Larionov Yzerman Russia jersey question...

Yzerman fan

As many of you have known I have been looking for the Russian Yzerman jersey from the Larionov Farewell game for years. Has his name and number on the back in cyrillic writing. I may have found the Russian jersey from this game ,but it is a blank. Do I have any options where I'd be able to have someone match the number font and the hard part the cryrillic Yzerman letters? I can't believe I haven't seen one of these jerseys in years and I'm afraid that this might be my only chance. Any suggestions or possible options?

Wait so you have a picture of what it looks like and just need to find a place that can do it for you, or are you hoping to find a place that knows what it should look like and can customize it for you without any help?

I have pictures of the back of the jersey. I just need to find someone who can match the numbers and cyrillic lettering.

many places can do that for you, but they may charge you extras due to art work. As long as you have a clear cut picture it shouldn't be a problem.

I haven't been able to find anyone around here. Has anyone done anything like this and if you have how has it turned out. I'm sure the numbering style shouldn't be a problem. I'm just worried about the cyrillic issue concerning this jersey.

I haven't been able to find anyone around here. Has anyone done anything like this and if you have how has it turned out. I'm sure the numbering style shouldn't be a problem. I'm just worried about the cyrillic issue concerning this jersey.

Have you contacted Exclusive Pro yet? I think this would be a custom job where they will need to use the photos to createt the letters and numbers for you. My limited knowlege of Russian jerseys is that they are almost always die sublimated when putting on numbers and names but with something so rare, I would opt to have them sewn on just in case it isn't down right, it can be removed.

Have you contacted Exclusive Pro yet? I think this would be a custom job where they will need to use the photos to createt the letters and numbers for you. My limited knowlege of Russian jerseys is that they are almost always die sublimated when putting on numbers and names but with something so rare, I would opt to have them sewn on just in case it isn't down right, it can be removed.

Thanks for the info. Do they have a website? Also, most of the Russian jerseys are dye sublimated,but EFSI for this jersey did use sewn on numbers.

Sent them an email. Hoping to hear some good news.

I still think you should buy the blank jersey because it sounds so rare.

I agree with this. Even if you can't get the lettering done, at least you have something as a starting point in the event that someday someone can do the lettering. Would suck to not get the jersey because the company could not do the lettering that month, but 5 - 6 months down the road they can, now you would have to find the jersey again and that doesn't seem like it has been an easy quest.

I agree with this. Even if you can't get the lettering done, at least you have something as a starting point in the event that someday someone can do the lettering. Would suck to not get the jersey because the company could not do the lettering that month, but 5 - 6 months down the road they can, now you would have to find the jersey again and that doesn't seem like it has been an easy quest.

+100

My mantra in jersey collecting is buy the jersey first worry about the lettering later. Especially if size is an issue. In my case I want all my jerseys to fit me so I buy 48s in the ones I want as soon as I can find them. Then I worry about how I'm going to customize them later.

I agree. Although for me size on this jersey I don't care much about as it's been a real struggle to even find anything. I haven't even seen one of these in years. Although I saw a Mogilny version on ebay about a month ago,but before that nothing.

I have been in contact with a guy who works for the company that produced the jerseys for the game. He is the one who has the blank jersey. I have been in contact with him since Feb. He is a very nice guy and says he is trying to get the guy who does the sewing for the the company's jersey to do this job for him,but the whole production plant has been in the process of moving and many other delays. Obviously, it would be an ideal situation to have them do it,but I almost feel like it is unlikely to get done. I don't mind waiting for it to get done there because I've been looking so long,but I honestly get the feeling like it might not. So, I'm now starting to look a bit or ask around about anyone who might be able to match the tough cyrillic writing and numbers. Feel like I'm at a crossroads and don't know what to do. Ask him to just send the blank jersey or hold out and hope it works out with his company..or maybe lose the jersey entirely.. Thanks for the input guys.

Get the jersey man. Those things are so rare.

Yeah, I'm just torn although you are probably right. I just keep hoping and praying his buddy at work can get it done,but there has just been one delay after another, which is no fault at all of his. Just seems disorganized over there for crap getting done. I'm just afraid it's going to be impossible to find someone here to do the cyrillic writing. Man I'm torn on what to do...

Yeah, I'm just torn although you are probably right. I just keep hoping and praying his buddy at work can get it done,but there has just been one delay after another, which is no fault at all of his. Just seems disorganized over there for crap getting done. I'm just afraid it's going to be impossible to find someone here to do the cyrillic writing. Man I'm torn on what to do...

Well is there anyway to buy the jersey, and see if he can do the lettering later?

Well is there anyway to buy the jersey, and see if he can do the lettering later?

Well, he has the jersey already and has been trying to get the lettering done for me. But, it has been one problem after another and he seems a little concerned about getting the lettering done.

Well, he has the jersey already and has been trying to get the lettering done for me. But, it has been one problem after another and he seems a little concerned about getting the lettering done.

If he seems concerned, is there anyway to keep it for a little while and then send it back to him when it calms down? That's what I meant.

If he seems concerned, is there anyway to keep it for a little while and then send it back to him when it calms down? That's what I meant.

Maybe, might be kind of tough though as in that case he might as well hold onto it unless I find someone here in the States or Canada that can do it. Haven't heard back from Exclusive Pro. I'd almost be surprised they would be able to do it although who knows.

If he holds on for too long, do you lose the jersey or just the lettering?

I won't lose the jersey unless he doesn't send it,but his company made the jerseys ( he has the last blank Russian verision from the Larionov game) and they did all the names and numbers. His friend works in the jersey department and said he would be able to do it exactly from the game once his department is set back up. They had moved the department from Moscow to a suburb outside of the city,but have had difficulties getting things up and running.

I won't lose the jersey unless he doesn't send it,but his company made the jerseys ( he has the last blank Russian verision from the Larionov game) and they did all the names and numbers. His friend works in the jersey department and said he would be able to do it exactly from the game once his department is set back up. They had moved the department from Moscow to a suburb outside of the city,but have had difficulties getting things up and running.

Oooof. Does he have ANY timetables at all set up?

Oooof. Does he have ANY timetables at all set up?

No, no timetables. Don't think those exist in Russia. Things get done when they get done. I've seen this with other things in the country so I'm not overly surprised. I don't mind waiting if I know it will happen,I'm just not sure it will. He is supposed to update me in the next day or so.

No, no timetables. Don't think those exist in Russia. Things get done when they get done. I've seen this with other things in the country so I'm not overly surprised. I don't mind waiting if I know it will happen,I'm just not sure it will. He is supposed to update me in the next day or so.

Hopefully you get some good news, because this sounds like an AMAZING jersey. Is it a replica or authentic?

Hopefully you get some good news, because this sounds like an AMAZING jersey. Is it a replica or authentic?

Just a replica. They auctioned off some game worns after the game,but it got way too high and if I remember they only auctioned off the World jersey Yzerman wore anyway. I think the trainer and Yzerman got one actually.