2009-10 Blackhawks Alternates

benpc21

Not sure if its been covered here, but the Blackhawks will be wearing the 1930s Winter Classic jerseys as their alternates this year and dropping the black version of the regular sweater. I was looking through the Ice Jerseys store and they have 1930s style in a 550 without the Winter Classic patch, so will that be how all of this style are? I know last year's winter classic replicas were 550 and not edge style, so is that continuing or are they using up old stock or what? I guess the real question is, were these jerseys released as part of the CCM Vintage line before? The Blackhawks ones I've seen are rear hem tagged CCM where as last years Winter Classic 550s were Reebok on the collar.Anyone have and light to shed on this? I hope they stick with the 550s, I was so happy to get one of those in the WC style last year.

Don't know the answer to your question, but I do have one of my own. Wasn't there talk at one point that the Chicago alternates would have tommahawks on the shoulders, which the Winter Classic version didn't have? Anyone know if they are still planning on the shoulder patches? Personally I think they should keep them off.

I also read that the alts will have the shoulder patches. hopefully they bust them out soon so we can find out.

I think I stumbled upon my own answer last night. I was looking around the net and found they have both the Winter Classic version (RBK) and CCM Vintage Line Versions at Sportsk.com, so its got to be that they added them the Vintage line because they were popular and already for sale essentially. I had heard that about the shoulder patches too, now the nerd in me comes out. Do I but a CCM Vintage, add the shoulder patches if need be, and go with the 550 which I prefer, or get an EDGE replica becuase that is more "authentic"?