Meigray Facebook Fans Contest

Curry1fan

Feel free to slap me on the wrist if I shouldn't be posting about this, but for anyone that is on Facebook...Meigray is having a "guess the jersey" contest. What it is is that they post clues everyday about a jersey that is currently being sold on meigray.com or nhlgameworn.com. Everyone who is a Meigray Facebook fan can e-mail their guesses in as to which jersey it is. Whoever guesses correctly wins the jersey and then everyone else wins too...because whatever team the jersey belonged to, all of the other team's jerseys currently on Meigray are 50% off for two days.

In the last game, the winner got a Milan Hedjuk Avs jersey....so if you're on Facebook, you should be a fan of Meigray and join in.

The first clue of the game was posted today...it is: the player who wore me began his NHL career wearing a size 54 jersey.

Rules:

Today begins an exciting new Facebook promotion for MeiGray's Facebook Fans! It's Name That Player, a contest in which one lucky MeiGray Facebook Fan will win a FREE NHL GAME-WORN JERSEY and every Facebook Fan will get 48 hours to take advantage of a very special offer.

Anyone who is listed as a MeiGray Facebook fan is eligible. If you are not currently a MeiGray Facebook fan, simply join before the promotion ends, and join the contest.

Here's how the contest works:

- To win the jersey, simply identify the player who wore it in the NHL.

- How do you do that? Starting today, we will post one clue each day ONLY ON MEIGRAY'S FACEBOOK PAGE. As soon as you think you know the player, be the first to correctly guess who he is by e-mailing the player's name to jrubin@meigray.com WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS. You don't need to specify the jersey, just the player's name.

- Here's the catch: You get only one guess. Guess incorrectly, and you're out.

- The clues will get posted daily. The first person who correctly identifies the player wins the jersey. And thats when everyone else will win.

Because once the jersey is won, every jersey from the winning jersey's team (except those on consignment) listed at www.meigray.com will be 50% off for 48 hours for all MeiGray Facebook Fans.

The first clue will be posted later today. so BECOME A MEIGRAY FACEBOOK FAN. AND GOOD LUCK.

Feel free to slap me on the wrist if I shouldn't be posting about this, but for anyone that is on Facebook...Meigray is having a "guess the jersey" contest. What it is is that they post clues everyday about a jersey that is currently being sold on meigray.com or nhlgameworn.com. Everyone who is a Meigray Facebook fan can e-mail their guesses in as to which jersey it is. Whoever guesses correctly wins the jersey and then everyone else wins too...because whatever team the jersey belonged to, all of the other team's jerseys currently on Meigray are 50% off for two days.

In the last game, the winner got a Milan Hedjuk Avs jersey....so if you're on Facebook, you should be a fan of Meigray and join in.

The first clue of the game was posted today...it is: the player who wore me began his NHL career wearing a size 54 jersey.

I submitted my guess on the first clue, hope I get it right. Biggest downside is if I am wrong, I am out of the running for this round.

As for the last prize, that was a very nice prize. Hejduk jerseys are on their site for $995 so they aren't being overly cheap with the prizes.

I still want to wait till tomorrow so I can send in a guess...a size 58 is still a little ambiguous for me.

Lafountain and XC, you'll have to let us know if your guesses were right!

I still want to wait till tomorrow so I can send in a guess...a size 58 is still a little ambiguous for me.

Lafountain and XC, you'll have to let us know if your guesses were right!

Well I know for a fact this guy started as a 54, but he may still only be a 56 which will kill me.

Well the 2nd clue was put out today.

Clue # 2 - I am a size 58

Sad part is my guess still works, but since they posted a 2nd clue, I guess I didn't win.

A player who went from a size 54 pre-Edge to a size 58 in an Edge wouldn't really be too rare ... but if they are both Edge jersey or both pre-Edge jerseys then it can only be Martin Broduer!

Sorry the Marty fat jokes never go out of style ... this coming from a guy who wears size 56+ jerseys without pads, so I am being a bit hypocritical :D

Ok well why not put out my guess, seeing if I am right and first then I win, and if I'm wrong then I'm out. I guessed Sidney Crosby. I have pictures of game worn jerseys from his rookie year that are size 54s. I know his sophomore year he went up to a 56, but I haven't been able to find photographic evidence that he is now a 58. I only assume it because most hockey players bulk up a bit from after they are 18. I am pretty sure someone else has guessed (being one of the faces of the league) and also why would MeiGray give away such a valuable jersey. One other thing to support my argument is, there are no 2008-09 Pens jerseys for sale. Maybe it is him, then the rest of his teammates jerseys would go on sale for 50% off for 48 hours. Who the hell knows. The answer for all we know could be anyone :stickhndl:

Well since XCdude posted his guess, I suppose I could be nice enough to help some of you out by eliminating my guess as well.

XCdude's Guess: Sidney Crosby

LaFountain's Guess: John LeClair (Wore a 54 with Montreal, 56 with Philly, 58 with Pittsburgh)

I guessed Jason Arnott after they posted that he began his career in a 54. They have two jerseys with the term "rookie" in the description that are size 54 and his is one of them. I took a wild guess and it didn't work out

The other is Sean Avery, Avery currently wears a 58, hmmmmmm.

I guessed Jason Arnott after they posted that he began his career in a 54. They have two jerseys with the term "rookie" in the description that are size 54 and his is one of them. I took a wild guess and it didn't work out

The other is Sean Avery, Avery currently wears a 58, hmmmmmm.

wow thats seriously who I was going to guess, glad I checked this first

I am keeping a list of possibilites in my notepad but haven't narrowed down yet...I'm only on preliminary guesses b/c I haven't looked up when all my guessed players began their careers.

I guessed Patrick Kane, I know he went from a 54 to a 56 last season and I heard he bulked up a little in the off season, and he's a lefty.