Ebay Advice

Scuderia

This jersey is on for Buy It Now... Is this Legit, or asian knockoff you think?

Heres the Gretzky Jersey on eBay

Thanks for the fast reply... I remember seeing the "Set 2" tag on MeiGray Group, but it's been a while since i've been looking.

Thanks for the fast reply... I remember seeing the "Set 2" tag on MeiGray Group, but it's been a while since i've been looking.

Right but that one is fake. The starter tag is waaaaay off.

Yeah i looked on MG and found another from that era and they are pretty different.

I'll dig up all the reasons Brilliant! and Dr. D told me it was fake. I got suckered into buying one... now I've been fooled once more (fake edge black sheep of my collection) but those Gretzky jerseys are really a pain.

Yeah i might hook it and wear it cuz no one in my crew would know the difference. As long as i know its not a show piece. But yeah i'd love a Rangers run down on real digs so I don't get fooled when i get into real silly jerseys.

Edited by Scuderia

Yeah i might hook it and wear it cuz no one in my crew would know the difference. As long as i know its not a show piece. But yeah i'd love a Rangers run down on real digs so I don't get fooled when i get into real silly jerseys.

They are HORRIBLE quality. Worse than a football practice jersey if you ask me.

Jesus.

A thrift store opened by my house a few months ago. I could see in the window that they had some jerseys on one of the racks but always assumed they were probably just crappy kids jerseys. Anyway, I finally decided to go in and to my surprise they had like 6-7 hockey jerseys. Some of them were signed too. I asked lady, who had to be in her 60's, how she got the jerseys. She said a family member of hers got them in an auction and didn't want them anymore. I picked up a Gretzky that looks exactly like that. lol now i feel like an idiot. I figured I just got lucky with a "one mans trash is another mans treasure" type of thing. Im gonna post pics one of these days and see what you guys think. Only spent $40 on it so if its fake I wont be all that upset but still...

Reading this post made me angry so I had to go find the jersey to inspect it..lol

Im still holding out hope that its real

yeah i'd like to see that one that u picked up. i'm a sucker for Rangers shirts it'll prolly be all that i hook.

Presumably only the original game worn should have that Set 2 tag?

Thats what i gather from my feint knowledge from MGG

Derby is right - any MeiGray or set tagging on a non-game worn jersey is a dead give away. The Penguins winter classics are the same way. Also be wary that I've seen versions of this jersey customized as Messier. I pretty much avoid any double tagged Starter jerseys.

Yeah my first red flag was the price and lack of background info lol. But i'll def keep these tips in mind when lookin for real authentics

Yeah my first red flag was the price and lack of background info lol. But i'll def keep these tips in mind when lookin for real authentics

Just post em here, we'll help you out :) That's what Brilliant! did for me? I ran EVERY purchase by him first. Its what we're here for.