Buffalo Sabres Red Jerseys

lafontaine16

Hey guys, I'm new here but have been following the board for a couple weeks, neat stuff! I had a question regarding some jerseys that I have seen around at various Sabres games throughout the years. The Jersey in question is not the red third jersey with the crossed sabres and "Buffalo" across the torso, but rather it looks just like the black and white ones, only in red. Does anybody know something about these jerseys? Are they custom made or were they actually the Sabres thirds at one time? Thanks guys!

Hey guys, I'm new here but have been following the board for a couple weeks, neat stuff! I had a question regarding some jerseys that I have seen around at various Sabres games throughout the years. The Jersey in question is not the red third jersey with the crossed sabres and "Buffalo" across the torso, but rather it looks just like the black and white ones, only in red. Does anybody know something about these jerseys? Are they custom made or were they actually the Sabres thirds at one time? Thanks guys!

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the starter fashion jerseys that were floating around. I'm about 99 percent positive the jersey your Descrbing wasn't a game worn jersey.

Fashion jersey. Was never worn by the Sabres.

Ok thanks for the replies! Anyone know where I could find one? It's prolly no easy task haha

Yeah everyone else here is correct, the only red jersey the Sabres ever wore was the one with the two sabres crossed and "Buffalo" written at the bottom front hem. You could try ebay, they might carry it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching one of my Sabres DVDs and spotted the jersey I'm describing, kinda cool looking I always thought! Sorry 'bout the poor img quality, there must be some out there still...

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee56/19...g/sabresred.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm with everyone else. Doesn't sound like it was an actual jersey worn in games.

Yeah, I'm with everyone else. Doesn't sound like it was an actual jersey worn in games.

Hey man, I'm not trying to be rude, but are you just posting for the sake of posting? There are other ways to get involved than digging up old threads and saying nothing... There are a lot of active threads and I'm sure you can find ways to get involved that way. Or do you just want to build up a post count...

I know which jersey you are talking about. Hannuvirta is correct, it was a fashion jersey. The only place I've seen them is on EBay, so I think that would be your best bet. In fact, I remember seeing one of them on EBay within the last couple of months, so they do pop up from time-to-time. You may check Craigslist as well.

Hey man, I'm not trying to be rude, but are you just posting for the sake of posting? There are other ways to get involved than digging up old threads and saying nothing... There are a lot of active threads and I'm sure you can find ways to get involved that way. Or do you just want to build up a post count...

Just another one coming here and running up posts so he can start threads in the trading section. Exactly 15 minutes after the post on this thread did he start one. This must have been #25.

Just another one coming here and running up posts so he can start threads in the trading section. Exactly 15 minutes after the post on this thread did he start one. This must have been #25.

Guys, give the gentlemen break. Its up to the moderators to decide what is a quality post:

"Upon attaining 'Rookie' status at 25 qualified posts, and having also been a member of the IJBB for a minimum of 15 days, these members will be able to have full rights within the Trading Post, subject to the overall community rules, especially the following important point"

Thats taken directly from the Trading Rules. You know it wasnt that long ago that i was a new member. I had been looking at the board for a good year or so before i started posting. As soon as I hit 25 post, i posted in the trading forum trying to unload some jerseys i didnt need anymore. Heck most of that was trying to sell my jerseys so i could spend that money on jerseys that i saw on OTHER MEMBERS very own Jerseys. Now am at 150 plus post and checking the site continually on the phone and internet. If i had gotten a bunch of negative post at the beginning i probably would have said forget it and taking myself elsewhere. That might be well and good for some but i encourage any kind of post and especially new members. I would much rather have something nothing. I have come on here some days and only seen 5 or six new post and maybe more then half might now interest me at the moment. Somedays there's just not that much new going on. The majority of the post you see are redundant topics, but atleast it gives us something new to read and comment on. If you dont like it move on and take your time to another post. Id hate for one of the best jersey forums in the game to go dead. Thats why occasionally i try to put some discussionary topics rather then just the continual Ebay or It arrived today posts. Come'on guys i have seen senior members post less well thought out post then what alot of the newbys have.

This guy was searching for a jersey at the moment. Heck id, jump at the chance to help a fellow jersey enthusiast in a heartbeat. You might be surprised, but he might have a jersey in the future that you need, you never know. If your concerned about it, contact a moderator, and refrain from posting if your not going to be of help, thats their job. I know im off the topic but Im getting tired of seeing potentiallly beneficial members to this community getting hounded about their post count by non-moderators. If there is a problem a moderator will address it. Personally, I would like to see a little more open arms and less closed doors. I didnt mean to turn this into a rant, feel free to delete it if you please, but it got me thinking on other topics as well. You can hate me or you can love me but this is my opinion and not meant in disrespect to xcdude or rabinsurance. Happy Holidays to everyone by the way, Truly mean it.

Too many people were coming here for the express purpose of posting their crap on the trading posts and contribute nothing else. Posting in that thread should be a privilege for members here, not some type of E-bay or Craig's list just for jerseys. So to run up meaningless posts on old threads doesn't contribute a thing. Period. That's why that rule was set up, and it's much too lax as to what it should be, IMO. When someone digs up old threads and then immediately starts a thread in the trading posts minutes after his 25th post, there's something a little fishy there. I'm sorry if some people can't see that.

Too many people were coming here for the express purpose of posting their crap on the trading posts and contribute nothing else. Posting in that thread should be a privilege for members here, not some type of E-bay or Craig's list just for jerseys. So to run up meaningless posts on old threads doesn't contribute a thing. Period. That's why that rule was set up, and it's much too lax as to what it should be, IMO. When someone digs up old threads and then immediately starts a thread in the trading posts minutes after his 25th post, there's something a little fishy there. I'm sorry if some people can't see that.

That's how I saw it.

CanesCop I will gladly recind my statement if he comes back here and becomes a regular member. It always is a little intimidating joining a new forum, and that's why I usually start a new thread saying welcome. (I believe I did here) It was just really suspicious when he dug up threads from 2007 or ones from months ago saying something that had been said 20 times just to say it again. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

All very valid points guys and I didn't want to stir the blood buT my thing is the mod will take care of it I there's a problem. Or just let them know about it. Oh well it's water under the bridge.

The more I see these red and black buffalo jerseys make me want an authentic home jersey.

That's how I saw it.

CanesCop I will gladly recind my statement if he comes back here and becomes a regular member. It always is a little intimidating joining a new forum, and that's why I usually start a new thread saying welcome. (I believe I did here) It was just really suspicious when he dug up threads from 2007 or ones from months ago saying something that had been said 20 times just to say it again. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

I assure you the situation was monitored as I did see his name quite a bit. In this case though, the post in the trading post thread was a wanted post and not a looking to sell post. So this isn't completely like the previous instances. However, yes, some of the posts were meaningless, but as his posts were made, the mods (at least I was) were keeping an eye on the situation.

All very valid points guys and I didn't want to stir the blood buT my thing is the mod will take care of it I there's a problem. Or just let them know about it. Oh well it's water under the bridge.

The more I see these red and black buffalo jerseys make me want an authentic home jersey.

Wait until they get rid of the Buffaslug! :)

Wait until they get rid of the Buffaslug! :)

I hope they do, like many fans I feel it is a very ugly design. The Sabres should have kept their original logo and uniforms and never should have changed logos and colors. I wish they would go back to the 1970s look.

I like the mix of the old logo with the darker color of there current third. When the switch is made I hope they keep the the current third as is, as the home and make the white in the same thing. Personally I'm just tired of all the straight up retros. I would LOVE to have turn back the clock games in the nhl other then the winter classic. That way a team can have a retro and a third if desired. You can never have to many jerseys IMO.

Thanks for the advice/info guys, I'll keep my eyes open. I'm getting a Sabres Third pretty soon, that jersey is just awesome IMO. I agree, hopefully they keep it as the home next year. I'd like to see a white version of it for away games, then the winter classic uniform as the thirds. That would be just awesome!