Reebok at it again?

AeroFishOne

I was browsing another jersey forum and a retailer rep, stated that Reebok is now requiring that retailers sell authentics for $299 and Replicas for $114. Whats it to Reebok if retailers decide to sell a jersey for wholesale price.

Can anyone confirm this information.

I'm not trying to be rude but are you sure this is new news?

Only reason why I ask is b/c I got a Pens alternate jersey in a sports store at the mall over the summer and it was $94.99; marked down from $114.99.

Again, not trying to be rude but I thought it had been that way for awhile now.

I'm not trying to be rude but are you sure this is new news?

Only reason why I ask is b/c I got a Pens alternate jersey in a sports store at the mall over the summer and it was $94.99; marked down from $114.99.

Again, not trying to be rude but I thought it had been that way for awhile now.

Well the post was posted Oct 12. Once again, i dont know much about it. The post itself was possibly promoting a new special, so i dont know if its just talk or what to sell jerseys.

Thats why i was asking, I was hoping someone from Icejerseys could possibly comment.

It is true; this stems from the Apple court case that determined that the company could set the retail price (in their case, for iPods).

The reasoning is that it prevents the larger retailers from driving the smaller ones out of business by undercutting their pricing. A small sporting goods store wouldn't be able to get a large enough bulk discount to compete with the larger ones, so this ensures a level playing field.

This is true about Apple - when I was in China a couple of years ago, I went to one of the big markets in Beijing where you can buy pretty much anything. I'm not going to make any claims about the legitimacy of some items I saw in these markets - probably some of the fake jerseys that ended up on our Ebay thread are also in one of the Chinese markets or sold by street vendors at some point, but most of the items I saw were legitimate and what I'd call "overstocks" (for example, North Face places an order for 60,000 coats with a manufacturer, they then get made in China for North Face with the proper North Face label and everything spelled right, then get sent to the U.S. to be sold in North Face stores and places like REI or Eastern Mountain Sports or Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World, etc., but then they wouldn't sell them all that season, so the remaining coats get sent back and are available in China in the summer). However, even there, where you can bargain with the sellers and score a great deal on the vast majority of items compared to what you'd pay in the U.S., the only things that the set prices were basically identical after the currency conversion were the Ipods, which I was pretty surprised by, but makes total sense. They also were the only items where the sellers were very forceful about not negotiating. Everything else, even where the seller had a set price, was a great deal - they all wanted to sell me Nike Shox at a great price, but they only went up to a size 8 US and I wear a 13 in Nike, so that wasn't going to happen no matter what they offered me as a price.

Looks like I better order my jersey now! lolz

Retailers could just start charging less for customization...

EPS offers free customization because of this.

EPS offers free customization because of this.

Who is EPS?