Source for replacement crests?

TMLFAN

Hey everyone. I was unsuccessful taking the auto off the crest of my Winnipeg Jets jersey so I was searching Ebay for a replacement crest but could only find one that was 11 x 9.5 and the one on my jersey is 12 x 10.5. Does anybody have a source I could pick a new crest in the right size from? Let me know.

Hey everyone. I was unsuccessful taking the auto off the crest of my Winnipeg Jets jersey so I was searching Ebay for a replacement crest but could only find one that was 11 x 9.5 and the one on my jersey is 12 x 10.5. Does anybody have a source I could pick a new crest in the right size from? Let me know.

Don't panic yet. I'm in the process of removing autographs from some recent acquisitions, and I'll let you know if anything works (or is at least worth exploring).

That said, I do have a Lightning authentic that looks like a puck went across the crest. There's not a black mark, just a bunch of blown stitches.

Don't panic yet. I'm in the process of removing autographs from some recent acquisitions, and I'll let you know if anything works (or is at least worth exploring).

That said, I do have a Lightning authentic that looks like a puck went across the crest. There's not a black mark, just a bunch of blown stitches.

I've already tried alcohol, nail polish remover, goo-gone, stain remover and nothings even put a dent in it.

It might be worth taking it to a reputable dry cleaner. They're known to work wonders at times. My daughter had a white silk sash which my mother in-law spilled red wine on. Clean as a whistle now.

The only problem with that is if you have already tried, their solution might not work either. I took a 1996 Kirby Puckett authentic that had oil on it. They asked if I had tried to remove it. I said no, he then explained why its better to just bring it in instead of washing it first.

I know it's quite risky but what about a bleach pen? If you're carfeul enough, you might be able to get it off without damaging the fabric.

I tried bleach and it had no effect at all.

With the posting of the Jets replica in the ebay thread, maybe you could salvage a crest from there...I understand that they tend to be heat pressed on and such, but if you could very exactly cut it out of the jersey you might get lucky.

I was able to locate a replacement crest that is exactly the same size as the one on my jersey which should be in this week. I saw a seller that had a small jets crest for sale on Ebay and I asked them if they had one in the size I needed and thankfully they had one left.

Just be careful taking the old one off. Those things are usually on there pretty good.

I got it off already, practically fell right off.

Oh nice! That's good to hear. Surprising too. My Jets jersey has the crest practically bolted on.

Yeah, it was weird. The jersey is in great shape but the crest looked like it had been run through the washing machine about 100 times. Maybe the previous owner tried washing auto the auto multiple times and lossened up the crest. Anyways, once the ripped the stitches there was very little holding it on.

Out of interest TML, whose auto was it anyway?

The auto was faded pretty badly but I think it was Tkachuk because the number 7 is clear at the end of the auto but the name is not.

• 9 months later...

Yeah, it was weird. The jersey is in great shape but the crest looked like it had been run through the washing machine about 100 times. Maybe the previous owner tried washing auto the auto multiple times and lossened up the crest. Anyways, once the ripped the stitches there was very little holding it on.

Post pics after you are done attaching the new crest. Would love to see how it turns out.

Post pics after you are done attaching the new crest. Would love to see how it turns out.

Yeah, I had that done a while ago. I'm selling the jersey in my sale thread if you want to have a look.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll throw my name in the ring for looking for a replacement crest. It's one of the mid-1980s Canucks skate logos, with the white trim around the word CANUCKS being yellow instead of white.

No luck thus far, and it's not for lack of looking. On the plus side, the old one came off pretty easily.

I would love to know where I could find replacement Red Wings crests. I have a jersey that has a dark stain right across the crest, and it refuses to come out of the white areas. The threading in the embroidery has also become frayed because of me trying to get said stain out. The biggest problem is that the crests are different sizes depending on jersey brand. This jersey is a Nike, and the crest is smaller than what they put on today's jerseys. This makes buying one off ebay problematic, people aren't very good at providing measurements.