Rangers jersey question

HawksFan719

did CCM ever make mesh(?) Rangers jerseys in the 90's? I have one that I'm considering stripping, and its not ultrafil or airknit.

From the start of the 1980's, the Rangers started out wearing Cosby's and Stall & Dean mesh jerseys. In 1987, they switched to CCM jerseys but retained the mesh. From 1987-1996, they stuck with the CCM wide mesh but starting in 1997, they went the Starter mesh route. 1998-99 was the last year they wore mesh and those were Starters. Any CCM authentic Rangers jersey you see should be mesh otherwise it's not accurate...unless it's the 1991-92 TBTC ultrafil jersey.

The mesh Rangers jerseys from the 90s are great. The CCM mesh jerseys are great from a patching standpoint, you can have a NHL 75th anny patch, a SC 100th anny patch, '94 ASG patch or the '94 Finals patch. No patching options with the Starter mesh Rangers jersey, but they are still probably my favorite to wear.

I just wish the Rangers had stuck with mesh during the ProPlayer era. I still love the ProPlayer knit, but the mesh is just as good as the Starters were.

thanks for the help everyone! I had no idea they wore mesh for that long, shows what a rookie I am :blush:

Brilliant- the jersey I'm asking about is that Robitaille that has the wrong font that you noticed. I was looking it over and noticed its not glued anywhere, so i think I might be able to strip it myself. plus I got a 94 AS patch on the way to me from the RCS sale, so I could have it redone to look pretty good.

thanks for the help everyone! I had no idea they wore mesh for that long, shows what a rookie I am :blush:

Brilliant- the jersey I'm asking about is that Robitaille that has the wrong font that you noticed. I was looking it over and noticed its not glued anywhere, so i think I might be able to strip it myself. plus I got a 94 AS patch on the way to me from the RCS sale, so I could have it redone to look pretty good.

Hi, I'm in the process of stripping a few jerseys and learning a lot of new techniques. If they are glued on, shoot me a PM if you are having trouble. I've been trying out a few things depending on what jersey material is made out of and what type of glue it is. I haven't worked with mesh yet, but I can't imagine it being harder to strip than Ultrafil which you have to be very careful with to prevent thread pulls.

Hi, I'm in the process of stripping a few jerseys and learning a lot of new techniques. If they are glued on, shoot me a PM if you are having trouble. I've been trying out a few things depending on what jersey material is made out of and what type of glue it is. I haven't worked with mesh yet, but I can't imagine it being harder to strip than Ultrafil which you have to be very careful with to prevent thread pulls.

I'm trying to tell if there's glue on the edges of the numbers, but it doesn't look like there is. if there is I don't think I'm gonna try to strip it and I'd just throw it back up on ebay.

I'm trying to tell if there's glue on the edges of the numbers, but it doesn't look like there is. if there is I don't think I'm gonna try to strip it and I'd just throw it back up on ebay.

One way to tell is to turn the jersey inside out and see if you can move the jersey material behind the numbers. Usually, glued on or heat glued twill will have areas where the jersey material won't move at all . Also closely inspect the edges of the numbers and letters. you might be able to get an idea if it is glued on twill. The jersey I'm stripping right now was lettered with a twill that has some type of glue material on back. It's so old that for the letters, the twill could just be pulled away from the jersey by hand. I'm not sure if the glue is the type that becomes pliable using heat. but I'm going to experiment with using a hair dryer to see if the glue softens up when warmed up.

Or sell it to a friend when hes in the market?!!! Is it an authentic?

Or sell it to a friend when hes in the market?!!! Is it an authentic?

yeah its a 48 CCM authentic