Anyone else having or had problems with USPS?

IIHFjerseycollector

Ive been using USPS for the past few years ive been buying/trading/selling jerseys.. Ive literally sent about 1000 things out through them..

Recently , Ive had more than a few issues. Ive had packages from the UK take almost 30 days when I paid for 7-10 day shipping. Like, im currently waiting for a great britain game worn jersey. I paid for it on the 29th of June , it was sent the same day, and it still hasnt arrived. This is the 2nd time its happened. The odd thing is, I purchased another jersey from the UK.. and it literally took 5 days to reach me. this is the 2nd time this has happened...

Another issue Ive had recently was quite odd and I just cannot figure this one out. Ive been doing business with this fellow in Canada off and on for about 2 years with no problems. Recently I sent him a flat rate package with 3 jerseys and 2 books inside( I folded these jerseys perfectly!). When it arrived at his place, He stated that only 2 jerseys were in the package, and thats it!. Ive dealt with this guy many many times and I trust him. He sttd the box showed no signs of tampering by customs. He actually works for customs! He sent me numerous pictures of the box as I requested. and It looked almost the same as when I sent it... he lives in Northeast Canada near Montreal..Missing from the box is a team Luxembourg blue jersey, and 2 hockey books(iihf 100th book and tropic of hockey)...Now I will have to pay the person back the portion they paid for the items I KNOW i sent them.

This other issue is odd as well. About 2 weeks back, I sent someone a team Belarus white game worn jersey in a trade for a Great Britain game worn jersey. Again , this is someone ive done tons of business with in the past, so I trust them!... I sent the jersey priority mail flat rate box, and it still hasnt arrived. I live in Arizona, and he in Ohio. It should take no more than 5 business days, especially priority mail. Again, in comparison to me, hes located in the Northeast...

Im stuck on what to do here. Im honestly considering NOT selling or buying jerseys anymore unless its sent through another service. Ive lost faith in USPS. I dont know their process as far as tracking packages or whatnot, but even without "delivery confirmation" they should be able to track down the package, as they are checked into certain post offices along the way and rerouted from there.. I think the "delivery confirmation" service is just a way to give the average consumer some USPS feelgood data. Is there any way to file a claim or a way to make a complaint that could possibly involve an investigation? Any suggestions or information anyone could give would be helpful. Im worried that almost priceless rare items are getting"lost" somehow. All of my packages are sent with clear and visible correct addresses(both sender and recipient). So they are either being stolen by someone or sitting at the bottom of a pile only to be sorted by someone who is maybe a little slow..

sorry for the long post/rant but Im very worried and almost considering leaving the hobby all together...

No need to apologize on the rant - with your stories you have just about every right to be angry over this particular issue. Something along the same lines that I'm dealing with, but UPS recently "rescheduled" my deliver date. Not getting my new jersey until the 28th. Really bummer too, because it's one that I'm really excited about.

No need to apologize on the rant - with your stories you have just about every right to be angry over this particular issue. Something along the same lines that I'm dealing with, but UPS recently "rescheduled" my deliver date. Not getting my new jersey until the 28th. Really bummer too, because it's one that I'm really excited about.

UPS(united parcel service) or USPS(united states postal service)?

UPS(united parcel service) or USPS(united states postal service)?

Mine is UPS, which is different from USPS I suppose. First time I've dealt with an issue like this. Have you contacted USPS and/or reported what's taken place?

Mine is UPS, which is different from USPS I suppose. First time I've dealt with an issue like this. Have you contacted USPS and/or reported what's taken place?

Im planning on talking to the postmaster tomorrow. I have to gather all of my information so they could atleast have some sort of package or transaction to investigate.Luckily I pay everything with either my credit card or my debit card.. Because I always lose the receipts ...

and FYI

This is UPS

ups-logo.jpg

This is USPS

02.05.09.jpg

Like, im currently waiting for a great britain game worn jersey. I paid for it on the 29th of June , it was sent the same day, and it still hasnt arrived. This is the 2nd time its happened. The odd thing is, I purchased another jersey from the UK.. and it literally took 5 days to reach me. this is the 2nd time this has happened...

Have you managed to track it to USPS's end of the transaction Anthony? I know our (UK) postal service have size restrictions on what can go express Airmail/standard Airmail etc etc, so I guess it could've been held up getting across the Atlantic? Always annoying though when you're waiting for a delivery, sure we've all shared that pain at some stage.

That totally sucks...Does someone at your local Post office know what kind of stuff you are sending? Could possibly be someone there knowing what kind of stuff you are shipping out and taking what they like. Hate to randomly start blaming someone,but obviously something very fishy is going on. Hit up your postmaster.

Have you managed to track it to USPS's end of the transaction Anthony? I know our (UK) postal service have size restrictions on what can go express Airmail/standard Airmail etc etc, so I guess it could've been held up getting across the Atlantic? Always annoying though when you're waiting for a delivery, sure we've all shared that pain at some stage.

USPS knows nothing, or claims to know nothing. especially without a tracking number.. the 2 packages I sent that were "lost or missing contents" are currently under investigation..

That totally sucks...Does someone at your local Post office know what kind of stuff you are sending? Could possibly be someone there knowing what kind of stuff you are shipping out and taking what they like. Hate to randomly start blaming someone,but obviously something very fishy is going on. Hit up your postmaster.

Yeah that bit does sound very dodgy, there's not really any explanation except for someone along the chain pinching the stuff.

USPS knows nothing, or claims to know nothing. especially without a tracking number.. the 2 packages I sent that were "lost or missing contents" are currently under investigation..

Can't the guy who sent it get you the tracking number?

I always get confirmation and insure everything I mail out through USPS.I ran into a problem 1 time where a guy contacted me a month after I mailed his jersey.He said he never got it I save all my receipts in a shoebox from the post office.I looked up the confirmation because he filed a claim with paypal sent him the number and paypal.They rejected his claim and he came back with the story his wife received it and never told him.It was delivered to him 2 days after I mailed it yet he waited 30 days to contact me..Good Luck I hope all ends well but with out confirmation there is no proof it was or was not delivered.