New to forums + question

The Cheez

'Sup doods. I've been a hockey fan for a long time but only very recently thought about starting to collect jerseys. The only one I have is an old CCM Mats Sundin Leafs jersey (the 1992-1997 style) I got a while back, but I have a few customization projects in the works and I'm excited to start collecting.

Currently working on:

- Vintage ('96-'00) TB Lightning #93 Daren Puppa jersey (black)

- 2000-era Florida Panthers #2 Lance Pitlick jersey (white)

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of my own Tampa Bay Lightning and also the Maple Leafs, but I'm not above wearing other teams' jerseys if they look cool (you'll never see me in Habs gear though...EVER).

I also had a question for all the hardcore hockey jersey fiends out there about letter/number kits. I'm currently looking for an appropriate kit for the Lance Pitlick jersey I want to make (it's a white '99 series CCM I got real cheap on eBay), and in searching for lettering kits I've found two options: heat sealed or sewn-together letters and numbers. The heat sealed ones (from what I gather) are lower quality, but they're a lot cheaper and I'm a college student on a semi-tight budget.

I was just wondering is it worth it to invest the extra money in sewn-together letters/numbers (it's a step up from about $30 to $60) over the heat sealed ones in your opinion? I want my jersey to look cool and last, but I also don't want to break the bank if I don't need to.

Edited by The Cheez

Welcome dude! You sure have come to the right place. Let me start by saying this: DON'T BUY HEAT-SEAL. Get sewn on twill. If you can't afford it, wait until you can afford it. The difference is light years apart and you'll be much happier in the long run with the twill. Speaking of Pitlick though, are you going for a Senators or Panthers jersey? Not that it matters much but I am curious since you didn't specify. Either way, the answer to your kit question is IceJerseys. They do solid work and I'm pretty sure they can cut any of those old school fonts.

The Pitlick jersey in question is a white Florida Panthers CCM jersey. I'm going for the '98-'03 style with the arched letters on a nameplate. Anyway thanks for the recommendation. I'll look into it.

Okay. Yeah, that's a fairly easy style considering they still use it today. I don't think it would be a problem at all.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I forgot they went back to the straight-line names. Still though, it's nothing too hard to get done.