Debate and Question about Jersey Manufacture and Years Teams Wore Them

AeroFishOne

Well, i could figure out a good way to start the search and i didnt want to resurrect an ancient topic so i figured i would give us something else to debate about. I know it has been talked about before but i dont know if it ever got its own thread. But first, a Question.

Is there a single website that shows Jersey Manufactures and the years in which teams wore them.? Example; I want to know what jersey manufacture produced jerseys for Carolina in 99-00. Im sure you can figure it out by browsing Getty and finding images but i find it tedious, i know some enjoy the thrill of the hunt.

The second part of this topic is the Debate:

Here is my exact dilemma: I have a beautiful Florida Panthers Away Reebok 6100. I do know for a fact the Panthers did not wear them in 97/98 when they had their 5th anniversary patches. I would love to be able to add that patch to spice up the jersey but then it would be an inaccurate representation of the overall jersey package. I would love to be able at some point to make a Ray Whitney out of a Panthers Jersey but i dont believe he ever wore a Reebok 6100. Therein lies the problem.

I know when i first started collecting i thought a jerseys a jersey who cares who makes it. I cant help but to start leaning toward the other side. But then again, My abilities to spice up the jersey are limited to what years a certain team wore a brand.

Let me know what you think, I remember alot of people having good points in random post, so i thought we could bring it all together.

One more reason i ask, I have an Authentic Koho Coyotes Brick Red Home Jersey but according to the Nhluniforms site Reebok was the only team issued manufacture for the Brick Reds. Would Nhluniforms still be accurate on that.

Also im not familiar with hockeydb.com. is there any certain way to cross reference to find the information i need?

Thanks

One more reason i ask, I have an Authentic Koho Coyotes Brick Red Home Jersey but according to the Nhluniforms site Reebok was the only team issued manufacture for the Brick Reds. Would Nhluniforms still be accurate on that.

Also im not familiar with hockeydb.com. is there any certain way to cross reference to find the information i need?

Thanks

If you click on the respective seasons on nhluniforms you can see the various changes to the manufacturer for each team. If you just click on the team all it shows is the styles.

In 03/04 the Coyotes did indeed wear the Brick Red with a KOHO tag.

Coyotes07.png

www.hockeydb.com is a great reference for who was on a team in a particular season and in many cases it can also show you their jersey number from that season. Biggest annoyance with hockeydb is the popups though.

As for the Ray Whitney thing, you are right that he did not wear the 6100 as he was a Panther from 97 - 01. During that time the Panthers wore Starter, Pro Player, CCM/KOHO.

AHHHHHH, Thanks Lafountain,

I have used NHLUniforms before but i didnt realize if you did each year your would get the maker as well well. Appreciate it.

Since that questions answered whats everyones take on the debate?

NHLUniforms.com and NHLPatches.info are probably the top two resources I constantly use as a jersey collector.

As for your original dilemma, I'd say hold off on putting a 5-year patch on it. It being a RBK 6100 you do have other patching options, a Katrina patch or Teammates for Kids if its a dark jersey or a Puerto Rico patch if its white. The bottom line is, do what YOU want and what YOU will enjoy. Although often on this board we get concerned with 100% accuracy it still comes down to what makes you happy.

One of the first jerseys I had customized was a ProPlayer replica Rangers 3rd. I got it customized with #14 Shanahan "A" even though that's the wrong year by far - but I still love it and I've always loved the ProPlayer replicas for their quality and weight (in some ways I prefer them to 6100s).