real. A lot of coincidences would have to be in play for this jersey to be real, I know.

Thanks for the help. I'll check out the stores and maybe order from them from now. I just really wanted a jersey TODAY, so I did what I had to.

BTW - the new Reebok jerseys feel soooo much comfortable than the old CCM ones. Those things itch me like crazy.

An excellent suggestion. MeiGray are fantastic to work with, and in the case of the Oilers offer 38 pages of jerseys to choose from:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&oldParentID=&item_orderbydirection=ASC&item_orderby=si_price&ctl_nbr=2381&keys=&attrib_cnt=&attrib_search=&attrib_id_0=&attrib_value_0=&attrib_id_1=&attrib_value_1=&catLevel=1&catParentID=4532&scId=4532&pageNum=1&compareVal=&galleryview=1

There are quite a few under or around $200, and many of these are Game Issued which means they were prepared for game use, but not ever worn, so they are in mint condition. This is a feature I find attractive, though some here prefer the Gameworn with the holes, stick marks, and board burns. But with MeiGray you know you are getting a REAL, authentic jersey that was prepared by/for the team, and definitely not a fake or a replica. As much as you are spending on jerseys or have already spent, a few minutes on their website would be worth the time.

Hehe... well maybe the high price I paid serves me right for suggesting to scam the store by taking back a fake jersey. That will just hurt your team, come to think of it. I guess I'm happy that the high price I paid today goes to help my team.

But... sadly I think such a scam could be pulled off at the store I went to. They barely seemed to know that there's such a thing as fakes. People in Edmonton aren't very educated on Internet stuff, usually. I'm one of the only people I know who buys stuff online.

I still think there's a small chance the one I having coming in the mail to me is real. Turns out this guy sold just around 20 jerseys, or less. It's slightly possible he did get some awesome retail deal on them. Doubtful, I know, but there is SOME hope. One of the weird things about this guy is that we exchanged a bunch of emails where I "educated" him on jerseys, and he never mentioned anything that he regrets selling his for such a low price. So yeah, I get it, but I won't lose hope.

Now that I do have *a* real jersey at least, if it turns out to be fake I might tell him the only way I'll keep it is if he gives me a severe discount. Always is possible that he himself was scammed into buying fakes. But that still begs the question why he didn't know to sell them for more if he thought they were real. A lot of coincidences would have to be in play for this jersey to be real, I know.

Thanks for the help. I'll check out the stores and maybe order from them from now. I just really wanted a jersey TODAY, so I did what I had to.

BTW - the new Reebok jerseys feel soooo much comfortable than the old CCM ones. Those things itch me like crazy.

Dude are you hearing what people are telling you here? Return your $230 replica and buy a reall on ice jersey that the team wears on ice for that price of replica or cheaper. Also stop saying that you're going to return a fake to the store where you purchased a real replica from those people are not stupid and they will notice it's fake and you will look like a fool. Just contact the eBay seller and tell him that he sold you a fake jersey and you want a refund. You spent over $300 on worthless stuff.

I know I've posted this before, but I will outline the differences between NHL and AHL Reebok jerseys:

EDGE: All AHL Edge jerseys are made in Quebec with 1.0 or 2.0 material, models 7187/7287. These are identical to game-issued NHL Edge jerseys. There is no Indo-Edge AHL production, so all retail AHL Edge jerseys are Canadian-made, as the teams wear on ice, at least through the 2011-12 season.

PREMIER: NHL-Indonesian made, jock tag on front, shoulder patches painted and sewn on, mid-weight polyester material, Reebok logo on left sleeve and rear neck.

AHL-Canadian-made, no jock tag, shoulder patches screen printed and glued on, thin-weight polyester material, Reebok logo on rear neck and rear tail.

As for the Canadian Hockey League, they fall under the same guidelines as the AHL, no Indo-Edge, Canadian-made Premier jerseys with no jock tag and screen printed, glued shoulder patches. The have the Reebok logo and League (QMJHL, OHL, or WHL) on front.

Confused by this one.

Bought it to strip, but after paying for it I'm beginning to question its legitimacy for a few reasons:

- Brick never wore 43 (to my knowledge, at least)

- Missing the shield

- Lacks traditional Center Ice neck tag

- BUT it has the Custom Crafted imprint in the bottom left

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks all!

KGrHqJHJDE-lNe4wtkBPrGu7qt3w60_12.jpg

KGrHqNHJDcE-o13oUNBPrGvPIvwg60_12.jpg

KGrHqFHJCcE-ffTjhSNBPrGvIjfGw60_12.jpg

KGrHqVHJEIE-nNppeyvBPrGvBkmg60_12.jpg

Confused by this one.

Bought it to strip, but after paying for it I'm beginning to question its legitimacy for a few reasons:

- Brick never wore 43 (to my knowledge, at least)

- Missing the shield

- Lacks traditional Center Ice neck tag

- BUT it has the Custom Crafted imprint in the bottom left

If it's an '89-90 or recycled pre-season jersey it wouldn't have the NHL shield or center ice tagging. Custom Crafted did customize their jerseys around that time frame with the hem stamp. As far as the numbers, it's possible Brickley wore it for a very short period, if only 1 game or pre-season game.

Locker Room Sports is legit but his prices are completely ridiculous. That's a $150 jersey at most.