Hockey jersey shopping experiences

Curry1fan

CCM 550 hands down is a better replica jersey than the Premier jerseys. Far less flimsy. I think you'll be very happy with the CCM 550 over a Premier.

Aside from the customization of my red Premier Ovie being free since I ordered it on last year's trade deadline day from NHL.com [from whom I'd never order a customized Premier again - add that to the list of bad jersey experiences for all to avoid-- the clearly screened stitchmarks on the edges of the name letters and numbers on the Premier would also make me extremely hesitant to even consider the purchase an Edge from them], I totally agree with akteon- I vastly prefer my CCM 550s in fit quality, material feel and quality, and customization quality to the Premiers and think the NHL should never have switched.

Although the Ovie still looks great if I wear it to a game or around the casual fans who don't know any alternative to buying what's on NHL.com or in their local chain store like Sports Authority/Champs/Modell's, etc., since I know it's not fake, the colors are right for the Premier, and nothing is falling off (yet), I should have known better than to get it customized by NHL.com, even if it was free and no one else was offering the customization free at the time. If it wasn't free at the time, I'd have demanded a refund on the customization charges because of the screened stitchmarks, but since the customization was free, and NHL.com doesn't accept returns on customized items, I didn't think I had any other legally viable recourse at the time. The customization work being free is why I thought they had done such a bad job up until I saw the thread not long ago about the Sharks Premier from NHL.com with the letters falling off, which wasn't purchased at the same timeframe as mine- I then realized for sure that it wasn't just mine that they had done a bad customization job on. Although I haven't taken them up on it yet, I'm sure the job EPS does for free on the Premiers in their current promotion is far better than the work that NHL.com does.

While I no longer have my CCM 550 white Caps Jagr (the story of where it went is one for another time), I do remember the customization job on it being far superior to that of the Ovie, although it's harder for me to fairly compare b/c the Jagr was a gift purchased by my parents for me from either a regular Modell's or what was then the in-house Modell's shop at MCI Center, not from NHL.com. However, my remaining CCM 550s are not yet customized, so I also can't fairly compare my existing jerseys for their customization. The CCM 550 material feel, quality, and fit are way better. Call me a traditionalist, but I even like the fit and quality of the material (but not the feel of the material itself) of my old (also not yet customized) early and mid-90's CCM Ultrafil replicas (made before they switched to making 550s) better than the fit and material quality of the Premier material. To sum it up, CCM 550 > Rbk Premier, and it's not even close.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh I did the same thing at the deadline last year. Got myself an Avery at the day of the trade deadline. Im embarassed to even wear it most of the time, and this is coming from a guy who had picked up like 3-4 jerseys from nhl.com. Im gonna save up any get myself an Avery from IJ whenever I have the extra cash, maybe after the season. Speaking of free custom jobs, doesnt IJ do free custom specials at some point during the year or did I just imagine that??

Ugh I did the same thing at the deadline last year. Got myself an Avery at the day of the trade deadline. Im embarassed to even wear it most of the time, and this is coming from a guy who had picked up like 3-4 jerseys from nhl.com. Im gonna save up any get myself an Avery from IJ whenever I have the extra cash, maybe after the season. Speaking of free custom jobs, doesnt IJ do free custom specials at some point during the year or did I just imagine that??

That would be sweet! Does anyone know if the companies who originally customized the gamers during the pre-Rbk era (i.e. Cutting Edge for the Caps and Pens) would generally be willing to customize 550 or Ultrafil replicas from that era? Or will only the more "traditional" places (IJ, EPS, etc.) do it?

That would be sweet! Does anyone know if the companies who originally customized the gamers during the pre-Rbk era (i.e. Cutting Edge for the Caps and Pens) would generally be willing to customize 550 or Ultrafil replicas from that era? Or will only the more "traditional" places (IJ, EPS, etc.) do it?

Cutting Edge definitely customizes CCM 550's. They did my Ovechkin replica and my Vintage Collection Bondra replica. I was EXTREMELY happy with both, however, it took them a little over 6 months to complete/ship them back to me. That's why I've been going with EPS lately. They do the same job with a way quicker turnaround (and I think I saved a few bucks with them too).

Hopefully I can get a quick answer one way or the other on this one :

Has anyone purchased from USCHO.com. They have a jersey i have been eying for awhile.

I picked up my Matt Gilroy BU jersey from them recently. Fairly quick turn around for a customized jersey order and good prices. I believe they use EPS for the customization.

bu_gilroy_front_sm.jpgbu_gilroy_back_sm.jpg

I know LaFountain has ordered from them a once or twice as well with great results.

Hopefully I can get a quick answer one way or the other on this one :

Has anyone purchased from USCHO.com. They have a jersey i have been eying for awhile.

I purchased two Vermont jerseys from them, they use EPS for their customization. You will likely be happy with purchasing from them. They did a great job on my Stalberg and my Mitchell jerseys.

I purchased two Vermont jerseys from them, they use EPS for their customization. You will likely be happy with purchasing from them. They did a great job on my Stalberg and my Mitchell jerseys.

Well, I went for it and ordered their last Coyotes white in 46 for 115 and for some reason got 10% off, which was nice. I was surprised with the cheap shipping choices. I left it blank for the time being.

I buy one jersey from maxexercises.com: its cheap than others, the quality is ok.

Not sure why you're replying to me.

Looks like Chinese knockoffs to me. Plus you are not supposed to be advertising your own business on these boards

To paraphrase you: "...it's crappier than others, the quality is crap."

Again, CCM 550 > Rbk Premier, by far. Does anyone who is in the D.C. area or who knows the D.C. area well have ideas of somewhere locally (not Ebay/Craigslist/other online-only sites) that might sell EDGE jerseys? I am having a hard time justifying buying an EDGE when I am not entirely sure on the size I need, since the cost of getting it wrong is pretty steep (especially if customized).

Despite the Caps recent success the last few seasons on the ice and in getting an incredible level of fan interest here, D.C. (including the D.C. metro area) is not exactly an Original Six city, or a Buffalo, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Quebec, Winnipeg, etc. when it comes to hockey shops, where there are probably as many good hockey shops as there are Tim Horton's cafes. They have amazing coffee and donuts, but I'm sure that's for another thread, and maybe my estimation of the number of good hockey shops in those cities is too high. Either way, you get the idea.

The only decent hockey shop in the D.C. area that I knew of closed several years ago, eventually being replaced by a locally well-known magic shop. From what I've seen, the only places that sell any jerseys in a retail setting at all around the D.C. area [i.e. Sports Authority, Champs, etc.] only sell Premiers. The only way I can see that changing would be if the NHL were to switch jersey manufacturers to Under Armour, which I would not actually advocate and isn't happening any time soon, BUT the "authentics" (or whatever name UA would give the EDGE equivalent) would then be available at the local UA-run stores. The only place I can think of that might sell EDGEs in the D.C. area could be the shop at the Caps practice facility (Kettler) or at the arena itself (but the Verizon shop is so inept that they probably only sell Premiers too, since the high prices on the EDGE would likely scare the casual fans and they also have to devote space in the shop to the Wizards, Mystics, and Georgetown basketball teams). As I said, other than the one that closed, I really can't think of any other decent shops in the area- of course, most (if not all) local rinks offer skate sharpening, etc. at their pro shops, but I doubt any have EDGEs for sale. Does anyone have any other ideas of somewhere in the D.C. area that might sell EDGE in a retail-type setting?

Whats the deal with the sizes of the 550s??..How do they compare to the current Reebok premier jerseys?..I wear a medium in the reeboks which fits perfect..What should I get in the 550s? Medium as well I assume, right?

Whats the deal with the sizes of the 550s??..How do they compare to the current Reebok premier jerseys?..I wear a medium in the reeboks which fits perfect..What should I get in the 550s? Medium as well I assume, right?

I'd stick to size M, otherwise if you would go smaller than that it would like like a soccer jersey :lol:

• 1 month later...

Can someone post Ebay users who sell authentic jerseys on a constant basis..whos jerseys are real,legit and customized right?

lakeshow2 sells legit Mitchell and Ness throwback authentics. He's a M&N Outlet store. I've bought from him before, great stuff. You won't be disappointed.

Hockey Jersey Outlet (mbsmall8tm0) and The House of Hockey (thehouseohockey). However The House of Hockey primarily sells Pens jerseys but has other teams once in awhile.

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, but on the subject of bad shopping experiences, has anyone been to the Outlet on shop.nhl.com in the last few days? They have several authentic and replica Reebok and CCM jerseys in the Outlet, but none of them seem to be available when added to the shopping cart. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this... Thanks.

• 2 months later...

I love seeing dent_the_twine as reputable...I bought an ASG Pronger off of him and was a bit nervous. Whew.

Oh, this might be really dumb, but is EPS ExclusivePro.com?