Re-Glueing Lettering

m3shark

So I have one of the "new" reebok sharks Third jerseys. Bought it from nhl.com when they were first released. Had it customized by them . Now one of the letters on the name has fallen off. I have never had a jersey do this before to me. The glue they used just seems like it was not very good.

How do i go about re attaching the letter to the jersey? What type of adhesive should i use?

Thank you.

Just wondering if its a Premier or an Authentic. I have heard that the customization is shoddy quality on the Premiers, but i havent heard anything about the authentics. I should add that i have only heard that problem about pre-customized jerseys and jerseys customized out of the NHL shop. I dont have much experience in customizing jerseys so maybe one of the other guys can give you some ideas.

I would also like to see pictures of the jersey and the problem if you can take some.

Jersey is one of the premier ones. and yes it is shoddy.

Not Really much to see. The "e" in Clowe fell off. Fell of really cleanly. Didn't even leave any glue residue behind.

As long as you don't plan on stripping it in the future, I'd say go get some fabric glue and follow the instructions. Then keep that glue in case another falls off.

OR, you could hope that all the glue is shoddy, and try and strip it, then purchase and attach a nice number kit from a respected retailer.

• 2 weeks later...

Earlier today, I examined my red Premier Ovie that came from NHL.com last year, and found that it pretty much had the same craptastic customization quality spoken of here about the Sharks jersey, although so far no letters have come off. I had always thought it wasn't such a great job, but had chalked that up to my having ordered it on a day where they were offering the customization on any jersey free b/c of the trade deadline, rather than them just having bad customization for the Premiers period.

Would it be worth my while to send it to someone reputable like EPS or IJ to strip and redo professionally so things will actually be sewn on rather than having screenprinted stitchmarks, or should I just hold onto my money and save up for an authentic instead (to be purchased from someone more reputable than NHL.com)?

Edited by Jon

Would it be worth my while to send it to someone reputable like EPS or IJ to strip and redo professionally so things will actually be sewn on rather than having screenprinted stitchmarks, or should I just hold onto my money and save up for an authentic instead (to be purchased from someone more reputable than NHL.com)?

Personally I'd go with the latter, put that down as a lesson learned (never use the NHL Shop for customisation ;) ) and save up for the authentic, can't really see it being worthwhile to try and save a Premier like that to be honest.