Flyers Winter Classic Jersey Unveiled!

CryWolf

when they showed a few closeups of the backs of the players on the bench the numbers didn't look like twill but, to me at least, didn't look like felt at all.

The reason I don't like the black name plates on the Flyers WC jersey is because the team NEVER wore them on their vintage white jerseys. In the late 60s and early 70s the team wore white nameplates with black lettering. The nhluniform.com website can attest to this. I wouldn't have minded seeing the Flyers wear a white nameplate with the black lettering.

I kind of liked the black nameplates, they needed some black on there since I think they looked to bright without it. yeah they never wore them, but the Hawks never wore their exact WC jerseys either. the jerseys are meant to be styled after the older ones, not be an exact match.

I kind of liked the black nameplates, they needed some black on there since I think they looked to bright without it. yeah they never wore them, but the Hawks never wore their exact WC jerseys either. the jerseys are meant to be styled after the older ones, not be an exact match.

That's what sort of gets me, when teams try to bring back "vintage" looks with today's uniform style and design. It kind of bothers me when teams bring back older looks - Flyers WC, Hawks WC, Sabres third, etc - and they aren't as close as possible to the older jersey. I would much rather have seen the Hawks wear actual sweaters for the 2009 WC than EDGE jerseys with their 1930s design.

I guess what I am trying to say is that the older vintage looks and jerseys don't fit with the new EDGE uniform very well, in my opinion.

Teams that have newer thirds - Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Ottawa, Phoenix, Minnesota, etc - are fine because they are newly designed jerseys. I don't have a problem with those.

That's why enjoy the sabres third. Because it mixes old with the new and fairly well in my opinion. For the classic I could do with the natural retro but for regular season Im getting tired of the retro craze.

I say it in every post related to this topic, but whe need tuen back the clock games.

Who knows to be honest. If It was for ratings you would have thought ovechkin would have played by now, as much as I despise him.

There has been talk of the 2011 Winter Classic at Yankee Stadium in New York City. However, the Stadium is likely to host a college football bowl game from December 25 to January 1, which is between the time the NHL requires for the hockey rink to be built.

This may sound really stupid, so I will apologize ahead of time. How do they decide who's playing in the wc game?

This past season it was a combination of the NHL and NBC choosing the teams/venue. However, it will now be done by a bidding system from what I've read. Teams will put together proposals that they want to host/what can they offer in terms of publicity to try and get the Winter Classic in upcoming years.

This past season it was a combination of the NHL and NBC choosing the teams/venue. However, it will now be done by a bidding system from what I've read. Teams will put together proposals that they want to host/what can they offer in terms of publicity to try and get the Winter Classic in upcoming years.

I would like to see either the Avalanche at Coors field, or the Wild in the new Twins stadium.