My Experience at River City Sports

Carl

As stupid as this whole situation as gotten. If they are saying the Niedermayer is done correctly and the game-worn you show them is a rush job and is not correct as they stated(how can a game worn be the wrong font?) you should show them pictures of other players on the team with a 4 also and that way they can see that all the 4's on the game worns are that way and not like yours.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So not only did I not get any return instructions email, now mysteriously I can't even get my calls to their customer service department...

UPDATE...finally got through and there is a different rep there and got the info I was looking for...good luck Carl!

So not only did I not get any return instructions email, now mysteriously I can't even get my calls to their customer service department...

UPDATE...finally got through and there is a different rep there and got the info I was looking for...good luck Carl!

What is the person's name? Do you know?

I just spoke to Stacey and she was really nice, polite and she saw the picture and agreed with me it was different. Another manager will be in tomorrow and he will call me back. I'll keep you guys posted.

I tried to call 4 times, the 4th time with a different phone number and the line just cuts after one ring.

Sigh... I'm so tired of having to deal with this crap.

Can somebody call to see if they're filtering the calls? I called like 10 other times and the line always cuts after 1, 2 or 3 rings.

If you have a real issue with service you could tell them you will be contacting the BBB (Better Business Bureau), it certainly would get their attention. I can't speak of terrible things of River City, they offer me the best price on authentics, the customizations I have seen are decent, in this case with the Anaheim jersey I would ask what size is your jersey, and did Anaheim by chance amend their fonts this past year?

If you have a real issue with service you could tell them you will be contacting the BBB (Better Business Bureau), it certainly would get their attention. I can't speak of terrible things of River City, they offer me the best price on authentics, the customizations I have seen are decent, in this case with the Anaheim jersey I would ask what size is your jersey, and did Anaheim by chance amend their fonts this past year?

The jersey is a size 52 and the font hasn't changed since 2006, that I am sure of. I will look into the BBB suggestion, thanks for your help!

Those "close but not right" 4's look like something you'd expect from a Chinese knockoff.

I agree with JeffB on this one. That particular jersey is one of my favorites in the league at the moment and I've never seen the 4 done up like RCS did on your jersey there. I'm sorry you're having to put up with that crap. I've never seen any Ducks jerseys done up like that, even the Niedermayers I saw done up at the Honda Center in 2007 were done up better. AFAIK, I don't believe the Ducks font has changed any at all. Good luck!

Also get your credit company involved. RCS did not provided you the goods that you expected therefore you don't have to pay for it.

Also get your credit company involved. RCS did not provided you the goods that you expected therefore you don't have to pay for it.

I had them customize a Slovenia Swift Authentic Jersey with Kopitar #13....

Didn't even use the swift font....

Complained...Made me mail the jersey back on my own dime; replaced only the name and not the numbers...

Sent it back again on my own dime...

Replaced the numbers, didn't even line up the numbers correctly on the sleeves...

Not to mention it took them weeks to respond back to me...

RCS is terrible...never dealing with them again...

I'm all the way in Los Angeles, I kind of feel that's why they gave me the shaft with their service. Not like I can fly all the way to their store and knock their door down...

Complained...Made me mail the jersey back on my own dime; replaced only the name and not the numbers...

Replaced the numbers, didn't even line up the numbers correctly on the sleeves...

I'm all the way in Los Angeles, I kind of feel that's why they gave me the shaft with their service. Not like I can fly all the way to their store and knock their door down...

Terrible, just terrible.

They're supposed to call me today, I'll keep you guys posted.

I really appreciate your support guys, thanks alot.

Conclusion: Rob Main called me back today and agreed with me that the font was bad (thanks to Akteon's photo, thanks man!). He agreed to reimburse me the 60$ of customization. I'll have icejerseys fix the jersey.

good to hear they are giving you the money back. Hopefully the new 4's will cover up any marks left by the old ones.

• 11 months later...

Not defending RCS but it is possible that the Slovenia number style had changed since Kopitar wore the #11 years back? When I bought mine from RCS they did it to specs along with my Denmark and Norway jersey.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2685220590106460649bOUCdU

I did have a problem years back with a Germany jersey where they used incorrect number colors and font. They fixed it for me though. I was kind of disappointed that somebody there didn't go to the trouble of checking how it was supposed to be and that a supervisor actually signed off on the jersey before it was shipped.

has anyone of the new members had a bad custom job from River city?

I haven't got it yet, but I ordered a Winnipeg Blue Bombers jersey from there a couple weeks ago, still waiting, they said 4-5 weeks. But after reading some of the previous posts here I do have to say, I live in Winnipeg, where they're based and have been to all 3 of their stores. It's mostly teenagers working there and most of them will hardly lift a finger to help you, it's like going into a skateboard store where it's just a bunch of kids that want to get paid to hang out all day. They do have good stuff and good prices on some of it but I prefer to not have to ask anybody anything when I go there because half the time they don't have too much of a clue what you're talking about, I have talked to a couple of dumbasses at rcs in my time let me tell you, so when I do go, I genereally know what I'm looking for and if I can't find it I tend not to ask and then check here or ebay.

Has anyone bought apparel from River City Sports? As in hats, shirts, etc. How is their processing / shipping timetable - out quickly or slow? Thanks to anyone who can help.

It's fine when they actually have it in stock and ready to ship. You will get it reasonably quickly. If something doesn't go right with your order you will get the privilege of playing phone tag with Rob Main.

It's fine when they actually have it in stock and ready to ship. You will get it reasonably quickly. If something doesn't go right with your order you will get the privilege of playing phone tag with Rob Main.

I've always had a decent time with them, but I've dealt there for 18 yrs now, usually with one of the main guys(James)...that

may be why,but even before I met him face to face in 99 any orders were good, returns/corrections w/o issue...granted a lot of

businesses probably have satisfied/dissatisfied customers. Everyone drops the ball sometimes, its as long as they can pick it

up quick and right.....

Not defending RCS but it is possible that the Slovenia number style had changed since Kopitar wore the #11 years back? When I bought mine from RCS they did it to specs along with my Denmark and Norway jersey.

http://sports.webshots.com/photo/2685220590106460649bOUCdU

I did have a problem years back with a Germany jersey where they used incorrect number colors and font. They fixed it for me though. I was kind of disappointed that somebody there didn't go to the trouble of checking how it was supposed to be and that a supervisor actually signed off on the jersey before it was shipped.

do you have a picture of kopitar in a Slovenia jersey? because as far as I remember slovenia had single colored numbers...

Slovenia example

do you have a picture of kopitar in a Slovenia jersey? because as far as I remember slovenia had single colored numbers...

Slovenia example

Please dont ask me to try to find this photo again.... I remember when the jersey came I checked it out but that was a while back... If I happen to run across it again I'll send it to you...I am almost positive there is a pic somewhere on the web....