New USA Hockey jerseys for 2010 Olympics

akteon

USA Hockey will unveil the three versions of the Nike Olympic jersey that its men's team will wear during the 2010 Olympic Winter Games on Monday, Aug. 17, at 10 a.m. in the NHL Rink at Seven Bridges Ice Arena.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=463373

I'm looking forward to seeing what they came up with, especially since there's a 3rd jersey. Unfortunately I dislike the Nike SWIFT jerseys even more than the RBK Edge, so I doubt I'll pick one up unless the design is so good it's a must have. Or the US wins the gold.

I'm a bit bummed because I love the USA logo right now. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised.

Anyone know what time they will be introducing the new jersey?

Anyone know what time they will be introducing the new jersey?

Monday, Aug. 17, at 10 a.m. - so basically today, about an hour ago ...

Any pics yet?

http://twitpic.com/e8qbi

Praying this is just a third jersey or something...I don't like it...

Here's the best pic I've seen. The 3rd jersey is a the first white one, the throwback style. Supposedly it's not the Nike Swift material/style which is great news.

TeamUSA.jpg

The pic is from a Thugnation, a member of jerseycentral.org

(I don't want to take any credit for his great scoop)

The thirds are ok,but the others are just lame. I'm sorry. BORING.

From what I've seen of them, without getting a look at the subtle details I've heard about, I give them a passing grade due to their simplicity which gives them a retro feel, as well as a lack of "stupid" that the first Nike Swifts had with those weird vertical arm stripes that started and stopped in the middle of the sleeves and those really odd zebra stripes on the lower sides of the jerseys. I guess I won't be getting excited about the new ones because they are so plain, and it's somewhat sad that I like them "because they aren't stupid". I should be given more of a reason to like them than "they suck less than the old ones." don't you think?

I'm not sure why such a simple looking jersey needs a similar retro looking third jersey to go with it though. Actually, they would have really been better off to keep the 1960 throwback as the home jersey and make a blue version of it for the road. I'd kill for a blue version of the third. That would have been sharp as a tack. :thumbsup:

Yeah you aint kidding. That blue version would have been AWESOME. I really dig the 3rds the way they are now and will probably grab one...especially since IJ takes PayPal now! WOO-HOO!!

I really don't mind the new jerseys. The design, like Jeff said, has that classic feel to it. That's always a plus in this game. I'd love to see them go back to that richer, more royal blue though. I love that color in these jerseys.

PuckDaddy is reporting that the texture effect on the navy jerseys is the same pattern used by Nike for the Beijing Olympics

we_the_people.jpg

Ugh, the blue jersey may go down as one of the worst Team USA jerseys of all time if it has that stupid texture effect. I do like the throwback third jersey and I hope Nike sells those as authentics come October. I would love to get either Patrick Kane, Zach Parise, Bobby Ryan, or future USA national team player John Carlson on it.

• 1 month later...

Nike Pics of Blue Jersey

Just found the blue jersey available on the Nike site... It has some really good pics if you are wanting to see closeups of the new patterns. Unfortuneatly, Nike says what they are selling is the Authentic for $125, so I'm pretty sure its the replica versions. The IceJerseys twitter said they would have them in around Oct. 1, so I'm hoping to see some authentics show up here.

• 2 weeks later...
dang man your so lucky to be going to see it..i was gonna say have a great trip and a great time, but i know thats in store for you

It's insane how long I've been on the list for tickets... I'm going the last two days of regulation play so it's when all the rivalry games are. Picked up a game worn Toby Enstrom Sweden jersey last week, now I'm waiting for the rest to come out for retail. This trip is giving me reason for a lot of new jerseys.