ccm semi pro (550)???

belfour20

I'm new to the board, so excuse my naivete, but I was looking to purchase a ccm semi pro 550 jersey from frozen pond, but i was curious as to what the quality of it is like. Is it really as bad as I've heard (in terms of being compared to the authentic). I usually only buy authentic, so I dont have any prior expeience with the 550 line. Any info at all will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

First of all, welcome!

Second, I've never heard of Frozen Pond so have you heard bad things about the jerseys from there? Or did you hear it from someone who was unhappy with a 550?

Personally I have an Evgeni Malkin 550 that I love. It's heavy, but not so heavy that you're uncomfortable. You also can't beat the sewn on lettering and numbering as opposed to the screen printed twill that NHL Shop sells these days. It's also more of a full cut jersey and not a tapered fit. If you like your jerseys pretty loose, then the 550 will work for you. They do everything the exact same way as the pros do, just no fight strap.

Hope I helped, but I'm sure others will weigh in here. Good luck!

I swear by 550's. No they are not as good as the authentics, but they are a great value for the money and a clear step above the current Reebok replicas.

I have never purchased a jersey from Frozen Pond but I can vouch for their other products as I have gotten a few autographed pucks from them in the past.

As for the 550's, they were very well made replicas. As long as you don't try to compare them to the authentics, you will be quite happy with them.

The CCM 550s are a cornerstone of many hockey jersey collections - even most who just focus on authentics probably started out with CCM 550s. As everyone said above, they are great quality for a replica - leaps and bounds better than the current Reebok Premier replica crap. The 550s hold up well and are fairly inexpensive. Frozen Pond has them for $99, I'd say do some digging online - depending on what team/style you're going for you can probably save some money.

do you have one?

:thumbsup:

First of all, welcome!

Second, I've never heard of Frozen Pond so have you heard bad things about the jerseys from there? Or did you hear it from someone who was unhappy with a 550?

Personally I have an Evgeni Malkin 550 that I love. It's heavy, but not so heavy that you're uncomfortable. You also can't beat the sewn on lettering and numbering as opposed to the screen printed twill that NHL Shop sells these days. It's also more of a full cut jersey and not a tapered fit. If you like your jerseys pretty loose, then the 550 will work for you. They do everything the exact same way as the pros do, just no fight strap.

Hope I helped, but I'm sure others will weigh in here. Good luck!

i've never had anyone dissuade me from buying a 550, but before i purchased the jersey, i wanted to make sure that i was going to be happy with the quality, and when i started doing research on the differences between the 550 and the authentic model, i read about a lot of negative things. (even though i thought the pictures looked okay. But frozenpond.com is a greatsite for rare hockey collectibles but they have jerseys too. They are great for customer service and I have been very pleased when I have ordered from the in the past.

I will have to check it out. Do they do customizing too or do you have to buy a jersey and then send it out yourself for customizing once you recieve it?

I got a couple of ccm 550's to from different teams.

And i must say i like the quality a lot better then the current Reebok Premier Jerseys.

I hope personally that they will change the cheap look of the premier jerseys.

I will have to check it out. Do they do customizing too or do you have to buy a jersey and then send it out yourself for customizing once you recieve it?

I don't think Frozen Pond offers customization on their jerseys. So am pretty sure you would have to send it to a customizer to have it done.

I'm new to the board, so excuse my naivete, but I was looking to purchase a ccm semi pro 550 jersey from frozen pond, but i was curious as to what the quality of it is like. Is it really as bad as I've heard (in terms of being compared to the authentic). I usually only buy authentic, so I dont have any prior expeience with the 550 line. Any info at all will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

550 are excellent jerseys if you cant afford the pro model they are usually 1/3 the cost, if you are talking about frozen pond the store in toronto, they are very expensive and you can probably find the jersey alot cheaper somewhere else, try rivercitysports.com or email and maybe i can find what you are looking for since there are a bunch of jerseys stores in the centre of the hockey universe here in toronto,