Authentic St.Louis Blues Jersey Question...

Displaced Swede - FJC

I dont know if you guys can help me, i came across a guy selling a Authentic Pavol Demitra St.Louis Blues jersey, All he is saying is that it is a Starter Authentic....

What jersey did they have when the NHL used Starter Jerseys....

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was the blue, yellow, and red one, like the one gretzky wore for that season.

But i am not confident....Help?

I dont know if you guys can help me, i came across a guy selling a Authentic Pavol Demitra St.Louis Blues jersey, All he is saying is that it is a Starter Authentic....

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was the blue, yellow, and red one, like the one gretzky wore for that season.

Blues19.png

They started using Starter in the 97-98 season and that was also the same year they introduced the white alternate which became their primary white jersey in 98. They used Starter in the 98-99 season as well before switching to CCM in 1999-2000.

Blues19.png

They started using Starter in the 97-98 season and that was also the same year they introduced the white alternate which became their primary white jersey in 98. They used Starter in the 98-99 season as well before switching to CCM in 1999-2000.

Thanks, So i have a 67% chance that it is either of the ones i would want.

I'd still take it as the other one, just i really like that Blues Jersey

I didnt know that nhluniforms.com had the brands on them, i thought it was jsut the designs.

Thanks!

NP, at first I didn't notice the area where you could look at the seasons, so I had to look around a bit on there. Good luck on it. I've loved the Blues sets since I first started following them in 1990. That late 90s jersey isn't a bad looking jersey really. IIRC, Demitra joined the team in the 1996-97 season, when he was traded there from Ottawa for Christer Olsson.

OK, first of all how much is he wanting and is he gonna let you see it at all before you pay? Not saying not to buy it, but just saying be careful when buying sight unseen.

OK, first of all how much is he wanting and is he gonna let you see it at all before you pay? Not saying not to buy it, but just saying be careful when buying sight unseen.

Local ad, I will be picking it up from him

He wants $40

Yes. Never NEVER buy without seeing.

Regarding the jersey itself though, if it's the Starter version of the 1999 3rd jersey, get it. Those jerseys were made of the nice shiny mesh AND they had gone back to the old, classic blue note style with the sharpened edges and without the wordmark. Definitely worth the money.

Yes. Never NEVER buy without seeing.

Regarding the jersey itself though, if it's the Starter version of the 1999 3rd jersey, get it. Those jerseys were made of the nice shiny mesh AND they had gone back to the old, classic blue note style with the sharpened edges and without the wordmark. Definitely worth the money.

He got back to me, I will be picking it up this evening.

It is the Starter version of the 3rd jersey.

I am looking forward to getting it.

I dont have very many authentics, and this is one of a team and player i am fond of for cheap

NICE! You won't be disappointed. Is it white or blue? Because as I recall, the Blues actually ditched the red versions and went to those full-time that year. I know they definitely wore that style in the playoffs against Phoenix.

NICE! You won't be disappointed. Is it white or blue? Because as I recall, the Blues actually ditched the red versions and went to those full-time that year. I know they definitely wore that style in the playoffs against Phoenix.

All i know is that it is Starter and the white one, so it could be the third jersey from that year they still had the red on them, or it could have been the following season

I got it!

It Looks Great, However I was taken by surprised by the material

It is a meshy material, i just hadn't seen the material before, it is in great shape, however there is a small stain i need to try and remove

A great jersey regardless for $40

Can't go wrong with the Starter mesh - my favorite jerseys ever.

Here's my blue one from '99 I still need to get customized.

blues_auth.jpg

Can't go wrong with the Starter mesh - my favorite jerseys ever.

Here's my blue one from '99 I still need to get customized.

blues_auth.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous and one of my all-time faves. You can never go wrong with that jersey and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. Who are you planning to get on it? There are several good choices from that season.

Absolutely gorgeous and one of my all-time faves. You can never go wrong with that jersey and I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. Who are you planning to get on it? There are several good choices from that season.

I am planning on going with a fairly odd choice - #32 Mike Eastwood.

I was a fan of his when he played with the Rangers (though it was only two half seasons). Plus I always thought his name would be cool on a the back of a jersey.

I am planning on going with a fairly odd choice - #32 Mike Eastwood.

I was a fan of his when he played with the Rangers (though it was only two half seasons). Plus I always thought his name would be cool on a the back of a jersey.

That is a cool idea, not one I would've expected, but still a good choice. He was a solid player with them. He was even on their roster when they won the President's Trophy. I think he played with them through 2001. I used to get so frustrated with Mike Keenan during his tenure there as he seemed like he was making trades right and left. There for awhile it seemed like they kept getting guys who were on the 94 Rangers Cup team. The ironic thing is, he pretty much built the team that won the Trophy in 2000. I'd have to look at the roster again though.

HA! Mike Eastwood. I remember him. They picked him up for the 1997 playoff run with Dallas Eakins right?

There for awhile it seemed like they kept getting guys who were on the 94 Rangers Cup team.

Man, you aint kidding! At one point during the 95-96 season, I think there were SEVEN players on the Blues that had won the Cup with the Rangers. Was he really that great to play for?

HA! Mike Eastwood. I remember him. They picked him up for the 1997 playoff run with Dallas Eakins right?

There for awhile it seemed like they kept getting guys who were on the 94 Rangers Cup team.

Man, you aint kidding! At one point during the 95-96 season, I think there were SEVEN players on the Blues that had won the Cup with the Rangers. Was he really that great to play for?

LOL, depends on who you'd ask I guess. I was looking at Blues stats in 95 and in 95-96 and I was astonished to see the names that were on the Cup team who had played for the Blues during those seasons. Tikkanen, Lidster, Gilbert, Anderson, Noonan, Wells, MacTavish, Hudson, and Matteau, those are some big names from that Rangers team. I don't remember the full details behind Tikkanen and Lidster going to the Note, but I want to say it had something to do with Keenan's hire with the Blues and the Rangers acquiring Petr Nedved.

Some of his trades worked out remarkably well in the long run. Particularly the Shanahan for Pronger deal and the Olsson for Demitra trade. I think he managed to trade CuJo to Edmonton for Shayne Corson and managed to snag Grant Fuhr as a FA at the same time to replace CuJo. I was fuming when I heard they dealt Shanny and CuJo. But it propelled the Note for a decent run in the 96 semi-finals, where they lost to the Wings. Eventually, I believe Corson was dealt to Montreal for Pierre Turgeon, another key contributer to the 99-00 team. I have heard some Blues fans state that Pronger was able to fully develop as a defenseman in playing with Al MacInnis. He also picked up Geoff Courtnall from Vancouver in the 95-96 season and he had a decent 2nd run with the Note before retiring due to concussions later. There were so many Blues transactions in those days that its hard to keep up with them all...lol.