Rbk Edge started in NFL?

rabinsurance

I did something recently that I used to do every year as a kid, drive an hour south to Canton to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In wondering around the displays, I noticed when I got to the "Pro Football Today" area that the Reebok jerseys currently worn use the same material as the Edge 1.0 in the shoulders and arms (the back and chest are mesh). I had never really seen the current authentic NFL jerseys that close before. I know that the Premier replica comes from the NFL. Reebok sells two type of NFL replicas, the cheaper screened letters and numbers, and the Premier replica, with sewn-on names and numbers. But if you look closely at those, the numbers and letters are not cloth, but a synthetic, and any logos are the same painted-sewn-on synthetic that the NHL Premier shoulder patches are. And of course the jock tag, side slits, and league logo at the front neckline. So it kind of looks like Reebok just took the NFL formula and used it with the NHL. Thoughts?

It wouldn't surprise me. Its been awhile since I've looked at an NFL authentic myself. I could see Reebok trying something like that. The last NFL authentic jersey I saw was a knockoff. Next time I go down to Dallas, I'll see if I can come across an authentic Cowboys jersey and then check out an authentic Edge jersey at the Stars store.

Maybe someone else on here will have an example of both.

I wish the jerseys were more like he NFL in tier quality. I wish they just went ahead and put the same material used for the premiers shoulder patches as the center logo sell it for 60 bucks or so. Then make a jersey one level higher with the traditional shoulder and crest twill. Sell for the current price of 114. Then have the current autentics stay the same. We are brutally getting ripped off on the current premiers. The plastic shoulder patches are a disgrace.

I can say though I would be more upset if they just stopped putting shoulder patches on replicas just like majesic did with the MLB replicas. To me that just destroys the meaning of replica when only half the uniform is on the shirt.