Possible problem with Ovechkin lettering kit

TMLFAN

Hey guys, in my other thread I was looking for places that sell lettering kits. I found two that were in Canada and decided to buy a kit from each to see which I liked better. Anyways, I ordered an Ovechkin kit from 20_west on ebay and recieved it yesterday. Comparing it to images on getty it looks like the letters on my kit are too small or narrow or the number 8 is too big also the "A" looks small as well. Does anybody have a measurement of what they should be, my letters including the "A" are 3 inches high and between 1.5 to 1.75 wide, the number is about 6.5 inches wide and just under 13 inches high. Also, the arm numbers are 4 inches high and about 2 inches wide. I have included a pic of my kit and a pic from getty, please let me know what you think.

receipts8002.jpg

87130908.jpg

OK, here are the measurements of mine. Mine doesn't have the A on it, I got it as a preorder from the Capitals website when the jerseys first came out. According to the tags that I have for it, it was customized by Exclusive Pro Sports.

Main #8 on back. 12 3/4" high, 6 1/2" across

Small #8's. 4" high, 2" across

Letters: This is where the difference is, my letters are 3 1/2" high and about 1 1/2" - 2" across. So the name is the only thing that appears to be different.

2865139930101580280S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks for the measurements, yours looks the same as the other I've seen so I am going to ask for a new nameplate to be made using your measurements.

I ordered some Rangers kits from 20_West about a year and a half ago. They were the wrong font and attached to a twill nameplate. They also got my order wrong - switching home kits and away kits. It took some work but I got a refund. They are now selling kits on eBay for the Rangers that have the colors reversed, claiming that's the new Edge style.

I know a couple people on another jersey board that say they've had nothing but good experiences with 20_West but I say stick with the experts like IJ, because 20_West sure doesn't do details well and they definitely aren't NHLPA licensed kits.

The measurements are about right for retail customized jerseys, but the letters and numbers on the gamer that I have are slightly smaller than the jersey I got customized by Coolhockey.

The measurements are about right for retail customized jerseys, but the letters and numbers on the gamer that I have are slightly smaller than the jersey I got customized by Coolhockey.

Every Ovechkin jersey I have seen be it a gamer, authentic, or replica has had the 8 as wide as only 3 letters. Mine is the only time I've seen the 8 as wide as 4 which means my letters are smaller then they should be. I e-mailed them about having another nameplate made so we'll see what they say but I've had jersey's done at NHL/NHLPA certified places and they've made mistakes as well so it almost seems that everybody does the lettering any way they want.

I just heard back and they are going to make another nameplate for me, yay.

I got the new nameplate today and all is well with it, looks the way is should so all that's left to do is put it onto my jersey.

I got the new nameplate today and all is well with it, looks the way is should so all that's left to do is put it onto my jersey.

Next time just use exclusive pro sports. I've only had one mess up from them, but they refunded me and got the right kit for free (I had already paid).

Next time just use exclusive pro sports. I've only had one mess up from them, but they refunded me and got the right kit for free (I had already paid).

I live in Canada and the price I would have to pay for a kit from exclusive pro would be more then it would cost me to have the jersey customized locally so that's really not an option for me. 20_west made me the new namebar for free so there's no complaints from me.