Question for the Rangers jersey experts

TMLFAN

I picked up an authentic 90's CCM mesh rangers jersey for dirt cheap that I want to turn into a 94 Messier with the finals patch. My question is that I understand the shadowing on the letters can be a little tricky and not a lot of places can get it right. I want to know who would be able to make me the kit properly to match exactly what the rangers had in 1994. I just want to buy a kit perferably and do the sewing myself and I usually get my stuff from gamedaysportsarchives but I'm not sure if his kit will match properly.

Please let me know,

Thanks.

As Brilliant said, they haven't changed much over the years. They switched to the arched name in 1990 and the only change since then I know of is adding a nameplate in the Edge era.

That being said, just because the Rangers haven't changed their style, that unfortunately doesn't mean there aren't places that still get it wrong. I have 3 Shannahan Rangers jerseys that are all wrong in one way or another (two have the wrong font for the name, evident by looking at the "A"s and another has the wrong number font, by looking at the "4").

The three places I know get it right (and I'm sure there are others) are: IceJerseys, EPS, and Pro-Jerseys

Looking at the Kovalev you show there, it looks correct. The "A" is the right one and everything else looks good.

As Brilliant said, they haven't changed much over the years. They switched to the arched name in 1990 and the only change since then I know of is adding a nameplate in the Edge era.

That being said, just because the Rangers haven't changed their style, that unfortunately doesn't mean there aren't places that still get it wrong. I have 3 Shannahan Rangers jerseys that are all wrong in one way or another (two have the wrong font for the name, evident by looking at the "A"s and another has the wrong number font, by looking at the "4").

The three places I know get it right (and I'm sure there are others) are: IceJerseys, EPS, and Pro-Jerseys

Looking at the Kovalev you show there, it looks correct. The "A" is the right one and everything else looks good.

Thank you very much. That helps a lot.

The "2" on that Kovalev actually looks wrong to me. That's the modern 2 whereas the 2 used in 1994 is a tiny bit different. I don't know of anywhere that does the old style 2 on the back though. The white on the name looks a little too thick as well. I'd go with EPS or Icejerseys.

I don't see what you're saying about with the "2" being modern - as far as I can tell it's the same style 2 they've used forever.

Here's a Gartner gamer from 1991:

gartner1_2.jpg

The two looks the same to me as well but the white does look a little too thick in areas but that may just be the picture. I'm not the type that has to have everything 100% identical. I'm ok with it as long as it's not something that's blatently obvious because sending the jersey out to Icejerseys or EPS will cost about triple what it would cost me to do myself with the kit I posted. I needed input to make sure there wasn't something obviously wrong with the kit I posted and it seems there isn't based on what the members with a better understanding of Rangers jerseys have stated which means my source is able to make the proper kit. The white boarder being a tad too thick in some spots isn't something that's worth having to pay triple to correct in my opinion.

Thanks again everybody and if there is something wrong with the kit please post.

This is from a Leetch 2001 gamer...

247%20Leetch%20NYR%20Blue%20New%20York%20Jersey%2001-02%20Autograph%20MQ.jpg

Hard to explain the difference but if you look closely you'll see it. Check out the white part that makes a shape like this...

___

/ \

The older version looks like this....

___

l l

It's a VERY small detail, but something I noticed when I got my Leetch '94 Cup jersey done.

...It's a VERY small detail, but something I noticed when I got my Leetch '94 Cup jersey done.

Wow definitely a good catch on that, I stand corrected. I was too busy looking at the inner 2 not the outline.

Not something I'd personally worry about, but definitely something I never noticed.

OK...the HTML code won't let my little diagram work. Oh well...

I think I see what your saying. The part that goes up on a 45 degree angle should be a 90 degree angle on the older jerseys. If so I can just trim the twill a little to make it 90 degrees.

P.S. I forgot to mention gamedays site does not have pictures of the kits they make for each individual year. If the style is pretty much the same they'll just have one picutre and label it an 89-98 for example. There 1994 kit very well may have the proper two and the one I posted might be from a later year. I won't know for sure until I contact them.

I think I see what your saying. The part that goes up on a 45 degree angle should be a 90 degree angle on the older jerseys. If so I can just trim the twill a little to make it 90 degrees.

Exactly, and that's what I did with my Leetch jersey. It could've came out a bit nicer, but oh well. I'm happy with it.

The 2 is the only number I've seen them change in the last 20 or so years though, and it's such a minuscule change. If you're going with Messier, you should be fine.

Exactly, and that's what I did with my Leetch jersey. It could've came out a bit nicer, but oh well. I'm happy with it.

The 2 is the only number I've seen them change in the last 20 or so years though, and it's such a minuscule change. If you're going with Messier, you should be fine.

true, I wasn't even thinking. I won't even have to worry about that because I'll only be using 1's for Messier.

Thanks Akteon and Irish for the detailed info here. I have a couple Rangers jersey's I want done from diff. 'Era's if you will and that helped immensely...