Hockey jersey shopping experiences

Curry1fan

Based on the suggestion in Carl's RCS thread (god bless ya Carl!), I decided to go ahead and start this. Here, we do exactly what it sounds like: talk about places where we have bought jerseys (customized or not) and discuss our experiences with them; whether good or bad.

This thread can be for online stores, stores in your hometown, Ebay sellers, whatever. It just has to be a place you have bought a jersey from once or multiple times. The only suggestions I have are to name the business or person selling and then give it a GOOD, BAD, or UGLY rating. Other than that, there are no rules; just help each other out!

Here's my experiences:

GOOD: SportsK.com

I found SportsK through a Google search for hockey jerseys. I loved how their RBK replica prices were the lowest of almost all other sites. The blank was $88 and the customizing was $67. You can add any applicable patches for an extra $15. The shipping is also the lowest rate I'd seen at $6 for standard ground. Your jersey takes about 3 weeks to be customized before it ships. They put your jersey in a plastic bag before putting it in the UPS box, but it is still very clean and wrinkle free when you remove it. They have an almost perfect rating on Yahoo Stores.

GOOD: IceJerseys

Most of you know what IJ charges and how great their service is, and I have to agree after buying a jersey from here for the first time in May. They had it to me a week earlier than I expected and I was able to wear it for games 6 and 7 (I purchased a Chris Kunitz black Pens jersey in case you did not see me post it in "it arrived today.) The customization was spot on and done perfectly. The only thing I was bummed about is that they started offering to sew on the 2009 SC patch AFTER I got my jersey, but I do not resent IJ for this. I bought my patch separately from SportsK and put it on once it came.

OK, who's next?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a good experience with Jersey Express. I purchased a customized rbk edge Kings 3rd jersey for $220 including shipping. It arrived in three weeks in the original bag and is beautiful. I can't wait for the upcoming season. GO KINGS!

I got a Jets 550 from CoolHockey.com which came out very well (simple font in fairness but still). The got it done very quickly too, was with me within a fortnight of buying it. I'd definitely use them again.

• 3 months later...

These are my experiences:

IceJerseys: Only a couple of transaction, they seem to do good work.

SportsK: Great customer service by Howard.

Jersey Express: Mostly very good. Stephanie is very helpful.

RCS: Mixed. Some good, some so-so.

Jersey City: Mostly good.

Meigray: 100% great experiences.

Never dealt with EPS or CoolHockey.

Had a challenging experience with Hockey Giant. Customized a Thrashers jersey for me without a nameplate. Didn't understand what I was talking about. Never again.

That's about it.............Cheers!

These are my experiences:

IceJerseys: Only a couple of transaction, they seem to do good work.

SportsK: Great customer service by Howard.

Jersey Express: Mostly very good. Stephanie is very helpful.

RCS: Mixed. Some good, some so-so.

Jersey City: Mostly good.

Meigray: 100% great experiences.

Never dealt with EPS or CoolHockey.

Had a challenging experience with Hockey Giant. Customized a Thrashers jersey for me without a nameplate. Didn't understand what I was talking about. Never again.

That's about it.............Cheers!

I wasnt impressed with Hockey Giant either. Had cheap, heat pressed jerseys, and lousy customer service.

I forgot to mention a local place here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. http://www.vintageminnesotahockey.com/ I've heard nothing but great stuff about them. They are mostly Gopher, North Star, and local high school stuff. Great quality.

I forgot to mention a local place here in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. http://www.vintageminnesotahockey.com/ I've heard nothing but great stuff about them. They are mostly Gopher, North Star, and local high school stuff. Great quality.

This place looks interesting. I wonder if they customize all NHL teams.

Whats the deal with pro-jerseys.com?? I just found out about this site yesterday. Any good or no?

Some guy on JC had a huge issue, I would avoid them until its resolved...sorry no personal experience though...

I've had Gregg at Pro-Jerseys.com do quite a bit of customizing for me on Rangers jerseys and I have been 100% satisfied and have recommended him to others. I'm not aware of any issues with Pro-Jerseys.com on JC, I'll have to do some searching to see if there was something I missed. Gregg is a member of JC as well (but not a frequent poster).

There are two different companies on eBay using Pro Jerseys as a name. On eBay seller ProJerseys is Gregg Diamond of Pro-Jerseys.com, and seller Pro-Jerseys on eBay is a different company that I've had no dealings with.

I found that Gregg is very easy to communicate with, has good prices, very fast turn around on the customizations he did for me, and the quality was great. Below is a pic of my last haul of Rangers customization he did for me.

starter_six.jpg

EPS is the s***. Only messed up one of my orders once (it was a custom Kings kit because of some f-tard who almost ruined an amazing jersey) BUT helped me every step along the way to make it perfect!

I've bought a couple fakes off eBay which sucked.

Some guy on JC had a huge issue, I would avoid them until its resolved...sorry no personal experience though...

I've had Gregg at Pro-Jerseys.com do quite a bit of customizing for me on Rangers jerseys and I have been 100% satisfied and have recommended him to others. I'm not aware of any issues with Pro-Jerseys.com on JC, I'll have to do some searching to see if there was something I missed. Gregg is a member of JC as well (but not a frequent poster).

There are two different companies on eBay using Pro Jerseys as a name. On eBay seller ProJerseys is Gregg Diamond of Pro-Jerseys.com, and seller Pro-Jerseys on eBay is a different company that I've had no dealings with.

I found that Gregg is very easy to communicate with, has good prices, very fast turn around on the customizations he did for me, and the quality was great. Below is a pic of my last haul of Rangers customization he did for me.

Well, the lettering on the Starter 3rd jerseys (Messier and Richter) don't look quite right. I know they used 13 inch (or even taller) numbers on the back and the name looks different too.

richter2_2.jpg

Well, the lettering on the Starter 3rd jerseys (Messier and Richter) don't look quite right. I know they used 13 inch (or even taller) numbers on the back and the name looks different too.

Interesting. I think the font on akteon's looks a lot better but of course that doesn't mean it's correct.

It looks like there may have been a difference between the fonts on the Starter jerseys and the Koho jerseys.

I guess that's where the customizer may have gone wrong?

1334101327069211570S425x425Q85.jpg

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/...069211570GLucyg

lindros5_2.jpg

http://www.gamewornjerseys.com/cgi-bin/jer...ey.cgi?lindros5

cairns1_2.jpg

http://www.gamewornjerseys.com/cgi-bin/jer...sey.cgi?cairns1

23mtu6a.jpg

hth5jc.jpg

bf5ond.jpg

What I found in my research was that the Rangers only used the thinner font for one season, 1997-98.

Here's 2 gamers from MeiGray from 1996-97 (first year of Liberty jerseys) notice the "R" especially:

img8333887med.jpgimg8448194med.jpg

(click images to enlarge)

Compare to this other MeiGray gamer from 1997-98, this is the only year of the thinner font.

img5509732med.jpg

(click image to enlarge)

In 1998-99 they wore the white liberty jerseys, going back to the thicker font. Obviously they had their own issues, as they weren't approved by the league to wear the 3 color names and switched to 2 mid season.

img7520729med.jpg

(click image to enlarge)

Finally starting in 1999-00 and running through end of the Pre-Edge era they stuck with the thicker font on the navy liberty jerseys.

img5682611med.jpgimg7853066med.jpg

(click images to enlarge)

Because I liked the thicker style better, I stuck with that so consider mine 1996-97 versions :)

http://www.pro-jerseys.com/rangers.php

If you guys dont mind taking a quick look, can someone just confirm with me that Lundqvist and Graves wore those style CCM jerseys..Thanks in advance!

http://www.pro-jerseys.com/rangers.php

If you guys dont mind taking a quick look, can someone just confirm with me that Lundqvist and Graves wore those style CCM jerseys..Thanks in advance!

The CCM 550 replicas they have on Pro-Jerseys.com were the standard replicas from 2000-2007 before the Edge jerseys took over. Even though RBK bought CCM in 2005, they kept the 550 replicas branded as CCM for NHL jerseys (there were some RBK tagged 550s but I believe those were only for the minor leagues - I have a OHL RBK 550 Sudbury replica).

So even though Lundqvist joined the team in 2005 and never wore a CCM Rangers jersey on the ice, the replicas from 2005-07 were the CCM 550s, so they'd be accurate for him.

As for Graves his last season with the Rangers was 2000-01 so a CCM 550 is accurate for him as well. Just don't put a '94 Cup Patch on it if you want to be 100% accurate. Although they wore CCM jerseys in 1994, they didn't switch to the lace-up collar and the wider stripes with no blue between them until 1997-98. Unfortunately many retailers (including Pro-Jerseys) aren't always so precise and will but a '94 Cup Patch on anything.

I dont own any CCM 550 style jerseys..So is ther emuch of a difference between the material used between those and the reebok premier jerseys?? Im not exactly too happy with the feel of the premier..If you people had to choose between the two which would you prefer??

I dont own any CCM 550 style jerseys..So is ther emuch of a difference between the material used between those and the reebok premier jerseys?? Im not exactly too happy with the feel of the premier..If you people had to choose between the two which would you prefer??

CCM 550 hands down is a better replica jersey than the Premier jerseys. Far less flimsy. I think you'll be very happy with the CCM 550 over a Premier.