Flyers Winter Classic Jersey Unveiled!

CryWolf

I am not liking the black nameplates. At least the white plates make sense, are historically accurate, and look good in my opinion. The black nameplates I don't recall ever being used and look ugly and out of place, ruining what is otherwise a perfect throwback.

It's probably going to be the perfect jersey to buy blank.

Absolutely hate the back nameplates. I would not be surprised if they changed them to white w/ black lettering before the game. However, nice throwback. The numbers should be done the same way as when they brought out the orange jersey overlapping the orange sleeve stripe in that different font.

I say orange nameplate w/ white lettering. That would look ok even though that is the nameplate they wore w/ the orange jerseys in the 70's, 80's, and 90's. The orange name plate would match the back numbers better.

Oh my....i don´t know what to say.... :lol: ......looks like a picture from a traning camp for "Special people" with Special needs..... :D

When players fell onto the ice in them they turned into missiles, the long legs made them super slick :lol:

Absolutely hate the back nameplates. I would not be surprised if they changed them to white w/ black lettering before the game. However, nice throwback. The numbers should be done the same way as when they brought out the orange jersey overlapping the orange sleeve stripe in that different font.

I'm guessing that they are replicas, which would explain why the overlap isn't there.

And for the record, inline/roller hockey uses pants like cooperalls. Lighter with more ventilation, and the friction of the floor counteracts the really fast collisions that occurred when they wore them on the ice.

Agreed. Definately a fight strap. Also saw news coverage w/ Briere interview and you could see air-knit material on the front. They definately looked like Edge 2.0's.

• 3 months later...

Saw a commercial during a recent flyers game. Pronger, Gagne etc. wearing the new Winter Classic jerseys. Nameplates are black and the font looks the same as what they wear on the Orange home jerseys. Hopefully these jerseys contain some special winning particles. Whe could sure use a win right now.

Saw a commercial during a recent flyers game. Pronger, Gagne etc. wearing the new Winter Classic jerseys. Nameplates are black and the font looks the same as what they wear on the Orange home jerseys. Hopefully these jerseys contain some special winning particles. Whe could sure use a win right now.

We play the Islanders this week...so we got one win in the bag...

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like it either BUT that was the only thing I didn't like about it. Both of the jerseys today were really sharp looking. I'd love to see the B's one become their new third.

I like the black nameplate on the whites. i think it made the jersey really stand out.

Was i correct in observing that the numbers on the Bruins jersey were felt?