I did the BIN option on his flyers size 56 thinking the same thoughts, well let me reassure you they are legit and I am pleased to have done business with him. It's an fantastic jersey.

I looked at them, because they were posted earlier in STEALS & DEALS. They are fantastic jerseys. However, reality set in, and the sizes are to big for me :( I need at largest a 54 to fit me :(

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that from the 2001-2002 season, sans the patches? Are the patches available?

http://nhluniforms.com/Kings/Kings2001-02.html

If it doesn't have the patches, then it's from 2000-01. You can still find both patches, but the AM is harder to find.

Hey guys I just both the same year (2001/2002) but a Montreal Canadiens CCM 56 with tags, now I know the jersey is real but I paid $120 for it. I was wondering what do they go for because I couldn't find one on eBay?

Whats sluggalo?

That particular Buffalo logo was not very popular with most people, and was known (less than affectionately) as "the slug," so sluggalo is just the combination of "slug" and "Buffalo."

AKA Buffaslug.

That particular Buffalo logo was not very popular with most people, and was known (less than affectionately) as "the slug," so sluggalo is just the combination of "slug" and "Buffalo."

LOL just looked it up in wiki and I get it now.

To bad for me I bought this one.

"The new logo, a stylized bison, was widely reviled, drawing unfavorable comparisons to a banana slug."

Going to turn it in to a Pomminville, who does the Sabres work?

LOL I'm selling that, it's real.

I don't think he was saying the jersey is fake, just that the customization is off.

96roadb.jpg

I don't think he was saying the jersey is fake, just that the customization is off.

That's how I got it, I wanted to strip it but then got lazy and put it on eBay instead.

Hey guys,im a rookie and i just bought this jersey a week ago and wanted to know if its good or not. I appreciate any help, and sorry if the pics are to crappy to tell, if they are bad to where there's no way of telling me, let me know.

IMAG0480.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

Hey guys,im a rookie and i just bought this jersey a week ago and wanted to know if its good or not. I appreciate any help, and sorry if the pics are to crappy to tell, if they are bad to where there's no way of telling me, let me know.

Get your money back - or use it to clean your tires.

Alright fair enough, but what makes it not good?

You should use the search feature of this site. There's nothing wrong with asking questions but everything your asking about has been covered before in depth.

Start here http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showforum=39

I know what your talking about, and i read a lot of those, but i just don't see it, I just don't have the eye for it yet so that's why i figured id ask. Also i thought this thread was to ask if jerseys you had were nice or not. But i understand where your coming from

I know what your talking about, and i read a lot of those, but i just don't see it, I just don't have the eye for it yet so that's why i figured id ask. Also i thought this thread was to ask if jerseys you had were nice or not. But i understand where your coming from

Maybe go back and re-read this thread http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2412

The first page tells you exactly why your jersey is fake.

Going to turn it in to a Pomminville, who does the Sabres work?

I BELIEVE that would be Jersey Express in Buffalo. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure it's them. jerseyexpress.com

The NHL shield is wrong. The numbers are vinyl (plastic) when a real jersey would have tackle twill numbers and lettering (or felt in some instances, depending on the team/jersey. Caps aren't one of them) - The fight strap should be reinforced and sewn to a piece of twill, which yours isn't. Those are just a few of the things that make it fake. Look at the pictures in the "How to spot a fake jersey" thread and compare them to yours. You'll see the differences.

I'm pretty new to this myself, but I can tell you two things wrong with it right off the bat.

1.) That 8 looks really shiny...shiny numbers are usually a dead giveaway that a jersey's fake.

2.) The fight strap looks way too short/small. Fight straps on authentic jerseys are much longer.

Alright fair enough, but what makes it not good?

Easiest thing to spot is the fight strap and how it's attached to the jersey. Customization is thick and wrinkly-looking. Jersey front panel looks snakeskin-like in texture; the correct xtrafil material has a somewhat similar pattern but it's not as rough-looking. Real Edge stretch mesh material on back panel doesn't have the same hole pattern as the one in your jersey. Reebok Center Ice neck tag is not stitched down all the way around the tag on legit jerseys. There's a color-matched thread (should be red here) that should go across the top of the tag; on the bottom of the tag a short colored stitch attaches to the size tag, and there are two more very short stitches on the left and right bottom corners of the tag. There are subtle differences in the shape of the "C"s in the CCM logo and the "I" in Center Ice. NHL shield looks kind of cheap. There should be 2 stitches on the collar which connect to the triangle holding the NHL shield. More details would probably be apparent if you provided more extreme closeups of the stitching, Reebok vector logo, etc.

There's no substitute for owning legit jerseys and seeing these details close up for yourself. After you've seen enough of them you can just tell right away when something's fake.

EDIT: I didn't see the other posts while I was writing this, so sorry about the repeated information.

Ok, see these are things that even after reading that thread that i don't get. Also, not to ruffle any feathers but that thread on the last page says to post on this thread if you want opinions on a jersey wehther its fake, or just nice in general. Like i said im totally new to all this, and up until today when i registered i never really thought about caring if i had a fake jersey or not, but now i do and i want to know what to look for.

Ok, see these are things that even after reading that thread that i don't get. Also, not to ruffle any feathers but that thread on the last page says to post on this thread if you want opinions on a jersey wehther its fake, or just nice in general. Like i said im totally new to all this, and up until today when i registered i never really thought about caring if i had a fake jersey or not, but now i do and i want to know what to look for.

We have some crabby members sometimes lol, don't worry about it. It's hard to tell at first even when looking right at the info. Start here, it's the easiest: if the numbers are reflective and puffy, it's 99% a fake. You'll learn other details as you progress. I've been doing this for years and still need help from time to time, don't worry about it.

Rookie, the easiest way to figure out authentic Caps jerseys is by looking at the front crest position. Genuine jerseys will have the top of the "t" in the front crest almost even with the bottom of the V-neck collar. Fakes have a much lower front crest like the one you have. Also, the white border on the Weagle shoulder patches should be thin. They actually have a thick red outer border. Fakes show a thick white border.

ovie_54_front.jpg