Just won a stained Yzerman home jersey on ebay for 5 bucks

Berglund21

Question for any of you with this experience....the jersey is stained pretty well from what I can see in the photos. Does anyone know of any good products that could get this jersey pearly white again? I figure for 5 bucks, it's worth a shot.

Someone like Advanced Auto Parts, AutoZone, or O'Reilly should carry that. If not, talk to a local reputable car mechanic and explain what it's for to see if they'll give you a little bit - odds are you don't need a whole bottle, so even if they think your reason for needing it is strange, they may still give you a little bit for free.

Here are pics of the jersey. Do you guys think anything can be done to make it look good again?

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage....OCT2909_054.jpg

wow that is one dirty jersey. Start by running it through the washing machine and see what you end up with. If that cleans it up nice then your good to go but if it doesn't then you'll have to try some of the methods mentioned here. You can try spot cleaning all the areas that are white with bleach but be careful not to let it touch the other areas, try getting an old white rag or cloth and dipping it in some bleach and then rubbing all the white areas to see if they come clean. After wash the jersey again and see if that helps.

wow that is one dirty jersey. Start by running it through the washing machine and see what you end up with. If that cleans it up nice then your good to go but if it doesn't then you'll have to try some of the methods mentioned here. You can try spot cleaning all the areas that are white with bleach but be careful not to let it touch the other areas, try getting an old white rag or cloth and dipping it in some bleach and then rubbing all the white areas to see if they come clean. After wash the jersey again and see if that helps.

Yeah it definitely is dirty. I figured for 5 bucks, it could be a steal if I can get it clean again. I appreciate all the advice and I'll try everything out and see what happens.

Take it to a professional dry cleaners and let the experts have a go at it if it doesn't come clean in the washing machine. For $7 my cleaners performs miracles and I don't have to risk getting cancer from harsh chemicals.

It depends on what type of stain it is. I got one that had a bunch of sediment in it from a flood; you could actually hear cracking when it was folded or unfolded. All it needed was a bath in cold water to wash 98% of the sediment out, followed by one trip through the wash. And that's how I have a signed Teemu Selanne Anaheim Wild Wing jersey that looks brand new.

My current project is a Devils jersey that had been of Bernie Nicholls. From the look of it, the previous owner couldn't hit his mouth with his food and also was a heavy smoker....there's a few stains on the front and a light brownish-yellow haze all throughout. I'll have to get before and after pics posted to see if my methods work.