This may be a dumb question...Fight straps?

flountown

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

North Dakota has had fight straps for years. I think they are pretty standard even on NCAA jerseys.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

My women's jerseys even have them.

^^ pointless. LOL :-D ^^

In all seriousness though, yes, most college sweaters have them. My Clarkson sweater has one, and the shcool I attend-- a DIII program-- even has them.

Edited by conroyfan22

• 4 weeks later...

I have an authentic on ice Wyoming Cowboys (Who?) jersey and it does NOT have a fight strap. Go Pokes!

My jersey is made by K1 Sportswear in Clouquet, MN. This is a small ACHA University team.

So don't necessarily fear fight straps.

PS> Who should I contact to get my jersey customized? I have great access to the University, and everything. Should I ask the equipment manager who does the numbering on their jerseys? I would love to add my name and number to my jersey.

Since ACHA teams are not varsity teams, they often have very little contact with the school's athletic department. Normally the ACHA teams are run by volunteers (especially at the D3 level like Wyoming) and my not have a true equipment manager. Best bet would be to email their coach or contact the school's club sports department.

Most (possibly all) ACHA jerseys won't have fight straps. I know when I worked for the University of Kentucky ACHA hockey team we were ordering new jerseys at one point and looked at getting fight straps and were told they were not allowed in ACHA hockey. Granted that was over a dozen years ago so who knows.