name plate customization

HawksFan719

sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I searched and didn't see anything.

I have some jerseys that are either missing a nameplate when there should be one or have the wrong font, but have the correct numbers. I'm trying to find a place that will redo just the nameplate and do it accurately and relatively affordably. I emailed IJ and they quoted me $50, which doesn't seem right at all considering customization for an entire jersey is what, $55-75? maybe that price included stripping or something, they were really vague about that and other questions I had.

any help is appreciated.

Hey, I've had the exact same experience very recently. I had taken a jersey to GM place which was the closest customizer to me at the time and needed only the nameplate to be added. I was very surprised to get quoted $89.95 plus tax ! I profusely expressed my opinions, especially considering that was the same price for customizing a whole jersey. The explanation I received was, it cost them more money to ship my jersey back and forth to the customizer then they would make if it was any cheaper then that, which I responded with, the added weight of my one jersey does not increase shipping cost for them, as they ship a large volume of jerseys at one time at a flat rate. This lead to them getting a manager and after speaking to her, the official response was it is not profitable enough for a company to customize individual sections (IE: arms/back/nameplate) considering the time and effort to do it, plus the cost of paying a % to the customizer. Basically what I had to do was pay the $90.00 and then get the rest of the kit (which i didn't need) sent along with my jersey loose. The best price I could find for doing just the nameplate was $49.95 and it didn't include shipping which was in the US. It really sucks, but if you want it bad enough I would either bite the bullet and pay $50 at IJ and have it done correctly or risk ebay for a sewn kit, and have it attached locally. Hopefully it saves you the long search trying to find a cheaper place, $50 is really the best i've come across after spending months looking.

sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I searched and didn't see anything.

I have some jerseys that are either missing a nameplate when there should be one or have the wrong font, but have the correct numbers. I'm trying to find a place that will redo just the nameplate and do it accurately and relatively affordably. I emailed IJ and they quoted me $50, which doesn't seem right at all considering customization for an entire jersey is what, $55-75? maybe that price included stripping or something, they were really vague about that and other questions I had.

any help is appreciated.

gamedaysportsarchives will do nameplates only. I've had a couple made for around $20 but make sure you check out his website for an example of what your looking for. Sometimes his stuff is a little off and I've had to send him pictures to make sure he matches it properly.

gamedaysportsarchives will do nameplates only. I've had a couple made for around $20 but make sure you check out his website for an example of what your looking for. Sometimes his stuff is a little off and I've had to send him pictures to make sure he matches it properly.

Yeah I've had my stuff done through him too (www.gamedaysportsarchives.com)

He is pretty spot on in my experience. I've brought him about 13 jerseys to customize and I've got 4 of them back with no complaints so far.

thanks,

Yeah I've had my stuff done through him too (www.gamedaysportsarchives.com)

He is pretty spot on in my experience. I've brought him about 13 jerseys to customize and I've got 4 of them back with no complaints so far.

thanks,

Yeah, I've had a bunch done through him and the only problem so far has been the Rangers kit I just got where the shadowing on the name was too thick. That being said he'll fix whatever your not happy with.

some of his international stuff is way off.

• Richter USA flag jersey is supposed to be triple layer numbers

• Czech flag jersey did not use the Nagano number font, used block like the Slovak and Russia samples.

• Czech Nagano jersey number font is incorrect and the names were block font

maybe I'm being too picky-