Your favorite D-1 College Hockey teams?

LordStanley1893

So what is everyone's favorite NCAA D-1 collge hockey teams?

These are my favorites:

*Niagara University (because I go there)

*University of North Dakota (I love their players, Jordan Parise and TJ Oshie are my favs, plus the green jersey is awesome)

*University of Maine (Paul Kariya put them on the map plus I have family member who sister lives there and are hockey fans)

*Colorado College (Small school that is very competitive which I hope NU becomes)

University of Vermont is my favorite College Team.

Am glad to see them playing so well after they moved to Hockey East after leaving the ECAC.

They came to NU last year and both games were close. They came in October when they had that great start and then it went south.

They visited on 10/28 & 10/29 2005

Vermont won 3-2 on the 28th and 4-2 on the 29th. They had quite a few fans from what I remember.

Yeah, they got off to such a great start then when they hit the big part of their conference schedule they just couldn't keep up with the elites of Hockey East. They are off to a good start again this year, hoping they keep it up through the conference schedule this season.

I like ND, but the only team I really enjoy following closely these days is DIII Middlebury.

I like ND, but the only team I really enjoy following closely these days is DIII Middlebury.

I'm suprised they haven't went D-1. Haven't they won the D-III championships the past two years? (I know they won it last year).

I'm suprised they haven't went D-1. Haven't they won the D-III championships the past two years? (I know they won it last year).

Middlebury's size prevents them from making any real run at moving up in divisions. D-1, they would get killed.

Do you think they could manage just D-1 hockey. They could be like Colorado College and be Dvision III in all other sports. CC has a relatively small student population too (around 2000)

Do you think they could manage just D-1 hockey. They could be like Colorado College and be Dvision III in all other sports. CC has a relatively small student population too (around 2000)

OK, maybe with their size they could manage D-1 Hockey, but I don't think they would do well there. It would take a couple years of struggling though.

Yeah but it is certainly easier to build a winning hockey team than a football team (I'm not too far from UB what an embarassment). Robert Morris is a prime example they are in their 3rd or 4th year, and they look like they are going to challenge for the CHA crown and the auto bid this year.

• 1 month later...

I like Minnesota, as I have a couple of friends up there who got me following them. But my faves are Ohio St. and Miami of Ohio. When I played club hockey, we played Miami of Ohio's club team and got to watch the varsity guys play before our game. Many of Miami of Ohio club team players were varsity cuts and those guys were GOOD.

One of my youth league coaches played varsity at Miami of Ohio and was on a team with Brian Savage.

• 1 month later...

Booooo! Go Sioux! lol :D

Remember this? :D

hc-celebration.jpg

My two favorites are BGSU and Minnesota.

My two favorites are BGSU and Minnesota.

I give you credit for being a Bowling Green fan since they haven't been good since the mid 90's.

• 2 weeks later...

RPI- I grew up in the Capital District and they are the hometown team I root for.

Mercyhurst- I love to see who their first round opponent is every year. This is a tough little program.

MSU- Go Spartans, the history, the lore, the Millers- the green and white is a fav for me for numerous reasons.

Vermont-I dislike much of Hockey East mainly to BU/BC/Maine's Yankees-like perchant for winning- the green and gold have produced a bunch of NHL's plus their jerseys are pretty sick. And VT has the best maple Syrup (can I chose a team based on my breakfast?).

RIT- only if for a curiosity factor. How competitive can a D3 school be after dominating for so many years at that level. It will be interesting to see where the program is in 5 years.

RPI- I grew up in the Capital District and they are the hometown team I root for.

Mercyhurst- I love to see who their first round opponent is every year. This is a tough little program.

MSU- Go Spartans, the history, the lore, the Millers- the green and white is a fav for me for numerous reasons.

Vermont-I dislike much of Hockey East mainly to BU/BC/Maine's Yankees-like perchant for winning- the green and gold have produced a bunch of NHL's plus their jerseys are pretty sick. And VT has the best maple Syrup (can I chose a team based on my breakfast?).

RIT- only if for a curiosity factor. How competitive can a D3 school be after dominating for so many years at that level. It will be interesting to see where the program is in 5 years.

RIT was great this year. They were clearly the best team in Atlantic Hockey this year. Too bad they are not allowed to compete in the NCAA's (programs must wait two years after becoming D1). They won the conference and probably would have won the conference tourney. Vermont and MSU are on the bubble to make the tourney this year. And Vermont's case isn't helped after losing to UMass-Lowell tonight.

Minnesota is the 2007 WCHA Champions!!!! :D :D

As much as it pains me to say this congrats gophs. That is a big loss for Michigan Tech as they were a bubble team.

As much as it pains me to say this congrats gophs. That is a big loss for Michigan Tech as they were a bubble team.

Michigan Tech has come a long way. I don't think I have ever heard of them in relation to the NCAA tourney before but congrats to them on a good season anyway!

Michigan Tech has come a long way. I don't think I have ever heard of them in relation to the NCAA tourney before but congrats to them on a good season anyway!

Yeah they can still get in with a conference tourney win though. They were dominant in the 70s but haven't had a winning season since 1996 until this year (finished 16-15-5). Overall they are still one of the better hockey programs out there. Hopefully they have turned it around.