Saint Louis Blues jersey questions for the pros:

Saint Louis Blues

Ok, I managed to pick up a home white and road blue pair of Blues Jerseys, both Starter Pro's in size 54R. I got them for $30 a piece which I couldn't pass up, both are blank.

The home white has the NHL2000 patch on it. It's also the mesh jersey with the larger mesh holes in it.

The road blue is also a mesh jersey, but the mesh has smaller holes than the white one. It does not have the NHL2000 patch.

Both were purchased at the Kiel Center (name of the Blues Arena at the time) by employees of the building (vendors) directly from the team store.

I'm trying to figure out the actual year of the jerseys: I know they used the mesh jersey for a limited time, and also these being Starters would make it a pretty slim window that they actually used them. I know the white jersey was actually the third jersey for the 97-98 season but unknown if it's the mesh or not.

They started these style of jersey the 98-99 season. At what point did they switch from the mesh Starter to ????

Thanks in advance.

STL.

The only thing I can tell you is that the NHL 2000 patch was used during the 1999-00 season and St. Louis was using CCM jersey's that year not Starter. 1998-99 was the last year for starter jersey's and in the 99-00 season all teams went back to either CCM or Pro Player. If you want the jersey's to be accurate you have to remove the patch.

First of all if you haven't already been to NHL uniforms, check that out first.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/Blues/Blues.html

Secondly for actual photo's I think Getty Images is probably the best online resource.

You can search by date range, here's an example.

And thirdly you can search Google/Google Images for game worn jerseys.

I hope these answers weren't too obvious.

You sir, are a lucky man. Those mesh Starter Blues jerseys were possibly the nicest ones that Starter made in their short time.

I'll say. I had the white Blues Starter jersey in my sights last Friday (St. Louis Craigslist), but didn't pull the trigger. That clanging sound is my head against the monitor...

blues_auth.jpg

The Blues Starter mesh jersey were indeed some of the best of the Starter era. I love the shine of the mesh with those colors.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys. Picked them both up for $60 total ($30 each). Other than the white home jersey having the NHL2000 patch ironed on it their both 54-R Pro Authentics.

Can I save the white one and remove the patch with gentle heat without leaving tons of melted crap in the mesh of the jersey or am I stuck with it on there? It's not stitched on, just pressed.

You can try removing it with the t-shirt over it and using the iron until it comes off but like you say there will most likely be some residue. I know the NHL 2000 patches didn't have a whole lot of glue on the back BUT who knows how hard that thing was pressed on. If there is residue, Goo Gone might be able to get it off.