Avs 3rd

DerbyCoyote

Not seen this on here (may not have looked hard enough so I'll delete if it's a duplicate):

http://www.fromtherink.com/2009/11/12/1143...ir-third-jersey

Im fully unimpressed by this jersey. The blue looks akward as the main color. You cant get any weaker in design then just having Colorado on the chest. Its been done once, try something new already.

Wow, I'm on the fence. CanesCop86 is right. The "Colorado" has already been done. Mix it up. All they did with the 3rd jersey was change the red to the blue and call it new. I had heard rumors of the foot being on the front. Oh well.

I kinda liked the leaked render but after seeing that image I think I changed my mind, atleast it doesn't say "AVS" though.

Here is the render I was referring to,

avsalt.png

avs_third_jersey.jpg

Terrible. Look at the back of the collar :blink:

Either use the burgundy third (that was nice) or do something new.

I hope (and expect) the panthers come up with something good.

Why did they make up a bunch of Premier replicas and stick them in the locker room? Don't they have any Edge versions done yet?

Anyway, I'm giving these a thumbs-down.

It looks like a Starter fashion jersey from the 90's

(there Brilliant - I've now made that statement on 3 boards)

Although it's very similar to the Avs old 3rd, it sucks and here's why:

1) That blue is kinda weak as a primary color contrasting with the stronger burgundy shoulders. If you wanted a blue jersey, do something more Nords-like.

2) The 2-color diagonal COLORADO on the front sucks compared to the old version which was 3-colors and featured reverse kiss-cut twill for an awesome effect up close.

3) The Edge tie-down collars are ridiculous with the fabric v-shield with the NHL logo on it. Makes it just look purely ornamental. This goes for all teams (including the Rangers) who are stuck with the new crappy way of having tie-down collars on Edge jerseys.

4) The black collar itself is horrible and thanks to Slime pointing out the back of it, I looks even worse with the Avalance word mark on the back.

5) Only 2-color name on the back versus the great 3-color kiss-cut style of the past, plus it's straight now not arched like on the old 3rd.

6) Reebok Edge

3) The Edge tie-down collars are ridiculous with the fabric v-shield with the NHL logo on it. Makes it just look purely ornamental. This goes for all teams (including the Rangers) who are stuck with the new crappy way of having tie-down collars on Edge jerseys.

Agreed 100% with everything you said except this comment. For whatever reason, I like the EDGE tie-down collars more than the old school tie-down. It promotes symmetry with the addition of the shield, which the old tie-downs didn't necessarily seem to do, especially if tied awkwardly. Plus if you tied the old tie-downs really tightly (which many players did), you didn't even get to see the whole tie-down. I can't really put my thumb on it exactly, but I like the EDGE tie-downs a lot better.

But yea, I think everything else you said is spot on.

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/gallerylandi...vid=DL|COL|home

they look more Nords colored once they're in the light. I was hoping for something different, not a crappier rehash of the old 3rds. maybe when they wear them tomorrow they'll look good in action on the ice.

Huge improvement over their home and away jerseys in my opinion.

Meh. I really don't like the Powderish Blue and Burgundy combination. They should just buy the Nordiques logo and wear that as a third! A lot of relocated teams should do that. I know Calgary uses the "Atlanta" "A" as their alternate captain, but why not just wear the jersey for a night or two! Same with Carolina and Phoenix. I'd really dig that.

I think some teams need to stop rehashing old designs from the past and you know actually try DESIGNING a jersey.

But seriously...Colorado's color combo doesn't do it for me anyway. I did like the maroon thirds though. Only Colorado jersey I liked. These are just awkward looking for some reason. And unoriginal. It kills me that people get paid to come up with such boring stuff...

Huge improvement over their home and away jerseys in my opinion.

Their home and away are pretty awful as well especially compared to their pre-edge home and away, I loved those jerseys. Same with Dallas.

Meh. I really don't like the Powderish Blue and Burgundy combination. They should just buy the Nordiques logo and wear that as a third! A lot of relocated teams should do that. I know Calgary uses the "Atlanta" "A" as their alternate captain, but why not just wear the jersey for a night or two! Same with Carolina and Phoenix. I'd really dig that.

I agree, the relocated teams (except for New Jersey) should make their thirds with the logo of the team before it left. I think it would be a nice tribute to the formers. And hey, you never know, if Carolina would dress up in dark blue, green, gray, and once every couple weeks they might actually win a game.... or two. :thumbsup:

Whalers, Nords, and Jets throwbacks would be awesome.

As for the new Colorado 3rds, the more I look at them the more the burgundy shoulder bar makes me think it's some sort of Star Trek fan tribute to the Avs.

Yea the color scheme is a little weird but at least it has an actual hockey jersey template unlike the ridiculous home and away jerseys.

Their home and away are pretty awful as well especially compared to their pre-edge home and away, I loved those jerseys.

Indeed.

Yea the color scheme is a little weird but at least it has an actual hockey jersey template unlike the ridiculous home and away jerseys.

Still is a giant eye sore IMO. I like the Burger King jersey better