Opening Night!

IT'S BACK!! The new season officially kicks off tonight in Washington and Toronto!!

BOS @ WSH - 7pm EST

MTL @ TOR -7pm EST

SJ @ COL - 10pm EST

VAN @ CGY - 10pm EST

WOO-HOO!!!! Two special nights tonight too with the Avs raising #19 to the roof and the Flames wearing their vintage jerseys to kick off their 30th anniversary season.

The Avs game was great! The Sakic retirement ceremony was amazing, the Avs won in a big way, and I briefly met Burnaby Joe Sakic (the IJ poster, not the player). awesome night, so glad hockey is back

It was great to watch On The Fly this morning and get all the highlights. Looks like AO is picking up right where he left off.

That looked like quite the scrum in the Nucks/Flames game, great to have hockey back!

it was sweet to see the flames back on the ice in their classic unis. I wonder if the authentics will ever reach retail, they looked like a 6100 cut too.

I got DirectTv so no Vs. for me, but the month long free center ice is great. I don't like Vs. much anyway, their commentators are usually rubbish.

I got DirectTv so no Vs. for me, but the month long free center ice is great. I don't like Vs. much anyway, their commentators are usually rubbish.

Agreed. However I don't get Center Ice...so I'll take it where I can get it haha

If the Pens play on anything but our FSN or NBC, I have to go to my g/fs house.... :(

Games today at 12 and 3pm on my off day! Then Banner Raising time in Pittsburgh!!!!! :-D

woo!

Thank God for Justin.tv for those of us without a day off. There isn't a better way to spend a day.

• 3 months later...

I know this is probably way too old, but just reading it reminded me of the banner raising in Colorado for the home opener. This was the absolute best game I've ever been to...